What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Starting 17 for 2012 ?

N.C.

Juniors
Sheens will find a spot in the backline for Utai, no question about it...

N.C.

Juniors
Unless Lawrence or Ayshford pull up lame, watch out for him in the #7 or the #1...

Tigers Tale

Juniors
I appreciate what Utai did for us last year however things have progressed. This year there is more talent available and with enough experience to put into the top team. I hope for the team sake he is not used unless there is a string of injuries.

I have been saying for some time teams (especially the Broncos) will go with youth over age every time and then these kids develop nicely. You can't keep going backwards to prop up a position, it must always be a positive choice. There is enough young kids who can play wing in this club.

As I say, Utai did a very good job when we needed him but ask yourself do we still need him. Is he tall, is he fast, is he a liability or is he better than Brown or some of the other flyers waiting their turn?

He is a backup at best I think...

R2Coupe

Juniors
One area of improvement could be the interchange. Having workers on the bench won't win you the big games. Players such as Murdoch=Masila, Fotuaika and possibly Vela must come into contention. The loss of Dwyer opens up a spot for a wide running forward. Murdoch=Masila when fit is devastating and Fotuaika is a try scoring forward. Vela also is a big running forward who has the ability to score tries. The possibility of one or more of these forwards in the team is pleasing.

The Gambler

Juniors
Apparently current training patterns suggest that Moltzen is pencilled in for the 7 and Humble is the 1.

The Rosco

Bench
What's the go with Humble ? . . . how does he shape up in terms of height, speed etc ?
If he turns out to be a good player, we might have to change his name to "Tom Arrogant", or something a bit more aggro than " Humble" :D

Tigers Tale

Juniors
A couple of mates of mine who are Eels supporters were pi##ed Humble didn't get a chance at Parra. They have all said we will see the best of Humbles attack with the Tigers. Like most he is a confidence player but they all say he is a real gun (and can kick goals) so lets hope they are right...

Juniors
A couple of mates of mine who are Eels supporters were pi##ed Humble didn't get a chance at Parra. They have all said we will see the best of Humbles attack with the Tigers. Like most he is a confidence player but they all say he is a real gun (and can kick goals) so lets hope they are right...

He filled on for Hayen at one stage and on debut looked an excellent prospect. Your right about the eels supporters, my mate is a sponsor and he was far from happy about him leaving.

He's not a big boy but given the chance I'm very confident he can secure the fullback position. Having said that I felt the same way about Brown but Shitty Sheens never gave him the chance so who knows.

Big Mick

Referee
Guys doing my season preview and wanted to confirm if you thought this was most likely line-up?

1. Tim Moltzen
2. Joel Reddy
3. Blake Ayshford
4. Chris Lawrence
5. Lote Tuqiri
6. Benji Marshall
7. Jacob Miller
8. Keith Galloway
9. Robbie Farah
10. Aaron Woods
11. Adam Blair
12. Gareth Ellis
13. Chris Heighington

RES:
14. Matt Groat
15. Ben Murdoch-Masila
16. Matt Bell
17. Liam Fulton

Fordy20

Juniors
Can't see Reddy forcing out Ryan. There are question marks over 1 and 7, but the rest looks about right to me.

super_coach

First Grade
Guys doing my season preview and wanted to confirm if you thought this was most likely line-up?

1. Tim Moltzen
2. Joel Reddy
3. Blake Ayshford
4. Chris Lawrence
5. Lote Tuqiri
6. Benji Marshall
7. Jacob Miller
8. Keith Galloway
9. Robbie Farah
10. Aaron Woods
11. Adam Blair
12. Gareth Ellis
13. Chris Heighington

RES:
14. Matt Groat
15. Ben Murdoch-Masila
16. Matt Bell
17. Liam Fulton

From what iam hearing Moltzen will be the no7 come round one and no1 is anyones guess

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Talk in another thread suggests Tedesco will be fullback, Moltzen at 7

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Would love to see Reddy on the wing instead of Ryan, but can't see Sheens doing it.

IMO Reddy will be the new 5 min bench man.

BTW, Big Mick's bench is what I would LOVE to see, but no chance with Sheens.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gee, imagine 3 props and a versatile back rower who can cover lock, hooker, centre and five-eighth all on the bench.

pipe dreams

lingard

Coach
Lately we have signed (and re-signed) a few players capable of playing half. I am guessing Moltzen will be first chance but whether he is the best half we have is questionable at best. We continually get utility players on the books (Chisolm, Humble & Moltzen) who can capably play half but are not genuine number 7's.

What are peoples thoughts on who should get the gig for 2012? I am interested in knowing what you think as I have a few mates that think Chisolm should be given first crack.

Marshall halfback; Humble five-eight and goal-kicker. No brainer.

lingard

Coach
You will eat a big serve of humble pie,Reddy carried grothe in defence for years,he can catch and runs hard,would be an ideal 1 for us until Tedesco is dare I say ready.
Reddy is a genuine 1st grader,he will be very handy next season.

Couldn`t agree more. I wish we still had Reddy.

Latest posts