What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steven Clark is a f*in disgrace

Chook Norris

First Grade
had to be try, surely

Soward had most fooled that it was an obstruction.. Eastwood hardly obstructed him.. more like Sowie knew he wasn't gonna tackle him so he milked it

LL3

Juniors
Payback for the 1998 semi at Kogarah.... Steve Clark then too.

Suck it up and move on. LOL at the Roosters supporters blowing up, still hurting!

Not even close to payback for 98, but guess what suck it up lol.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
I can't believe Soward is lying about it after the match. There is no way he ever tried to tackle Patten. He knows it, everyone else knows it. I bet even Steven Clark knows it by now.

Nerd

Bench
Is it time to dump the video ref? Last week some dodgy calls allowed Manly to get home against the Broncos and now an obviously incorrect call allowed the Dragons to escape defeat against the Dogs.

The only thing Soward should have been awarded is an Oscar for his performance.

Clark should at least be stood down for a week for incompetence.

Dragon

Coach
Soward had most fooled that it was an obstruction.. Eastwood hardly obstructed him.. more like Sowie knew he wasn't gonna tackle him so he milked it

Mate i was blowing up major, screaming Soward should've just made the fecking tackle. But my missus was saying "no its not his fault" blah blah yeah whatever. In the end though I dont think he is to blame (i do have massive man love for the kid, so im probably bias)

The ref was gonna award the try then Clarke got in his ear... i dunno im just mystified by the whole thing :?

Game_Breaker

Coach
Is it time to dump the video ref? Last week some dodgy calls allowed Manly to get home against the Broncos and now an obviously incorrect call allowed the Dragons to escape defeat against the Dogs.

The only thing Soward should have been awarded is an Oscar for his performance.

Clark should at least be stood down for a week for incompetence.

Nah, just make sure they're better than a blind chimp

muznik

Juniors
Deadset shocker !

I am an Eels fan, so didnt really care who won, but thought was an absolute travesty.

What is Eastwood supposed to do, he cant disappear?

I cannot believe that try was not awarded but I bet Hollywood Harrigan will come out and say it was right.

jimmythehand

Juniors
i'm a bulldogs fan and I can see why he ruled no try. If an attacking player is in the defensive line and gets in the way of a defender then it's no try.

Eastwood was never offside, so he can't be run onside rl1908. As far as I'm aware, it's up to the attacking player to ensure no contact is made, although that might be referring to decoy runners. There's probably not even a rule for what happened tonight. If I was video ref I would have awarded a try, but only on the benefit of the doubt rule.

tiger_nick

Bench
why wasnt the video ref shown the front on angel that 9 showed after the match?

it shows soward actually backing into eastwood. the biggest rort i have ever seen in my life.

I can't believe Soward is lying about it after the match. There is no way he ever tried to tackle Patten. He knows it, everyone else knows it. I bet even Steven Clark knows it by now.

He dosent have to try and tackle him. If you are in a position to tackle and are interfered with, that's a penalty.

I wonder how many of the people in here going nuts about it being the 100% wrong decision are just repeating the Phil Gould/Channel 9 mantra.

I was at the game and listened to grandstand 702 afterwards. The general opinion was that it was a tough call, but technically correct.

Game_Breaker

Coach
He dosent have to try and tackle him. If you are in a position to tackle and are interfered with, that's a penalty.

I wonder how many of the people in here going nuts about it being the 100% wrong decision are just repeating the Phil Gould/Channel 9 mantra.

I was at the game and listened to grandstand 702 afterwards. The general opinion was that it was a tough call, but technically correct.

Thats the point

He wasnt interfered with.

He ran into Eastwood, and milked it. Eastwood did NOTHING that can interfere with him making a tackle

The Tank

Bench

Exactly why that try should have been awarded. Soward wasn't interfered with - he backed into the Canterbury player. I'm actually stunned that anyone would defend this disgraceful decision.

Frustrated Fan

Juniors

If they thought that was technically correct, they were obviously going for the Dragons.
The fact is a perfect finish for to the game for those of us who were going for the Bulldogs, was ripped apart by a WRONG CALL! It was a terrific try. If it was awarded, it would have been a memorable game (for the right reason).

Nerd

Bench

What rubbish. Soward milked it and got away with it.

Nerd

Bench
If they thought that was technically correct, they were obviously going for the Dragons.
The fact is a perfect finish for to the game for those of us who were going for the Bulldogs, was ripped apart by a WRONG CALL! It was a terrific try. If it was awarded, it would have been a memorable game (for the right reason).

:clap:

Flapper

First Grade
I must've been watching a different game to the rest of you all. Bulldogs the better team? Better teams don't get 14-0 down. The Idris try should've been sent upstairs because the ball was gorunded short of the line. And then not only was there interference (oficial ruling, make of it what you will), the last pass on that last no try was forward anyway, except the dickheads were too blind to rule on it!

St George was the better team, they deserved the win, and I don't like either of them!

Perfect finish for me.

We get the two points and C*nterbury fans are pissed off.

maestro1

Bench
LOL at people calling for Soward to be suspended....I've never seen anyone suspended for a professional foul. Kimmorley has made a career of milking penalties. hould he also get suspended next time he milks a penalty. Ennis milks at least 2 a game.........

Under the current interpretation, Eastwood did momentarily grab Soward and that is all it took to make it impossible for Clark to award the try. It would of made them inconsistent. If taht stupid rule didn't exist, it is a try, everyday of the week, however, the refs have painted themselves into a corner with their interpretation of this rule all year and had to give a penalty.

The Dragons were the better team, the dogs never gave up. Benny Hornby should have been allowed a try, but was called back for no reason. The better team won on the night. They controlled possession better and their defence earnt them some doggies errors which in the end was where the dogs lost it. As bennett said last week when the Dragons nearly snatched a last minute win....it shouldn't come down to trying to win a game in the final minute. Saints led for the whole game. Idris did not make the tryline for his try, it was a second effort from Hannant who pushed the ball forward after Idris grounded it short that made it seem that he had reached the tryline. The second effort from Hannant should have been penalised.

Latest posts