What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spagnolo embroiled in ASIC investigation

Delboy

First Grade
Gronk, you think and see what you see, others see and think differently

I am over the negativity , end of story whatever it is

Someone suggests a player is training hard affter injury, you get.. he is a niffy, what does he offer get rid of him. You would be surprised the number of long term posters that contact each other off the board now to share info they have piicked up, rarely does anyone post it anymore. Just saying

Gronk

Staff member
Gronk, you think and see what you see, others see and think differently

I am over the negativity , end of story whatever it is

Someone suggests a player is training hard affter injury, you get.. he is a niffy, what does he offer get rid of him. You would be surprised the number of long term posters that contact each other off the board now to share info they have piicked up, rarely does anyone post it anymore. Just saying

Maybe you should start your own "The Eels through rose coloured glasses" thread and ask for a sticky. Then mods can ensure that only good stuff about the team is posted there and opinions about players, coaches, selections and tactics can only be positive with detractors promptly deleted. Everything can be sanitised to your liking and we can all pretend that the other stuff didn't really happen.

Oh by the way, that goes for the Junior League as well. Those Negative Nancy's who spray the junior admin will be shut down as well. ;-)

Delboy

First Grade
Gronk , getting personal now

I dont think you have really grasped what I was saying

The reason that this forum has become less active, is because of the negativity that abounds, whether that is me or others so be it. I do have some reasons to understand the frailties of the junior league, and its personae as I see what goes on close up.

Sure I have people that I know in the club, but basically the blog used to be more about people coming oin sharing information about players and the club, then about 18 months ago agter the last election it became bitchy. Certainly I defended the actions that I still believe were in the best interests of the club, but look around at what is posted now and by whom, it is depressing

You do an admirable job posting news items etc, the responses are generally negative and think of the names that no longer participate and you would see a pattern.

The hard core that attend training and junior rep games, and have reasonable contacts have slowed their input to a trickle, and that has had its impact on the board. I think you said it to me previously, dont read it if you dont like it, my observation entirely

Maybe you should start your own "The Eels through rose coloured glasses" thread and ask for a sticky. Then mods can ensure that only good stuff about the team is posted there and opinions about players, coaches, selections and tactics can only be positive with detractors promptly deleted. Everything can be sanitised to your liking and we can all pretend that the other stuff didn't really happen.

Oh by the way, that goes for the Junior League as well. Those Negative Nancy's who spray the junior admin will be shut down as well. ;-)

:roll:

Haynzy

First Grade
I rely on this place for my Eels news.
I am hoping and praying that we have a really good season because the bitch fighting is what gets me down.
I can handle the negativity to a point but the narky, bitchy comments make secondary school females look like a delegation from the UN peace corps.
I find that tiring.
Every now and then it's funny but some posters seem devoid of a sense of humour and that gets tiring.

Thanks to all of those who make an effort, the whiny bitches can get a life.

Eels Dude

Coach
Threads like this are a major part of the reason, long term posters are rarely visiting the site and cant be bothered making comments

This has become a site of negativity about the club, I guess the usual suspects will come back with their reasons, but this should be a footy forum, even when info is posted , the replies are generally negative

Pity really, as I and plenty of others used to enjoy the site

Good riddance then. If long term posters can't handle the fact others may have differing opinions to them, or question certain decisions... then they are best of not using discussion boards in the first place.

eels81236

Bench
I'm with Delboy. The forum should only be about LBA's and what happens on the footy field. Afterall, it was only after the last election that we whingers started talking off field matters. Nothing political prior to then. Boards or admin should not be discussed around here unless it suits Delboy and his mates in power. Hypocritical? Delboy doesn't think so.

Delboy

First Grade
FMD, you all missed the point

When school is back, you will have homework to do, just making the point that it has deteriorated from a footy forum to a critical blog about everything else

You 6 or 7 that enjoy this are welcome to it, keep posting between yourselves

Gronk

Staff member
FMD, you all missed the point

When school is back, you will have homework to do, just making the point that it has deteriorated from a footy forum to a critical blog about everything else

You 6 or 7 that enjoy this are welcome to it, keep posting between yourselves

Old age has effected your short term memory Delboy. The forum was bubbling away with negative posts whilst Osama Bin Fitzgerald was in power too.

Short term memory ? Actually I think it's called selective memory. ;-)

Eels Dude

Coach
And if you're upset certain people don't post on here anymore because they don't like what other people write, get over it, invite them round to a BBQ where you can laugh and chat like the good ol' times. But you have no right to blame others for forcing other people to stop posting on here. As far as I'm aware discussion boards are for discussions. If everyone shared the same opinions what's the point?

I think the topic on hand in this thread is worthy of concern and detailed discussion. And in case you don't realise we just had our worst season in 16 years this season just gone and fans who live and die for the club have every right to be concerned about that too. If that's negative then so be it. There is a legitimate reason.

SDM

First Grade
I am sick of Delboy trying to gag people seeking the truth. I have it on good authority that he is the reason why certain long time posters do not want to talk footy anymore. Delboy, keep posting by yourself if you like, but you are ruining the forum.

bartman

Immortal
The reason that this forum has become less active, is
...I can throw up three other reasons for that D-Boy:

• facebook
  • twitter
  • footy social
Fast being joined by a fourth:

• people banging on about how they don't like other people posting their (differing) opinions
IMO it's been a select few 6-7 people that seem to have a problem with other people's views in the past two years or so that bring most of the negativity...

Bottom line, it's an internet forum. People are entitled to have, take and post differing views about something - that's why places like this exist. Simply post your own view, read through but don't worry too much about anyone else's, and then the forum moves along just fine. :)

Suitman

Post Whore
TBH, when I first started posting here, this place was fun. It was enjoyable and full of much laughter and banter.
These days, it's just a shit fight.
I read, but CBF'ed replying to most of it. It just seems to go round in circles.
There is the odd enlightening post, but generally, there is more negativity than not.

I don't even think winning will help, because there'll always remain the "Us vs Them" debate - you know the type........."It was Osborne who brought us success because he signed Kearney", or "Osborne was a useless prick who couldn't manage his Woolworths grocery bills".

This following quote is f**king pathetic and a perfect example why this place is turning to shit..

the existing board have done everything they possibly can to destroy all heart and spirit from our club. Leave Nathan alone get rid of the crap running the place......................

And then.....

At last, here come the faithful troops!

mickdo, you really need to get over it and move on.

And on and on it goes.
Round and round in circles.

An outsider looking in would wonder whether we were fans at all.

Suity

Jodeci

Bench
TBH, when I first started posting here, this place was fun. It was enjoyable and full of much laughter and banter.
These days, it's just a shit fight.
I read, but CBF'ed replying to most of it. It just seems to go round in circles.
There is the odd enlightening post, but generally, there is more negativity than not.

I don't even think winning will help, because there'll always remain the "Us vs Them" debate - you know the type........."It was Osborne who brought us success because he signed Kearney", or "Osborne was a useless prick who couldn't manage his Woolworths grocery bills".

This following quote is f**king pathetic and a perfect example why this place is turning to shit..

And then.....

And on and on it goes.
Round and round in circles.

An outsider looking in would wonder whether we were fans at all.

Suity

Can we all please move on and talk some footy.....

bartman

Immortal
Fair points Suity, and that's kind of why above I wrote....

Bottom line, it's an internet forum. People are entitled to have, take and post differing views about something - that's why places like this exist. Simply post your own view, read through but don't worry too much about anyone else's, and then the forum moves along just fine. :)

In the posts you've quoted, the first is imo an extreme view (or even a sarcastic joke?). If no-one bites, then the post will simply fade away and be ignored, and the thread can continue about it's original topic.

But as you've pointed out, because of an outdated "us against them" mentality, people bite. Mickdo's post that you've quoted is an example - and imo starts off the negativity (for which he's actually been called on by others a few times this year). Similarly Dellboy's post in this thread today imo is of the type that starts the negativity and personal references rolling. It actually ends up achieving the opposite of what those two people presumably want the forums to be....

But it seems some people can't help themselves, and get personal when they can't agree to disagree... Would be much simpler here if people just post their own (differing) opinion in response to something they don't agree with, rather than getting personal with others. That's if they can be bothered posting, and if they can't be bothered then it doesn't really become a problem! Because if no-one bites at posts they've read and disagree with, then those posts will just go on to be forgotten and the forum moves along in a more positive manner...