What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steve Simpson Get Out Clause Activated

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
I'd be happy if Simpson signed with us, but you'd think he'd command alot of interest and I wouldn't want the club to pay overs for him, though we may have to since he can play front row and there aren't many props on the market.

The club should look to England's young players to help recruitment. James Graham would have been one of my priority signings until he starred in the test, now he's probably worth too much but he'd still be a fantastic signing. Darrell Goulding also, he's a centre from Wigan who is off contract, he's got alot of class already and he's the same age as Jarryd Hayne. I'd like to see him come over because he is going to be a star.

bartman

Immortal
James Graham will stay in the UK for a few years yet if he knows what's good for him. Outstanding young prospect that will cement his place at test level and then consider testing the NRL, if he's so inclined.

I'd be happy to see Simpson in our squad partnering Hindy.

I'd be happy for Joe Williams to join the club too, because I feel we are short in the halves and can't rely on a pairing of Tim Smith and Blake Green alone to bring us the bacon. Joe and Tim can compete for who gets top billing - who knows, maybe the healthy competition will bring out the best in both?

James_Hardie

Juniors
parra pete said:
Joe Williams CAN play..He just needs more discipline in his game. I rate him. I have seen him come up through the ranks in Riverina, through to the Roosters and now with Souths...He has not fulfilled his potential..It is waiting to be tapped..He has that X factor. Just needs someone to get it out of him.
He has a good kicking game, will take the line on and can tackle...

I was believing it right up to the last two words. He is a worse defender than Ben Walker, and that is a pretty hard thing to be. I agree he may have that untapped potential waiting to get out, if we pick him up from the scrap heap fine, but in that first week post june 30, our focus should be on other players.

Stagger eel

Staff member
filthy_spammers said:
I've been quietly tipping Joe Williams as well. People have to remember that we have to sign backup players as well. Just because we bring a player to the club doesn't mean we expect him to be in the first 17, you have to cover your top players and I think Williams would be good cover for Timmy, assuming Jeremy Smith goes elsewhere.

These boom youngsters have a habit of making good eventually. Scott Prince was dubbed a nuffy at Brisbane, Johnathon Thurston was not rated at the Bulldogs. A change of scene, a new coaching staff can often do wonder for talented but unfulfilled potential.

there were 2 players coming through the Canterbury ranks at the same time who were rated 2 of the best prospects in the clubs history, one of them was SBW guess who the other was???

Stagger eel

Staff member
btw, Steve Simpson will be staying at Newcastle as expected, he'll sign an extension of his contract before Wednesday.

Source: SMH.

Utey

Coach
eelavation said:
btw, Steve Simpson will be staying at Newcastle as expected, he'll sign an extension of his contract before Wednesday.

Source: SMH.

hmphhh:(