What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sponsor

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
There's no conspiracy.

Just a game being rorted by a TV network as a consequence of a shit situation.

BS on the week to week with Blades though. Dunno whats going on there.

Madsharkie

First Grade
yeah you think they'd make exceptions with struggling clubs. Any advertising surely has to be good for the club and the game.
Unless the NRL want to make it hard for certain teams... say to help with any relocation plans they may or may not have. Damn conspiracy lol

seems od dthey wouldnt allow us to do it given the bulldogs starwars promotion last year. avarat the year before...cindarella man...

exactly what is the difference?

KiamaSaint

Coach
There is an old saying, "It is easier to beg for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission". Then again, I am not the one who would be paying the fine.

Quigs

Immortal
Our new sponsor was going to be the Sylvania Waters Post Office. It was signed and sealed .... for over three years on a big contract / sponsorship.

But the deal was shot to pieces when local resident Nolene Donahue found a Glock in her Box.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Just read in the SMH that Sharks haven't signed a major sponsor and expecting to sign it soon (slightly different to announcing in 48 hours).

This tells me we are in the exact same position that we were in the last five times Irvine said we would be signing a sponsor in the next couple of days.

Of course. Irvine is full of it. Always has been and always will be. Mr Transparency

runatme

Bench
didnt the dirty dogs announce there sponsor on there few years back? when the toxic gnome was on

could be "the right time"

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Meanwhile, the Sharks are only 48 hours away from announcing a major sponsor that should be on the front of their jerseys in time for Monday night's crucial game against Manly at Shark Park.
The club had to overcome issues with the NRL which forced them to play in a clean strip against the Knights on Sunday.
"I didn't want to go blank on the weekend and Blades were happy to take the sponsorship each week until we got a major finalised," Irvine said.
"They took the jersey for the Leichhardt game but the NRL then said it could only be a one-off."
LINK

Windy70

Juniors
That's disgraceful from the NRL.

I simply cannot understand that call. Apart from the conspiracy theories, under what rules, regulations, codes or ancient scroll scribbles gives the NRL the right to dictate to a struggling club and deny even a week of sponsorship?

I think Frenzy or someone mentioned changing the jersey too often or something, but we had Blades on for the tigers game so should of been no issue for the last game because it is the same name.

I would love to see some official explanation from either the club or better yet the NRL.

Feej

First Grade
Can I raise a practical question at this point? Are we gonna do "Stonehenge" tomorrow?

Frenzy.

Post Whore
How does this look bad?

I like it without the crap all over it (except the incomplete hoops)

531380-cronulla-sharks.jpg