What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Squad succession

Ol rugby league fan back on the Mahoney hate band wagon. f**k up idiot, no one agrees with you. Mahoney left qld when he was 16. When juniors didn’t mean squat, you’ll get it right one day

Your a f**king tool you dickhead. Were all entitled to our own opinions. I just dont think he is as good as your making out.
He wouldnt be playing Nrl this year at any other club. Fact.
Only our club since we were dead last.
There is no hate towards anyone or anything, I just dont see how my opinion offends you so much nor do i give a shit.
Will have this convo in a few years and we will see where the kid is then.
I hope the kid proves me wrong. I love his enthusiasm and defence.
But because i dont conform to your beliefs im not entitled to air mine.?

If you dont like what people say dont read the forums. Im not hear to appease anyone and i dont give 2 shits what you or anyone else says to me or about me.

Just because i dont agree with you, No need to be a complete wanker.
Come say hi sometime.

Last edited:

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Huge prediction from Joshuatheeel
As Mahoney is not even the starting hooker for Qld u20s as Harry Grant is in front of him in 2018 and Harry was starting hooker in 2017 also and previous to that was Jake Turpin

Haven’t seen Grant play however he has the 2 smiths in front of him at the storm, so it’s probably not until 2020 before there’s even an NRL spot (assuming smith retires) for him down there.

And I think Brandon Smith has signed a 5 year deal so he must be highly rated so grant may struggle to get a starting spot unless he leaves, so even if he is talented it’s probably not until 2021 that he even has a full NRL season under him. By then Mahoney will probably have played 50 nrl games, thus the reason I see a good chance for Mahoney and my prediction.

Haven’t seen Grant play however he has the 2 smiths in front of him at the storm, so it’s probably not until 2020 before there’s even an NRL spot (assuming smith retires) for him down there.

And I think Brandon Smith has signed a 5 year deal so he must be highly rated so grant may struggle to get a starting spot unless he leaves, so even if he is talented it’s probably not until 2021 that he even has a full NRL season under him. By then Mahoney will probably have played 50 nrl games, thus the reason I see a good chance for Mahoney and my prediction.

Fair call, & i can see exactly where your coming from. With both Cam & Brendan Smith in front of him opportunities wont present themselves until cam maybe retires. That's if he hangs around long enough.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
You serious OA..? Reed wouldnt of even got a start at any other club this year. Fact. The fact Parra were running dead last along with injuries allowed us to blood him.
Turpin and Grant are both quality hookers in great teams behind fantastic hookers ion Cam Smith and Andrew McCullough.
Both are regarded as better propositions than Reed.
Not denying the fact he played well. But he did so coming of the bench in a roll he is familiar with doing that in our 20s system. Reed's game is off the cuff and comming off the bench allowed him to do that in the origin game.

Reed Mahoney has an opportunity along with the others to be a Qld hooker but i highly doubt it.

That’s my point, I don’t know if Mahoney will be good enough for QLD, but he showed enough this year that he is probably going to be a quality NRL player and by the time those players are even ready for a full time NRL spot Mahoney is probably a 50-60 game NRL veteran and most of QLD hooker options will be 30 plus years old and they are probably looking for other options. Gee even this year they had no real options.

Anyhow just a fun prediction.

strider

Post Whore
Im not sure brandon smith is a long term dummy half option ... he can play there and does a good job ... but i reckon thats more a versatile handy backup for cam #466758593

Once cam # 4526272895 is gone i wouldnt be surprised to see brandon play # 13

That’s my point, I don’t know if Mahoney will be good enough for QLD, but he showed enough this year that he is probably going to be a quality NRL player and by the time those players are even ready for a full time NRL spot Mahoney is probably a 50-60 game NRL veteran and most of QLD hooker options will be 30 plus years old and they are probably looking for other options. Gee even this year they had no real options.

Anyhow just a fun prediction.

You know what what. I might have my opinion.
But
After reading this i cant disagree with you, You put i great point forward.
Not everyone agrees with things we say but there is a way to put across your opinion or facts to back up your arguement. Like i said after reading your post i dont disagree with a word you said

Im not sure brandon smith is a long term dummy half option ... he can play there and does a good job ... but i reckon thats more a versatile handy backup for cam #466758593

Once cam # 4526272895 is gone i wouldnt be surprised to see brandon play # 13

His a little bull terrier Brendan is. Great running game work a great work ethic.
Tough bugger.
Yeah he might end up as a 13 long term.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
That's a fair statement but Reed spent most of his juniors in Qld & still wasn't picked. Selectors all have there opinions as to what players they want in there squads. Personally i'm a fan of Mahoney but i think he is suited to a rotation position like Mitch Rein does with Peats.
That's only my opinion.
Time will tell

Its great to give Mahoney credit for what he did in the 20s origin. But the starting hooker paved the way for Mahoney to reep the rewards as do all starting hookers in the game,

Not really a Broncos junior when his contracted clubs have been the dogs and Parra.

Not all starting hookers pave the way. Look at our 2nd cowboys game. Whilst King was on the field we were down 34-0, when Mahoney came on it was 12-6. Probably a poor example. I still think we looked a lot better when Mahoney was on the field than when he wasn't. And what he's done in his 9 games in first grade carries a lot more weight with me than what Turpin and Grant did in the 20's.

Dibs

Bench
Also the qrl favours broncos players in junior rep teams as they basically run the show up there. So I'm not putting any weight into who is picked ahead of who when it comes to those teams.
Wasn’t Justin Hodges the coach? Probably never seen Reed play before the match

theinsideman

Juniors
01 Jarryd Hayne
02 Bevan French
04 Clint Gutherson
03 Michael Jennings
05 Blake Ferguson
07 Corey Norman
06 Mitch Moses
08 Junior Paulo
09 Reed Mahoney
10 Tepai Moeroa
11 Manu Ma’u
12 Shaun Lane
13 Nathan Brown

14 Will Smith
15 Peni Terepo
16 Daniel Alvaro
17 Brad Takairangi

Gronk

Staff member
01 Jarryd Hayne
02 Bevan French
04 Clint Gutherson
03 Michael Jennings
05 Blake Ferguson
07 Corey Norman
06 Mitch Moses
08 Junior Paulo
09 Reed Mahoney
10 Tepai Moeroa
11 Manu Ma’u
12 Shaun Lane
13 Nathan Brown

14 Will Smith
15 Peni Terepo
16 Daniel Alvaro
17 Brad Takairangi
No way Will Smith and Taka will see NRL time unless we have massive injuries.

Bev needs to get on the angry pills. Otherwise Gennings or anyone really is ahead of him.

Timmy will be there.

Tep is not a prop.

Eelementary

Post Whore

Brandon Smith is a gun, tbh.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
No way Will Smith and Taka will see NRL time unless we have massive injuries.

Bev needs to get on the angry pills. Otherwise Gennings or anyone really is ahead of him.

Timmy will be there.

Tep is not a prop.
With Paulo on the field we don't need two props. In fact with Paulo on the field we need two workers ('locks') like Moeroa, Mannah, Alvaro or Brown.

Latest posts