What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Speeding question

lockyno1

Post Whore
[furrycat] said:
Never seen so much contradiction in one post in all my life! :?

Huh? All I am saying is there is no need to speed under most circumstances, however is some instances there is a need to get a place on time and to do such you need to speed!

Frederick

Staff member
lockyno1 said:
There is no defense for speeding, however sometimes it is necessary to speed. However that is the risk you personally take. My theory is that if you don't speed, there is less stress on you as a driver as you are not worrying about cops, cameras, etc. If there is no need to speed, I don't do it. However if I am running late for something I do speed, and that is where I take a risk.
:lol:

Dave Q

Coach
CobyDelaney said:
Leave earlier you moron.

There is no excuse for speeding.

There are some excuses, but they rely on certain exceptionally rare circumstances and need to be properly evidenced.

Running late doesnt qualify.

In 14 years of driving, Ive never had a justifiable reason to speed, even when Ive been visiting people in their deathbeds.

[furrycat]

Coach
lockyno1 said:
There is no defense for speeding, however sometimes it is necessary to speed. However that is the risk you personally take. My theory is that if you don't speed, there is less stress on you as a driver as you are not worrying about cops, cameras, etc. If there is no need to speed, I don't do it. However if I am running late for something I do speed, and that is where I take a risk.

There is no defense for speeding
Ok

however sometimes it is necessary to speed. However that is the risk you personally take
So wait... there IS a defence?

My theory is that if you don't speed, there is less stress on you as a driver as you are not worrying about cops, cameras, etc.
Ok

If there is no need to speed, I don't do it. However if I am running late for something I do speed, and that is where I take a risk.
Ahh... so you put extra stress (your theory) on yourself on purpose and risk everyone elses life because you're late?

In summary, you have taught me the following:
There is no defence, unless you have a defence
Don't speed, but speed if you need to
Locky likes men

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Something tells me he won't argue the last line :lol:

Dave Q

Coach
If your partner is having a heart attack, you might get off speeding if you were taking them off to the hospital.

But if you want to save your partner's life, it might be better to ring 000 for immediate instructions and when the ambulance arrives the highly skilled ambo's can do the rest.

Yeah you got off a speeding fine, not the best boast at the wake.

Speeding drivers are mostly fugwits. We should be allowed to pull the worst of them over and belt them senseless, but thats illegal too.

ozbash

Referee
Speeding drivers are mostly fugwits. We should be allowed to pull the worst of them over and belt them senseless, but thats illegal too.

true mate, but its only illegal if you get caught...

_Johnsy

Referee
[furrycat] said:
In NSW its against regulations to have stationery speed cameras and red light cameras without adequate warning signs

Same in qld, however the distance from the stationary vehicle makes it easier to have the sign close enough that you are pinged before you see the sign.

eels_fan_01

Bench
Everyone has gone faster than the speed limit in their life, their is a limit but seriously you cant honestly say their is no excuse for speeding if you have done it. Its bullsh*t if you say you havent.

_Johnsy

Referee
I am waiting for locky to say getting home for idol is an ok excuse for speeding. :lol:

ozbash

Referee
eels_fan_01 said:
Everyone has gone faster than the speed limit in their life, their is a limit but seriously you cant honestly say their is no excuse for speeding if you have done it. Its bullsh*t if you say you havent.

you're probably dead right, but thats not justification for putting your foot down.

the speed limits are there for a reason.

Timmah

Staff member
eels_fan_01 said:

Practice and theory are two entirely different things. Yes, most people would've gone anywhere up to 5 or 10kph over in their life, and in a lot of cases that wouldn't be deliberate. I would agree with the theory that many drivers have never willingly travelled at more than 5k's over the limit at any time. It's quite plausible.

My problem is my impatience with drivers who consistently disrupt traffic by driving at 10 or more k's UNDER the limit :x

Timmah

Staff member
It should be an offence for anything 10 or more underneath the limit IMO :cool:

TooheysNew

Coach
Why? If an old lady is only comfortable driving at 80 in a 100 zone i'm happy for her to do so.

Patience is a virtue.