What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steven Clark is a f*in disgrace

Game_Breaker

Coach
Better team my ass! What game were you watching what about the bullsh*t disaloud try in the 1st half.

You mean the double movement?

What about it

Fact, Dragons had all the ball with the best field position and didnt look too threatening

When we attacked your line we actually looked like scoring

BWNB

First Grade
Better team lost. Dogs were dead set robbed and it is embarrassing tbh

But let me say this to all you f*ckwit fans laying the blame with Soward. The video ref is the one to blame, not the players.
Good post, but why isnt Soward to blame?
It was both the video ref and the players fault. I mean the rules are the rules but geez, what would be said if a particular player deliberately stayed down after a tackle cause he knew he would get a penalty. What would be said then?

Ribs

Bench
Hornbys first try was fine too, if that was in the last minute we'd be discussing that.

Game_Breaker

Coach
Of course you'd say all this, you're a Dogs fan! I'm a Tigers fan I couldn't care less who won, but I want a fair game. Everyone who's saying the Bulldogs deserved to win does not want a fair game. Just to reiterate, I couldn't give a f**k about either teams. You may think I'm wrong, but I KNOW I'm right.

So thats most people on here?

lol

BWNB

First Grade
So what, Did you watch the game, or were just getting updates from a mate?

How many times were the Dragons tackled in the Bulldogs 20. You had so much ball in excellent field position, yet didnt even look like scoring.

Really, Im sure Bennett wont be too pleased with the attack.

They won't win anything if their attack doesn't improve. The way they play means that there is very little margin for error in their game.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Canterbury's lone try in '85 was off a forward pass. Saints were robbed a Premiership, Dogs were robbed 2 points.

As for '95, you'll have to ask the Manly fans to clarify, but I distinctly recall how pissed off they all were after that game, claiming all 3 Dogs tries weren't legit. One was a 7th tackle try, which is a decision worse than tonight's. The other two - ask the Manly fans with a good memory. For the record I despise Manly and was very happy the Dogs beat them.

When it really boils down to it, every team has been shafted at some point. The Dragons certainly have, the most notable being '99 when Aaron Moule (I think it was) scored off a 3m forward pass (called by Sterlo), and we lost by 2 points. Unfortunately, and you Doggies fans will realise this when you calm down a bit, nothing whatsoever can or will ever change the result of any game decided by a refereeing error. Canterbury are and always will be the '85 Premiers, same with Melbourne in '99. I believe Melbourne fans felt similarly robbed in '06, but the record says the Broncos were the Premiers that year.

For the record, I listened to the end of the game on the radio after getting home from work (I live in Brisbane), and it wasn't just Saints fan Morrow calling it no try, Wok was as well, and as far as I'm aware he is no great fan of my team. I took their word for it, but I still had an empty feeling because we should never have given them the opportunity. When I watched the late replay and saw the actual decision, my words to my wife were "The Dogs were robbed" and "We were f**king lucky" and "That is one of the worst decisions I've seen".

I in no way dispute that Canterbury were robbed. They were. We were f**king lucky, and I feel very little joy after the win. Bring on next week.

Game_Breaker

Coach
Hornbys first try was fine too, if that was in the last minute we'd be discussing that.

The ref ruled the dragons made a play on the ball after the intitial knock on

Hornby played on after the whistle was blown anyway, so you can hardly give that

Last edited:

brendothejet

First Grade
OKay as we all are putting 2c in here is mine:

(I'm a massive Saints fan for those who don't know)

We the fans cry out for consistency every week in the reffing of our game. Tonight you got it, but none of you like the result. Every single time something like this occurs (obstrcution) the ref gives a penalty to the defending team.

We've all seen it, every week, so I don't know why you are all carrying on like it is a first in the game.

You know what, Soward probably wasn't obstructed that much, my feelings are Clarke saw the BLATANT FORWARD PASS to Idris and used the obstruction to justify him ruling on something he isnt supposed to. Not to the letter of the law, but the end justifies the means.

Add to this Michael Ennis being immensely offside the play before and justice starts to appear.

Throw into the mix the fact that its the Bulldogs (biggest cheats in history) and the justice factor thickens.

Steve Clark making amends for his f**kING SHOCKER in 1998? More justice.

Timmah reading all of this and losing a load of knuckle children at the outrage? Priceless.

As far as I'm concerned Saints won and Bulldogs fans just have to cop it. We've had our share of rough decisions and it was nice to get one the other way.

Don't any of you pretend it doesn't happen every single week. We've all been robbed and we've all robbed others.

The best thing to come from this will be the rematch at Telstra stadium. Get tickets early and call the Australian Defence Force because that one is going to be electric.

Go the Dragons, LOL @ Timmah & Dogs fans, Bring it on again!

Jason Maher

Immortal
Good post, but why isnt Soward to blame?
It was both the video ref and the players fault. I mean the rules are the rules but geez, what would be said if a particular player deliberately stayed down after a tackle cause he knew he would get a penalty. What would be said then?

Paul Gallen springs to mind here...

Flapper

First Grade
So thats most people on here?

lol

Believe me I thought I'd come on here expecting more support for my way of thinking. Ah well, I know what I saw whilst watching the game, I've recently had my eyesight tested and it's 20/20. Maybe those who have access to the fox replay will watch it again. Anyway I'm not going to change my mind no matter how much you lol at me :lol:

Kiki

First Grade
So what, Did you watch the game, or were just getting updates from a mate?

How many times were the Dragons tackled in the Bulldogs 20. You had so much ball in excellent field position, yet didnt even look like scoring.

Really, Im sure Bennett wont be too pleased with the attack.

of course i watched the bloody game!

i agree our attack looked flat at times and i was bitching at the TV about it, but we still managed to score more points than you guys. so the scoreboard says our attack is just fine.

Raul_Pato

Juniors
It was a fair call, in line with the other sh*t calls that were part and parcel of the match.

A player is impeded from making a challenge = penalty

Good call for once Steven Clark

Game_Breaker

Coach
Canterbury's lone try in '85 was off a forward pass. Saints were robbed a Premiership, Dogs were robbed 2 points.

The peter mortimer try?

How was that forward?

As for '95, you'll have to ask the Manly fans to clarify, but I distinctly recall how pissed off they all were after that game, claiming all 3 Dogs tries weren't legit. One was a 7th tackle try, which is a decision worse than tonight's. The other two - ask the Manly fans with a good memory. For the record I despise Manly and was very happy the Dogs beat them.

They can whinge all they like

They werent robbed

Ribs

Bench
Saints were the better team. What about Hornby's first try?

No response to that?

No I didnt think so.

Here you go game Breaker, help yourself to another.

tissues.jpg

P.S. 6 line breaks to 4, thanks for coming.

brendothejet

First Grade
The peter mortimer try?

How was that forward?

They can whinge all they like

They werent robbed

I dunno...i'd call scoring a try on the seventh tackle pretty f**king dodgy.

But hey you are a bulldogs fan and robbery is something you'd know a lot about.

league

Juniors
excellent decision, atleast they're being consistent. Soward was clearly obstructed. Didn't Hornby have a try disallowed in the opening minutes after Ennis knocked on where advantage should have been played but wasn't??

Game_Breaker

Coach
Saints were the better team. What about Hornby's first try?

No response to that?

I did respond to that

Ref ruled Dragons made a play on the ball, double knock on

Hornby played on after the whistle was blown, you cant give that