What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steven Clark is a f*in disgrace

broncos70

Juniors
im a broncos fan, and thought last weeks decisions against us were disgraceful..but tonight was absolutely shocking..what a joke..if jamie lyons try off his stomach wasnt a joke of a decision, then this definitely is..hate both teams but i wanted to see the dogs win last minute

also..could the dogs appeal the decision of the ref if robert finch comes out and says they screwed up? seeing as though it was 20 seconds to go, the result would've been final so why cant the dogs appeal for that decision to be overturned and the whole match to be overturned..i know its unlikely..but is it possible for them to do that?

ByRd

First Grade
nah you cant appeal it, i still cant get over it or believe it, arghhhhh i cant believe how you can possibly make that call

mattyg

Bench
i might be biased but everyone in my fanily (2 x dogs, 1 x manly, 1 x parra and 1 x souths) thought the call was f**ked....i nearly broke into tears after it...never been so close to my mum since he 04 grand final and then we were plain robbed....at the moment i am of the htought that the vid ref should be removed....dogs fans throwing botles on the field?????????????????? who cares after that bad call

mattyg

Bench
deadset...i dont really get violent but its hard to explain tonight....i went out after the game but my night was ruined after that game....honestly think its the worst call since the video ref was introduced.

8Ball

First Grade
deadset...i dont really get violent but its hard to explain tonight....i went out after the game but my night was ruined after that game....honestly think its the worst call since the video ref was introduced.

From the video ref decisions I've seen I completely agree. This coming from a completely neutral fan.

ByRd

First Grade
OHHHHHH i am still in shock, the eruption on the hill was just enormous and then in a spilt second to be taken away by a bullsh!t call was the worst feeling, i seriously cant explain it. History will show the dragons won but i think all will know the bulldogs won.

leswins

Juniors
So Soward delibertaley runs into Eastwood, realises he has no chance of catching Patten, then while Eastwood is behind him, pretends like he was impeded.

All the while Eastwood did nothing but stand there

im a born and bred kogarah bloke and all i can say 2 dogs fans is that you were robbed!!!!!!. If that happened to saints i'd be fuming. what i'm worried about is our great game has a way of equaling out, and these teams WILL meet in the finals, please NRL, let the best team win even if its not my dragons. These 2 points come with a very dark shadow and let the refs see the light or our game wont continue to grow!
signed a sad saints fan.

mattyg

Bench
Better team lost. Dogs were dead set robbed and it is embarrassing tbh

But let me say this to all you f*ckwit fans laying the blame with Soward. The video ref is the one to blame, not the players.

amen brother...couldnt have said it better myslef...don't balme soward...he did whatever a good player shoulda done in the situation....steve clark though should never be in any control of a first grade ever again after that call...if dragons fans are even calling it bullsh*t then you know its f**ked up.

congrats on the 2 pts, as hard as it is to say, but i'm more congratulating you on being a good sportsman and admitting that you guys won by "default". quite clearly one of the most un-biased supporters i've seen on this site...:clap:

mattyg

Bench
I can't say enough about how well the Dragons fans have handled this tonight. It was quite clear what shoulda happened but reading this thread pretty much every dragons fan has said that they were extremely lucky. Undoubtedly this game is gonna take the heat off matty johns this week, and thank god for that IMO. The game was deadset one of the games of the season and its unfortunate a video ref blunder cost the better side in the end the game, but i'm grateful that it is gonna "hopefully" take the heat off matty johns for the week.

dragons fans deserved to be commended on a great display tonight as well. 18,000+ fans turned up after the game was announced a "sell out". Easily based on TV's coulda fit 2k more in there. The Dogs v Dragons rivalry has always been very friendly, tonight especially, and hopefully that continues into the future...unfortunately there was a bit of missile throwing tonight, but honestly I think any teams fans woulda done the same if not worse given the circumstances. Unbelievable display from both teams fans tonight.

Southernsaint

Staff member
i might be biased but everyone in my fanily (2 x dogs, 1 x manly, 1 x parra and 1 x souths) thought the call was f**ked....i nearly broke into tears after it...never been so close to my mum since he 04 grand final and then we were plain robbed....at the moment i am of the htought that the vid ref should be removed....dogs fans throwing botles on the field?????????????????? who cares after that bad call

Oh MattyG, your tears sustain me - let me lick your face...

:lol::lol::lol:

Eat it, Canterbury fans!!

Dazraider

Juniors
OHHHHHH i am still in shock, the eruption on the hill was just enormous and then in a spilt second to be taken away by a bullsh!t call was the worst feeling, i seriously cant explain it. History will show the dragons won but i think all will know the bulldogs won.

cant say the bulldogs would of still won there was time still on the clock and the refs have blown the whistle before in close games, maybe they got robbed a try but that wasnt fulltime, close enough but not

Gaba

First Grade
seen the iris try when i seen pattern made the break i always thought there was an dragon player taken out , That stupid penalty what was blown against weyman for obstruction when the dragons were going score was as bad as that penalty

The weyman obstruction call was the worst in the history of the gtame there was no bulldogs player around weyman or the player who he passed the ball and the player i cant think who it was would have score but for some reason klien ruled a penalty evn the commentators could not work out who weyman had obstructed that try would probbaly have see nthe dragons run away with it

so by rights clark call was more right then klien decision because a dragons player was taken out where there was no bulldogs near weyman

Last edited:

Gaba

First Grade
Don't be surprise by to see that shocking decision by klien sees him dropped it almost cost the dragons a victory and cost them a bigger margin.

How could a player be penaltise for obstruction when there was gap between him and the bulldogs player is a mystery

lol @ warren ryan calling for klien to be pulled off the field at that incidence costing dragons a fair try which was the turning point , dragons would have been leading by 14 with 18 mins left

Last edited:

aussies1st

Staff member
Even though I wanted the no try cause I tipped the Dragons that was a deadset shocker. Gave me an empty feeling in the stomach being a league fan.

Gaba

First Grade
If the bulldogs won due to klien shocking decision the worst one ever in the nrl history, i would have nearly gave the game away,i was f**king sick and it takes alot for me to get sick but klien obstruction callwas like i better keep the bulldogs in the game No wonder warren ryan was screaming to get klien off

Latest posts