What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steven Clark is a f*in disgrace

RufusRex

Post Whore
A few years back .. Dogs gifted a win against the dragons when SBW is allowed to strip creagh in a 2 on 1 tackle ...

A year or so back .. Cooper is ruled to have stripped a dog 2 on 1 by clark which the central ref subsequently called a harsh call ... Dogs score on the next set and dragons lose narrowly.

Clark pings Eastwood for an obstruction ...

Circles and roundabouts ... Yes the call was probably wrong and cost the dogs the game ... I am just smiling for once becase we got the decision and not the dogs. Suck it up dogs fans .. now you know how we feel.

Ribs

Bench
LOL at people calling for Soward to be suspended....I've never seen anyone suspended for a professional foul. Kimmorley has made a career of milking penalties. hould he also get suspended next time he milks a penalty. Ennis milks at least 2 a game.........

Under the current interpretation, Eastwood did momentarily grab Soward and that is all it took to make it impossible for Clark to award the try. It would of made them inconsistent. If taht stupid rule didn't exist, it is a try, everyday of the week, however, the refs have painted themselves into a corner with their interpretation of this rule all year and had to give a penalty.

The Dragons were the better team, the dogs never gave up. Benny Hornby should have been allowed a try, but was called back for no reason. The better team won on the night. They controlled possession better and their defence earnt them some doggies errors which in the end was where the dogs lost it. As bennett said last week when the Dragons nearly snatched a last minute win....it shouldn't come down to trying to win a game in the final minute. Saints led for the whole game. Idris did not make the tryline for his try, it was a second effort from Hannant who pushed the ball forward after Idris grounded it short that made it seem that he had reached the tryline. The second effort from Hannant should have been penalised.

Agreed.

tiger_nick

Bench
A few years back .. Dogs gifted a win against the dragons when SBW is allowed to strip creagh in a 2 on 1 tackle ...

A year or so back .. Cooper is ruled to have stripped a dog 2 on 1 by clark which the central ref subsequently called a harsh call ... Dogs score on the next set and dragons lose narrowly.

Clark pings Eastwood for an obstruction ...

Circles and roundabouts ... Yes the call was probably wrong and cost the dogs the game ... I am just smiling for once becase we got the decision and not the dogs. Suck it up dogs fans .. now you know how we feel.

are you serious? wow thanks mate, thats cleared it all up. the nrl should just give saints the trophy now. it would clearly be unfair not to.

Ike E Bear

Juniors
The only thing Soward should have been awarded is an Oscar for his performance.

But it wasn't that good of a performance! Everyone could see that he milked it and I thought the fact that he backed into Eastwood was obvious from ALL the angles, including those available to Clark.

Game_Breaker

Coach
:lol:, oh how wrong can you be Flapper

Did you even watch the game?

I must've been watching a different game to the rest of you all. Bulldogs the better team? Better teams don't get 14-0 down.

The field position and all the ball they had showed how good the Bulldogs defence was. Frankly, with all that ball in the Bulldogs 20, they shouldve been up by alot more.

But Bulldogs defence was too good

The Idris try should've been sent upstairs because the ball was gorunded short of the line.

No, Archer was right there infront of Idris

He had a better view than you

And then not only was there interference (oficial ruling, make of it what you will), the last pass on that last no try was forward anyway, except the dickheads were too blind to rule on it!

lol, was not forward

was no interference

Was the worst video ref decision ever

St George was the better team, they deserved the win, and I don't like either of them!

Their attack was woeful

Our defence was strong

We looked liked scoring every time we were attacking their line

plus, the sin bin was a weird decision, Cooper shouldve been binned for his mid air tackle on Idris. Was lucky to stay on

Better team lost

Frustrated Fan

Juniors
I felt comfortable enough to have a decent bet on Hazem ElMasri to score more than 6.5 points and the Bulldogs to win for a number of reasons. One of those being my belief that Tony Archer and Ashley Klein are honest and referee truly. My problem being...... there was also two touch judges and a video ref'.
Another real tough call against the Bulldogs was the prefessional foul sin bin to Brett Kimorley for the slightest of leg pulls. I wonder who was behind that? It was a real tough call. Several infringements by the Dragons were worse and some not even penalised.
I feel like a real mug. Punting on rugby league is like dangling your balls in the breeze. It's a real shame because it is also a great thrill. I wish the punters were better looked after.

Last edited:

Kiki

First Grade
hahaha if our attack was so woeful how did we end up 2 ahead in the 78th minute?

Hass

Juniors
Let me add my name to those condemning the decision - there can't be enough noise made about this absolute shocker.

Like many fans, I detest the Bulldogs. I was going for the Dragons. But that's the worst decision (or very close to the worst decision) I've seen to decide a match in at least the last 20 years.

I'm trying to find a way of justifying the decision and I just can't. Perhaps Clarke thought the final pass was forward so found another reason to disallow the try. I think that's unlikely, so he's either incompetent or on the take.

Perhaps he was thinking of that 1998 semi at Kogarah when he cost Saints the match against the Dogs. Could it have been a square up 11 years in the making?

I'm only considering these crazy conspiracies because the decision has left me absolutely flabbergasted.

It's funny though. When the Dogs went in at the end I thought "wow, they managed to win that match despite St George being the better team". So despite the Dogs being robbed I don't think the "better team lost". What I do know is that the Dogs worked hard in that match, held in there, then produced a match-winning final play - they deserved to win, but are walking away empty handed.

This decision will be remembered for decades.

aussie7798

First Grade
What about the punters!!!@!@!@! That is FA_A_A_ARKED!!! This game has lost me for EVER!!!!@!@@ Jamie Soward is a Cheat! Steven Clark is............!!!!!Q!Q!Q!Q!Q

lol so idris is a cheat for claiming the try when he lost the ball over the line as well

Whole issue should have been moot because Ennis should have been penalised for being offside the tackle before the kick that led to the try he was about 1 metre to the left of the play the ball and made the tackle. Ref gets that call right and the dogs dont touch the ball again.

8Ball

First Grade
That was disgraceful. If the broncos won a game like that I'd be feeling very very very very hollow..

RL1908

Bench
i'm a bulldogs fan and I can see why he ruled no try. If an attacking player is in the defensive line and gets in the way of a defender then it's no try.

Eastwood was never offside, so he can't be run onside rl1908. As far as I'm aware, it's up to the attacking player to ensure no contact is made, although that might be referring to decoy runners. There's probably not even a rule for what happened tonight. If I was video ref I would have awarded a try, but only on the benefit of the doubt rule.

Eastwood was upfield of Patten when he received the ball and began to run - so Eastwood was at that point off-side. The whole time Eastwood was off-side, he wasn't blocking Soward from running forward towards or across field to tackle Patten.

However, when Patten ran past both Soward and Eastwood, this placed Eastwood between the two - but this is the complete reverse of a conventional obstruction.

The play is no longer coming towards Soward, it is going upfield away.

Though Eastwood is possibly obstructing Soward, as an on-side player that is not his problem.

That meant Soward was now in the chasing role (as opposed to defending front on in a conventional obstruction).

As long as they are on-side, a team mate of the ball carrier doesn't have to concern himself with obstructing defenders chasing the ball-carrier from behind.

Once Patten ran past them, that placed Eastwood between Soward and Patten - but Eastwood, as an on-side team mate of a ball-carrier, can lawfully obstruct a defender.

It happens all the time when team mates support a ball-carrier, with the classic/extreme example being Mal Meninga with his winning try supporting Ricky Stuart in the 2nd test of the 1990 Ashes series.

Flapper

First Grade
:lol:, oh how wrong can you be Flapper

Did you even watch the game?

The field position and all the ball they had showed how good the Bulldogs defence was. Frankly, with all that ball in the Bulldogs 20, they shouldve been up by alot more.

But Bulldogs defence was too good

No, Archer was right there infront of Idris

He had a better view than you

lol, was not forward

was no interference

Was the worst video ref decision ever

Their attack was woeful

Our defence was strong

We looked liked scoring every time we were attacking their line

plus, the sin bin was a weird decision, Cooper shouldve been binned for his mid air tackle on Idris. Was lucky to stay on

Better team lost

Of course you'd say all this, you're a Dogs fan! I'm a Tigers fan I couldn't care less who won, but I want a fair game. Everyone who's saying the Bulldogs deserved to win does not want a fair game. Just to reiterate, I couldn't give a f**k about either teams. You may think I'm wrong, but I KNOW I'm right.

Jasdragon

Juniors
Robbed because the video ref doesnt know the rules

Im still shocked

Sometimes you can understand why they get it wrong, but the only explanation I have is he doesnt know the rules

Dragons may have got the 2 points, but Bulldogs were the better team.

Better team my ass! What game were you watching what about the bullsh*t disaloud try in the 1st half.

Game_Breaker

Coach
hahaha if our attack was so woeful how did we end up 2 ahead in the 78th minute?

So what, Did you watch the game, or were just getting updates from a mate?

How many times were the Dragons tackled in the Bulldogs 20. You had so much ball in excellent field position, yet didnt even look like scoring.

Really, Im sure Bennett wont be too pleased with the attack.

aussie7798

First Grade
I felt comfortable enough to have a decent bet on Hazem ElMasri to score more than 6.5 points and the Bulldogs to win for a number of reasons. One of those being my belief that Tony Archer and Ashley Klein are honest and referee truly. My problem being...... there was also two touch judges and a video ref'.
Another real tough call against the Bulldogs was the prefessional foul sin bin to Brett Kimorley for the slightest of leg pulls. I wonder who was behind that? It was a real tough call. Several infringements by the Dragons were worse and some not even penalised.
I feel like a real mug. Punting on rugby league is like dangling your balls in the breeze. It's a real shame because it is also a great thrill. I wish the punters were better looked after.

this crap really pisses me off the game is not run for the punters despite how many odds updates you get a game it is run for the fans and the players

it's like the punters going beserk because a forward takes a kick in the final game of the season from infront and mucks it costing people the line betting, shut the F#$k up betting is a risk and you would be cheering if a error got you the cash so sod off

kimmorely commited a proffesional foul by slowing down the play the ball after a break, deserved a sin bin if the ref considered it a penalty and so he was binned. put away your whinging balls and shut up

atomic_crimson

Juniors
I must've been watching a different game to the rest of you all. Bulldogs the better team? Better teams don't get 14-0 down. The Idris try should've been sent upstairs because the ball was gorunded short of the line. And then not only was there interference (oficial ruling, make of it what you will), the last pass on that last no try was forward anyway, except the dickheads were too blind to rule on it!

St George was the better team, they deserved the win, and I don't like either of them!

watch the game again... he grounds it on the line - it's the painting of the ingoal area which is decieving.