What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

State of origin series

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Whys he a dickhead??

Cause he is different.... cause he carries a speaker around and doesn't fit the mould of what you think a nrl player should be lol.

Get a grip you flog.

Deadset an absolute role model for every Polynesian kid and all of mount druit rl players.

Is a fine young man with a family who does his bit for his community and panthers on the prowl.

Never ever once been in trouble..

He doesn't fit the mould of what you think is ok so he is a dickhead lol.

So many players out there involved in absolute bs stuff like coke and are just avg humans. Yet you call luai a dickhead cause he acts different to what you think is normal haha.

You're a goose
I'm talking about on the field. He's a grub but it's mostly towards the lower end of things.
Off field he seems like a chill dude

Girds89

Bench
I'm talking about on the field. He's a grub but it's mostly towards the lower end of things.
Off field he seems like a chill dude
When he done something grubby on the field??????

Jwh is a grub.

Morely was a grub.

Standing over dce in the play the ball is not being a grub lol.

Hitting blokes high and late or to injure is being a grub.

Just because he plays with spirit and emotion does not make him a grub lol.

If you think he's a grub there's deadset other players out there that must be mass murders in your eyes..

Luai is a character and that clearly doesn't fit into what you think is ok but that does not make him a grub hahah..

Deadset what's the world coming to

Chins get the wins

First Grade
When he done something grubby on the field??????

Jwh is a grub.

Morely was a grub.

Standing over dce in the play the ball is not being a grub lol.

Hitting blokes high and late or to injure is being a grub.

Just because he plays with spirit and emotion does not make him a grub lol.

If you think he's a grub there's deadset other players out there that must be mass murders in your eyes..

Luai is a character and that clearly doesn't fit into what you think is ok but that does not make him a grub hahah..

Deadset what's the world coming to
He purposely trod on a player on the ground. Not merkinster level booting people but it happened.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Soon this farce will be over for another year and we can focus on what matters, The Penrith Panthers. Blues lost last year and it didn’t hurt our club campaign in the end did it? No reason it needs to this year.

Gus 1000% won't do it. To old and just not in the interests if his career at this point in time.

I personally think his probably the best man for the job but he just won't do it.

Whilst matty has never coached I feel that's more due to his full time media responsibilities.

He's one of the smartest minds in the game.

He maybe wouldn't have his brothers passion bout I reckon the smarts to get it done.

What nsw need is just a complete rethink.

Freddie got it done earlier in his career playing to a certain style. But he hasn't adapted.

Nsw need a coach that can come up with a brand new game plan. Something not seen at nrl level. Something Billy can't plan for.

Billy himself said he watched qld players all year for there little moments. Things they do on and off the ball.... he watched every qld player all year incredibly closely and broke down the moments..

People think he wasn't also watching nsw players??? Finding out weaknesses...

He knew Freddie would pick cleary and that meant yeo and luai etc...

He knew the game plan and he picked it apart....

We need a coach that's not scared to make their own plans... be brave and revolutionise.

Like I've said sooo many times. I hope Ivan's been watching real close.

Penrith could learn a lot from nsw failings.

We either get ahead of the game or it'll pass us in a big moment.

We moved the game forward with how yeo plays but times have caught up.

I hope Ivan can make common sense changes.

They don't need to be radical at nrl as the defence and skill level isn't at origin standard bit we need ro adapt.
Yea I agree as a Coach Gus is too old, but he should be involved. Also other NSW passionate men like Willie Mason, Josh Reynolds, Danny Buderus etc should be around the players as motivators.

Kenny will be in the mix in two years time.

I’m not ready to throw Turbo on the heap yet; but he needs to be playing week-in, week-out at the Eagles to get a look in.

I’d move Yeo to prop to him and Murray into the same starting line-up.

I don’t really understand the Saab call; just a taller, less charismatic version of the Fox. Come to think of it, I’m not ready to call time on the Fox either; gotta be fit though.

NSW really needs to find a utility for the bench that can contribute without injury. Burton is about our best option at the moment, but you would only bring him on if someone went down injured. I know I am going to get shouted down, but maybe Brooks; I see him with potentially interesting half/hooker versatility; needs to be able to play in the centres though. Maybe Alamoti from the Dogs if we could get 10-15 minutes of good hooker from him. I know Tiny was a hooker coming through the grade. But I’m stretching because there isn’t an obvious candidate out there.

Overall though, a fair effort though Bossley!!
I was also thinking Kenny too. He is our version of Cotter and I think he is ready next year. He has that Origin about him. Asked me that 3 months ago and I would have laughed.

Girds89

Bench
He purposely trod on a player on the ground. Not merkinster level booting people but it happened.
One incident in 96 career games... well over a 100 if you include rep games..

There's players out there that do grubby shit every week lol.

Luai is a pest if anything.. he used his character and emotion to get under players skins but he does it fairly and all part of gamesmanship.

And he does it well. We've seen him many times get under Cody's skin and it's put him well off his game.

Luai most certainly isn't a grub or a dickhead.

betcats

Referee
I think pest describes his on field antics best. Definitely loves talking at and giving the opposition a little push here and there and getting in their faces. The type of bloke opposition fans dont like cause of that stuff. Think Munster or dare i say reece walsh this year, guys you love to hate.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Whys he a dickhead??

Cause he is different.... cause he carries a speaker around and doesn't fit the mould of what you think a nrl player should be lol.

Get a grip you flog.

Deadset an absolute role model for every Polynesian kid and all of mount druit rl players.

Is a fine young man with a family who does his bit for his community and panthers on the prowl.

Never ever once been in trouble..

He doesn't fit the mould of what you think is ok so he is a dickhead lol.

So many players out there involved in absolute bs stuff like coke and are just avg humans. Yet you call luai a dickhead cause he acts different to what you think is normal haha.

You're a goose
100% agree.

It outrages me.

If Latrell coped as much flack as Luai there would be universal outrage.

He cops multiple death threats, racism and makes one post in response, he gets labeled a Grub.

I’m so over it.

100% agree.

It outrages me.

He cops multiple death threats, racism and makes one post in response, he gets labeled a Grub.

I’m so over it.
If Jerome was a Queenslander, he would be tagged as a "Larrikin" (a la Munster).
But, as a lover of B&W photography if think the image captured of him sitting at the goal post tells a good story.

soc123_au

Staff member
100% agree.

It outrages me.

I’m so over it.
It's driven by the wankers on 360. To be fair he is a grub on field, but no different to plenty of other grubs that are given a pass or celebrated as a lariken etc. To his credit he seems to use it to his advantage, he is smart enough to know he is respected by those that matter. Even Walsh came out and gave him a wrap after their little run in.

Given all the focus on mental health and so on the media have a lot to answer for, on one hand Nicho for example gets his pole smoked at every opportunity because "adversity" yet they want to crucify Luai every chance they get. Both had pretty tough upbringings by all accounts. Latrell & Cody are similar to Luai on field and Latrell is also outspoken off it, both have had off field incidents as well, yet the media wants to suck them off too. No one wants to say it out loud, but it sucks to be the wrong shade of black I guess.

I will also say that I reckon Nicho comes across a genuine top bloke, and Latrell & Cody are great for the game and I hope they never change. They just need to back off a bit with the Luai hate, there are people out there that have come to a tragic end after copping far less bullying that he gets.

John Hamblin

Juniors
Papy will be lucky to make it back to the nrl.

A lot of his own updates don't exactly paint a positive picture.

Teddy has been a great servant of nsw make no mistake.

I'd hardly say he's past it.. but he's certainly not at the level he used to be.

No way Edwards can do what Walsh has done in attack. He's just not that kind of player.

What he brings is the biggest motor in the nrl.. you can vet your bottom dollar he'd put he's hand up for a carry when the rest of the team is out on their feet. You could guarantee he'd do everything in his power to be there to stop any try.. whether he has the attacking creativity needed to be a genuine gun at SOO level I don't know but I think he deserves a shot.

He's been the best fb the last 2 years. He's so so reliable and he simply just gets it done...

Does teddy deserve to go out in front of his nsw fans... no imo.

The future starts now.

Radical changes are needed.

I'd see if matty johns is available to coach. One of the smartest minds in the game I think.
His defence in both games has been1/10

Pomoz

Bench
If Kenny is ever in the mix for an Origin jersey we may as well hand the shield over to Queensland.
You think so? Kenny has more ticker in him than most of the pussy cat Blues. He isn't the most skilful player, but he is exactly the sort of player Qld loves. Heart, effort, toughness. We need more of those players in the Blues. We don't need any more "fancy Dans" so that Collins, Cotter and Carrigan can obliterate them and laugh at us.

Sime_11

Juniors
Origin is predominantly effort plays - QLD identified that early on and make it their mantra

Mitch Kenny would do his job in Origin - shut down the defence and effort effort effort

Girds89

Bench
You think so? Kenny has more ticker in him than most of the pussy cat Blues. He isn't the most skilful player, but he is exactly the sort of player Qld loves. Heart, effort, toughness. We need more of those players in the Blues. We don't need any more "fancy Dans" so that Collins, Cotter and Carrigan can obliterate them and laugh at us.

I thought Hudson young would've stepped up but he was pretty avg.

I really think we need to rethink the whole way the team plays.

Edwards
Too
Latrell
Campbell Graham
Critta
Luai
Moses
Murray
Cook
Haas
Martin
Kolomatangi
Yeo

Burton
Spencer
Tatola
Olokatatu

Play way more direct.. a speed and power game through the middle with forwards that all have much better leg speed than blokes like tpj or Paulo or Stefano.

Yeo to just be a runner and not a link man.

Leaving the playmaking to cook luai and Moses.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I thought Hudson young would've stepped up but he was pretty avg.

I really think we need to rethink the whole way the team plays.

Edwards
Too
Latrell
Campbell Graham
Critta
Luai
Moses
Murray
Cook
Haas
Martin
Kolomatangi
Yeo

Burton
Spencer
Tatola
Olokatatu

Play way more direct.. a speed and power game through the middle with forwards that all have much better leg speed than blokes like tpj or Paulo or Stefano.

Yeo to just be a runner and not a link man.

Leaving the playmaking to cook luai and Moses.
Yeo to prop. He and Murray to play 80