What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

State of Origin 2K19 Discussion

Fangs

Coach
I think we’re going to miss Maloney a lot more than we all think if he’s gone next year, Luai or Cleary can’t run our side.

I think Luai would make an excellent 7 if given the chance.

Speaking of game management, when was the last time Nathan Cleary put a ball over the touch line for a scrum? I honestly can't remember.

Flashstep

Juniors

Speaking of game management, when was the last time Nathan Cleary put a ball over the touch line for a scrum? I honestly can't remember.

Hope you’re right about Luai, as for Cleary I agree with you, can’t remember the last time he kicked a ball out for touch, his long kicking game is dreadful, it’s just midfield bomb every time. Another reason I don’t think he should be a 7

Dave's mate

Juniors
This crap about "Mid field bombs" is very silly. You can disagree with the tactic of high deep kicks but at least understand what is happening

Fangs

Coach
Latrell was a passenger. When the ball went to him in the first half he had space and time and was hestitant and looked for passes that went nowhere. The left side lost us the game.

Just thought he had more legs in him. He was fresh after 10 minutes off the field and with the game on the line he was the man for NSW. Cook took responsibility and looked as though he didn't trust his halves. Seldom got the ball out to the left.

betcats

Referee
They just to have get someone better in for crichton and get the middle rotation right and should be ok. Keary would’ve been great out there.

Fangs

Coach
They just to have get someone better in for crichton and get the middle rotation right and should be ok. Keary would’ve been great out there.

Keary plays and no one would be talking about Cleary right now. Except reporters wanting a cute news headline. 'Keary Sees Cleary Now'.

Even Maloney. Just someone to show leadership and guide the team.

franklin2323

Immortal
Latrell was a passenger. When the ball went to him in the first half he had space and time and was hestitant and looked for passes that went nowhere. The left side lost us the game.

Agree. I think the right side was picked to solid and handle Ponga/Munster. They did their job the left and bench on the otherhand

franklin2323

Immortal

That is my biggest criticism of him. He will never have the vision but never finds space when he kicks

OldPanther

Coach
That is my biggest criticism of him. He will never have the vision but never finds space when he kicks

He did when he first came in and a few times since. So why is it not more frequent?

Also last night he got screwed because Walker was completely invisible and the forward rotation sucked.

franklin2323

Immortal
He did when he first came in and a few times since. So why is it not more frequent?

Also last night he got screwed because Walker was completely invisible and the forward rotation sucked.

That is the $5m question...Or gamble we took

I am not blaming him for last night. Like I said he did what he was picked for, Kept that left side quiet.

age.s

First Grade
Agree. I think the right side was picked to solid and handle Ponga/Munster. They did their job the left and bench on the otherhand

I'd say they did their job and then some. Morris' try was a great bit of work and Cotric did some good meters against a rushing QLD defence.

franklin2323

Immortal
I'd say they did their job and then some. Morris' try was a great bit of work and Cotric did some good meters against a rushing QLD defence.

Depends what they wanted from Cleary really but on the surface they did their job

I think there’s a lot of panthers fans in denial about Cleary’s limitations.

The guy is being paid big bucks, it’s not enough just to try hard, he needs to be creating points, he needs to be kicking 40/20’s.

Dave's mate

Juniors
I think there’s a lot of panthers fans in denial about Cleary’s limitations.

The guy is being paid big bucks, it’s not enough just to try hard, he needs to be creating points, he needs to be kicking 40/20’s.
And then theirs people going way over the top with the limitations of a 22 year old

And then theirs people going way over the top with the limitations of a 22 year old

He’s playing State of Origin and he has 70 FG games under his belt. Experience is more relevant than age.

If you haven’t worked out your attacking game after 75 games of high level footy, when will you? Come on, this is denial.

Latest posts