What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Speeding question

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Willow said:
Presumably because I pointed it out to you.

:lol: Yes Willow, you're everyone's saviour.

You made exceptions to rules after I made a generalisation. That's obvious. Regardless, you clearly selective quoted because you responded to a point in half, where the first half of my response said what your retort did (car issues/mechanical).

:clap:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Timmah said:
Some great selective quoting there Willow.
Not at all. I quoted the relevant section so as to repond to your post. The rest of your post was in response to my earlier post.

The subject matter is important enough, so try not to sook about it.

Essentially (and I repeat), if you aren't comfortable with other drivers using the road, then hand in your licence.

Timmah

Staff member
:lol: Your moral high ground is hilarious. It's easy to see you've entirely missed the point on the back of the generalisation I originally made.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Timmah said:
:lol: Your moral high ground is hilarious.
If that's makes you feel better, then I can live with that.

I take road safety quite seriously Tim. I suspect you've got your heart in the right place but just lack a bit of commonsense.
Timmah said:
It's easy to see you've entirely missed the point on the back of the generalisation I originally made.
Whatever. I don't think generalisations work that well here. You've probably had a few close shaves but don't like to admit it - I suspect its sometimes easier to pull out the bravado.

Nevertheless the smart ones take notes. You made it this far so I'm sure you'll be fine.

Timmah

Staff member
I prefer to not have close shaves, I like to keep back from the person in front and generally check that extra time at every intersection to avoid an accident. I had the unpleasant experience of being passenger in two accidents a few years ago and don't wish to relive that. It's not about bravado but also a concern for safety. If you cannot see that slow-travelling drivers can potentially cause trouble also then more fool you.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I don't need to be told about slow drivers. But they are not creating a menace in the same way as tail-gaters and lead foots... drivers who speed through traffic and roundabouts etc. IMO, they have no idea but I give them a wide berth.

Again, you share the road with other drivers.

Timmah

Staff member
I can see that, and I'm not saying they're as dangerous - just saying they're there, they're frustrating and in some cases can be somewhat dangerous. :)

TFS85

Juniors
MC DUI said:
I have no major problem with people driving under the limit that is their choice.

What gives me the sh*ts is when they drive under the limit then when you get to dual-lanes you go to overtake them, they speed up to match your speed preventing you from overtaking, then when the dual-lanes end they go back to doing under the limit!

Assholes.

Yep gives me the sh*ts too.

[furrycat]

Coach
Lol @ slower drivers being dangerous. Please give me a few situations where this may be the case (where it isn't impeding traffic thanks)

Wake up to yourself Tim, or get off the road. If you cant be patient, then you shouldn't be driving.

Timmah

Staff member
There have been several examples in this thread already. Wake up to yourself and don't be such a self-righteous twat.

[furrycat]

Coach
Timmah said:
There have been several examples in this thread already. Wake up to yourself and don't be such a self-righteous twat.

Nah. I'd rather not :)

But please, show me these countless examples that actually show how a slow driver could be dangerous to everyone else on the road. Please. I'm no good at using forums you see Mr Orificer.

Timmah

Staff member
At least my insults are tied to the argument... pathetic.

Don't you love the drivers who poke along at 80k in a 100 zone with a line of traffic banked up behind them and when they come to an overtaking lane they accelerate and you can't get past. Once back into single lane they revert to 80k again. Very frustrating.

What gives me the sh*ts is when they drive under the limit then when you get to dual-lanes you go to overtake them, they speed up to match your speed preventing you from overtaking, then when the dual-lanes end they go back to doing under the limit!

Assholes.

You wanted them. Perhaps you do need those lessons on how to use forums ;-)

Orificer :lol: Great one.

Razor

Coach

Slow drivers aren't dangerous. People who don't like slow drivers might be dangerous by using stupid tactics to get passed them or inflicting their rage on them. But that isn't the slow driver that is causing the danger, it's the other driver.

Timmah

Staff member
The situations listed above are perfect examples of how a slow driver can be dangerous, AND how the slow driver is at fault.

Timmah

Staff member
Oh the fountains of knowledge are certainly spurting today. What they're spurting is the question ;-)

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Willow said:
Of course, sometimes cops are not doing the right thing. For example I've seen a police car double parked in the main street while they were picking up some takeaway food. But its all fairly minor stuff.
I think the police are now (NSW) about as clean as they ever will be imo. They would be horrified to hear some of the things theirs ancestors used to get away with in the 'good old days'. The days of cash, bash and gash.