What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Starting 17 for 2012 ?

innsaneink

Referee
Agree Reddy is killing it in pre season training so is Tedesco Miller Moltzen and Ryan.

Ayshford running last.

Running last in what regard? A marathon?
Training is a competition now?

Do you go sit and watch them train all week every week....or are all your comments based on a 30 minute squiz?

alien

Referee
1. Brown
2. Ryan (right)
3. Ayshford (right)
4. Lawrence (left)
5. Tuqiri (left)
6. Marshall (vc)
7. Moltzen
8. Blair
9. Farah (c)
10. Galloway
11. Ellis (left)
12. Fulton (right)
13. Heighington

14. Reddy
15. Murdoch
16. Woods
17. Bell

Last edited:

super_coach

First Grade
God I hope not! Moltzen is our best number 7 and we have a few decent options at fullback!

No way, Moltzen has a poor kicking game, is not a organizer, although he has a fair passing game he often is guilty of not using it.

On the other hand as shown at the back end of last season, he has a very good running game, can sniff out a break and has come on leaps and bounds under the high ball. His defense is still his weak suit but it is not such an issue at no1 as if he was in the line as no7.

Confidence is a big thing and if he can bounce back from all his contract issues he could be a standout no1 in 2012, where as a no7, I dont think he has the skills required to be a great no7.

Barring injury he will be the no1 come round one

Vic Mackey

Referee
ive said it a million times, sheens didnt keep moltzen because we were getting rid of lui. sheens has stated that he views moltzen as a fullback and we all know that when sheens decides something, he NEVER changes his mind (morris at half, bronson at prop, fitzhenry in first grade etc). he also showed his hand against the bulldogs midway through the year when benji was injured and he started miller and lui in the halves and moltzen on the bench. considering that moltzen actually finely showed some sort of form at 1 late in the year sheens would never move him. i actually think dane chisholm was signed as a replacement for lui, more for insurance then anything

miller is highly rated and from what i hear a very, very good trainer. ill be shocked if come round 1 we dont see bubbles formation.

ideally i would like brown at the back and then let moltz and miller fight out for the 7, but brown obviously isnt in the 'cool group'

super_coach

First Grade
I would like to see Humble given a crack but really it will be Millers gig unless he stuffs up big time

Vicious

Bench
I would like to see Humble given a crack but really it will be Millers gig unless he stuffs up big time

Moltzen is much more a halfback than Humble, that`s for sure and certain.
In saying that we have recruited 2 brilliant ball runners in Humble and Chisolm.

trigger_tiger

Juniors
ive said it a million times, sheens didnt keep moltzen because we were getting rid of lui. sheens has stated that he views moltzen as a fullback and we all know that when sheens decides something, he NEVER changes his mind (morris at half, bronson at prop, fitzhenry in first grade etc). he also showed his hand against the bulldogs midway through the year when benji was injured and he started miller and lui in the halves and moltzen on the bench. considering that moltzen actually finely showed some sort of form at 1 late in the year sheens would never move him. i actually think dane chisholm was signed as a replacement for lui, more for insurance then anything

miller is highly rated and from what i hear a very, very good trainer. ill be shocked if come round 1 we dont see bubbles formation.

ideally i would like brown at the back and then let moltz and miller fight out for the 7, but brown obviously isnt in the 'cool group'

I agree.

I don't know what Sheens doesn't see in him but he is a very reliable player, something our side will only benefit having. Hopefully he has a strong off season and Sheens finally rewards him.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Moltzen is much more a halfback than Humble, that`s for sure and certain.
In saying that we have recruited 2 brilliant ball runners in Humble and Chisolm.

when humble signed with parra in 2009 there were 7 or 8 nrl clubs chasing him. he was an extremely talented junior. from reading the parra forum he had a falling out with kearney in the pre seaon this year and was never sighted in first grade. if he can live up to his potential he is a definite first grader

Tigers Tale

Juniors
It will be interesting to see if Moltzen continues with the form he finished last year with, if he does I think he will be Sheens choice at fullback.

The club actually has problems of the best kind and that is, dare I say it, too many options in some positions. Had Moltzen left the club I think Reddy and Brown would probably be fighting for fullback which I don't see as too bad with either one. Both are pretty steady without being spectacular. With halfback it would be Miller, Chisolm or Humble fighting it out and again I don't mind those options as whoever gets the gig will certainly be feeling pressure to perform.

As it is every year it is going to come down to Sheens and his choices and as much as I hate to say it his damn pride. If he makes a choice in a position he doesn't like to be proven wrong, he tends to keep people in the team too long if they are playing like s@#$. This is where Moltzen may prove to be a concern if his form is bad. Had he left the club (I'm not necessarily supporting this) it would have meant a definite change to either half or fullback.

With this wealth of talent someone will stand up and frankly I don't care who just so long as someone does. Can't wait for this year as I am confident we will be a genuine threat if team selections are sensible....

R2Coupe

Juniors
The achilles heel is pace on the wings. Benji needs runners who have the pace to take advantage of his passing game and ability to make breaks.

New young players also need to be promoted into the squad and Chisholm, Miller, Fotouika, Tedesco and the young Fijian winger hopefully will be promoted over some of the older players. I am sure Sheens realises this and it will be interesting to see how the change is managed.

macnaz

Staff member
It will be interesting to see if Moltzen continues with the form he finished last year with, if he does I think he will be Sheens choice at fullback.

The club actually has problems of the best kind and that is, dare I say it, too many options in some positions. Had Moltzen left the club I think Reddy and Brown would probably be fighting for fullback which I don't see as too bad with either one. Both are pretty steady without being spectacular. With halfback it would be Miller, Chisolm or Humble fighting it out and again I don't mind those options as whoever gets the gig will certainly be feeling pressure to perform.

As it is every year it is going to come down to Sheens and his choices and as much as I hate to say it his damn pride. If he makes a choice in a position he doesn't like to be proven wrong, he tends to keep people in the team too long if they are playing like s@#$. This is where Moltzen may prove to be a concern if his form is bad. Had he left the club (I'm not necessarily supporting this) it would have meant a definite change to either half or fullback.

With this wealth of talent someone will stand up and frankly I don't care who just so long as someone does. Can't wait for this year as I am confident we will be a genuine threat if team selections are sensible....
I agree 100%.

macnaz

Staff member

I agree 100%.

TrigaTheTiger

Juniors
Like every year most of the team picks itself for next year -

This would be pretty much a given I imagine:

3 Ayshford
4 Lawrence
5 Tiquiri
6 Marshall
8 Galloway
9 Farah
11 Blair
12 Ellis
13 Heighington

It will be interesting to see who fills in the other spots.

Vic Mackey

Referee
1. Moltzen
2. Ryan
7 Miller
10. Blair (b/row after i'change)

yeah i think woods will start then fulton will come on pushing blair up, the rest is pretty set

bench maybe a few spots with groat, bell, murdoch-masila, moors, fotuaika after 2 spots and humble, reddy, brown, utai and chisolm after the back spot

Latest posts