What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steve Mascord has a rant

Brutus

Referee
"Mascord hates all other sports and only loves rugby league"

Mentioned on the Roast today.

Last edited:

chigurh

Respect to Steve Mascord, have not come across that article previously but knew he was one of the very few good guys.

steavis

Juniors
Thanks for the good and bad comments - always interesting to know how you're perceived. I have no haircut plans at the moment. I don't hate all other sports - I just have no interest in any of them. I don't see why everyone in the media should be well groomed and tidy. Why shouldn't the media reflect wider society? There are smelly, hairy rockers in society so why not in the media? I don't get paid for that Channel Nine thing and I've never seen it. They come into my world, I'm not entering theirs'! Ha. Cheers guys.

Chook Norris

First Grade
Thanks for the good and bad comments - always interesting to know how you're perceived. I have no haircut plans at the moment. I don't hate all other sports - I just have no interest in any of them. I don't see why everyone in the media should be well groomed and tidy. Why shouldn't the media reflect wider society? There are smelly, hairy rockers in society so why not in the media? I don't get paid for that Channel Nine thing and I've never seen it. They come into my world, I'm not entering theirs'! Ha. Cheers guys.

is-this-real-life.jpg

Silent Knight

First Grade

I don't mean any offence by this but if you really are the Steve Mascord, give LU a shout out next time you're on air to prove it. Cheers!

docbrown

Coach

If you're really Mascord, I'll give you $5 if you bag out Channel 9's pathetic rugby league coverage and promotion on the show formerly known as the Roast.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
We ftr I reckon he is right.

Professional Sports bodies, manage the media to suit them, here the teams do what that want.

The media is a huge part of helping revenue, control it, ensure staff are fulfilling minimum standards.

f**k me, we still have cook raffle mentality.

Send the people blocking this to NHL, EPL, NFL HQs to see a professional profitable sports business.

Small business mentality.

bileduct

Coach
"Mascord hates all other sports and only loves rugby league"

Mentioned on the Roast today.
Is that supposed to be a bad thing?

I can't see why someone would necessarily "hate" all other sports, but I can see why they wouldn't be interested in them. When it comes to watching other sports I cannot find the excitement that comes from watching a great game of rugby league. Maybe with the exception of that World Cup game between Australia and South Africa that ended in a tie where I f**kin' lost my shit. But other than that I just don't get that same edge of your seat, heart in your throat feeling, and having the game either completely make or f**k up the next whole week.

Hooch

Juniors
As long as you're taking feedback Steve, you might want to consider shaving that thing off your lower lip.

But other than that keep up the good work.

Loudstrat

Coach
Steve Mascord ‏@therealsteavis Thanks to the dude on league unlimited who defended me by saying short hair doesn't = good person and posted a picture of Hitler. Touching.

We all know that if Hitler had long hair like Ronnie James Dio he would have sent flowers to Warsaw instead of bombers and tanks. Anyway, anytime you need a hand to defend good from evil, you know where to find me.

BTW you article from 2001 was the best League article this century. Well done champ!

I think we all agree that Steve Mascord is about the only genuine rugby league journo out there that does not use the game to promote grubby agendas and petty feuds BUT with the way the players, clubs, coaches etc... Have been abused by journalists in print and TV media how can you blame them for snubbing the media? We all know who and what I'm talking about.

Journalism as a whole in Australia is just gutter trash. I'd love for the Roosters to straight up ban talking to telegraph journos