What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steven Clark is a f*in disgrace

Jasdragon

Juniors
You mean the double movement?

What about it

Fact, Dragons had all the ball with the best field position and didnt look too threatening

When we attacked your line we actually looked like scoring

No the bullsh*t double knock on call in the 5th minute hornby should of had a try.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Whilst I agree that it was one of the most disgraceful decision ever...

What about Hornby's fair try in the opening minutes ?

Hanscholo

Bench
I have no love for the dogs.

However, that was one of the worst robbings i have ever seen in ANY sport in 35 odd years. An absolute 100% f**king disgrace. The video ref needs to be sacked, and whoever taught him to do that needs to be sacked. It nearly caused a riot, one part of me actually agreed with the dogs supporters throwing rubbish onto the field....Do we need to have a riot before these geniuss wake up and f**k this stupid law off that NOBODY asked for, that we never needed? Get rid of it finch or it will lose you your job.

Jasdragon

Juniors
Canterbury's lone try in '85 was off a forward pass. Saints were robbed a Premiership, Dogs were robbed 2 points.

As for '95, you'll have to ask the Manly fans to clarify, but I distinctly recall how pissed off they all were after that game, claiming all 3 Dogs tries weren't legit. One was a 7th tackle try, which is a decision worse than tonight's. The other two - ask the Manly fans with a good memory. For the record I despise Manly and was very happy the Dogs beat them.

When it really boils down to it, every team has been shafted at some point. The Dragons certainly have, the most notable being '99 when Aaron Moule (I think it was) scored off a 3m forward pass (called by Sterlo), and we lost by 2 points. Unfortunately, and you Doggies fans will realise this when you calm down a bit, nothing whatsoever can or will ever change the result of any game decided by a refereeing error. Canterbury are and always will be the '85 Premiers, same with Melbourne in '99. I believe Melbourne fans felt similarly robbed in '06, but the record says the Broncos were the Premiers that year.

For the record, I listened to the end of the game on the radio after getting home from work (I live in Brisbane), and it wasn't just Saints fan Morrow calling it no try, Wok was as well, and as far as I'm aware he is no great fan of my team. I took their word for it, but I still had an empty feeling because we should never have given them the opportunity. When I watched the late replay and saw the actual decision, my words to my wife were "The Dogs were robbed" and "We were f**king lucky" and "That is one of the worst decisions I've seen".

I in no way dispute that Canterbury were robbed. They were. We were f**king lucky, and I feel very little joy after the win. Bring on next week.

How can you forget the Shepard in 95 against saints with dean pay and that timou bloke!

8Ball

First Grade
This thread serves nicely for the purpose of which Dragon fans' opinions will be disregarded in the future.

badav

Bench
Wow. Sook more you merkin Dogs wankas. Hahhahahha.

St. George Illawarrra Dragons 20
Dogs 18

OMG GUYS NOTHING LIKE THIS HAS EVA HAPPENED B4 FOR OR AGAINST MY CLUB!!!!!~~~~!!!!!

Move the f**k on.

Thats funny that you should say that. Before tonights game, dragons fans have been whinging and moaning about steve clark for the last 10 years.

You would think they would, to quote someone "move the f**k on" dont you agree. But they don't. Now all of a sudden they win a game they shouldnt have and everyone else should just move the f**k on. what a load of turd burgers.

Alot of rugby league fans (the majority i would say) talk about how staying down in a tackle to milk a penalty is an act of poor sportsmanship and should be stamped out of the game. Intentionally pretending to be impeded is just as low as staying down and thats exactly what soward did. He is no better than any player who has played dead to get a penalty.

Every man and his f**king dog (except tonights video ref) realises that players making no attempt to make a tackle and pretending to be impeded is increasly becoming a part of the game. Thats not good for rugby league.

Last edited:

brendothejet

First Grade
I reckon the decision is not only great for the fact that Saints won, but for the fact that when these two teams meet again a ticket will be hot property.

I in fact think it was a conspiracy by the NRL to drive ticket sales up for the next encounter.

8Ball

First Grade
Dragons have their fair share of sore losers.

But I bet no one will mention Hornby's fair try.

I didn't think there was enough evidence on TV to show that as conclusive one way or the other.

Sometimes you get bad decisions, sometimes you get good ones. This is expected as refs are human. But that one just boggles the mind.. Unbelievable.

God-King Dean

Immortal
I didn't think there enough evidence on TV to show that as conclusive one way or the other.

Sometimes you get bad decisions, sometimes you get good ones. This is expected as refs are human. But that one just boggles the mind.. Unbelievable.

Whilst I don't disgree, I think Hornby's try was fair.

badav

Bench
I reckon the decision is not only great for the fact that Saints won, but for the fact that when these two teams meet again a ticket will be hot property.

I in fact think it was a conspiracy by the NRL to drive ticket sales up for the next encounter.

Im more inclined to think it was a conspiracy by the NRL to take matt johns off the back page.

Now they need to think of something to take matt johns off the front page.

Scarves

Juniors
Any other sub controversial decisions aside, this particular final video referee ruling is arguably the most disheartening decision on a Rugby League Park that I can ever remember. I've seen blatant sequences in the past pre-video ref day where things were awarded incorrectly, but this is really a completely different box and dice.

If what I saw tonight is an official interpretation of the rules, Jesus Please help me understand how we got here, and then sack everone from Finch, Harrigan etc down to the bottom feeder associated with the referees group. Because we must eradicate every trace.

If it turns out that Clark made a simple glaring error, okay, then this bloke blatantly has no idea and should be stood down forever and ever and after amen.

Strike me, this kind of ruling has no place in our game, who ever reckons so in official land should seriously be removed from office. I have never in my life requested someone lose their job, but this decision suggests that possibly our current referees are adjudicating on a completely different sport.

It is garbage that soiled a classic encounter between two traditional heavy weights on the marquee league night. That a passionate riot failed to eventuate, well I am thankful for but it does amaze me.

eddiesmith

Juniors
That was unf**kingbelievable how the hell could a video referee get that so bloody wrong?

A player makes a dumb mistake, has a sook and the idiots reward him, the game is f**ked and I dont think anyone understands the obstruction rule anymore

Jasdragon

Juniors
He ran through after the ref blew the whistle

while i think it wasnt a double knock on, you cant give that a try. The reason for breaking the line was because the whistle was blown

Just as he was busting the line Idris was never gonna stop him.

Latest posts