What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storm v Dragons

Cletus

First Grade
The game was a shocker as a spectacle.

Wayne Bennett coaches the most boring game plan in the history of the game, his side will not pass the ball until they are in the oppositions 25 meters area, so until then it is 5 rucks up and kick it, wait for a mistake down there end, and then play some footy.

Craig Bellamy was Wayne Bennetts understudy and unfortunately has adopted the same game plan. So when you have 2 teams playing the same 'let's wait for a mistake' 5 rucks up and kick game plan, you may as well only watch the last 5 minutes of the game if you want to know the score.

Personally I read the results in the paper.

That's what I didn't like about the game. Too much one out running and both teams have excellent defence so not many linebreaks. They win a lot of games playing like that and they're both good teams, but I'd rather watch a more free flowing game.

Mark Rudd

Juniors
Dragons lost because they can't handle playing in front of large crowds at large staudiums. Hence why they choose dumps like oki doki stadium(oxi moron calling it that I gather) playing in front of 7-8000 ppl rather then 25,000+ crowds the Storm enjoy.

Chokers.

Dragons lost because they can't handle playing in front of large crowds at large staudiums. Hence why they choose dumps like oki doki stadium(oxi moron calling it that I gather) playing in front of 7-8000 ppl rather then 25,000+ crowds the Storm enjoy.

Chokers.

When was the last time we played against someone at home and only got 7-8000 people?

Dickhead

This Year?

Immortal
The only thing I enjoy after a Dragons loss is some of the hilarity that soon follows.

Last edited:

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Where's Hindmarshisgod? The Eels looked excellent yesterday against the team riding the second worst losing streak in NRL history. Still, they won't resort to cheapy tactics and boring disciplined play, even when that team is touching them up.

Won't be so easy getting on a run this year. At least Saints can get to the business end before we fail. Eels can't even get out of March.

Mong

Post Whore

Chokers.

:lol:

They have won a few times up here in Brisbane in recent years dopey.

They tend to get decent crowds up this way..

Jubileeboy

First Grade
Sorry Hindmarshdude..
Parramatta are a myth. If that is their best....jeez..
Sharks were ordinary at best.
Was great watching Tahu get owned by young Ferguson.

Remind me of the score in the recent parra v Dragons game?
(you know...the one where we scored all the points in the last 5 minutes)
:roll:

Shorty

Staff member
I'd like to see how they go against teams like the Tigers, Roosters and teams that are a bit more daring in attack.
I know we worried them, at that was with no speed or support play.

The style of play will get them to the finals because it's safe and airtight but it takes something else entirely to get to the grand final and win it.Storm have the ability to play safe but also have the attacking flair in Slater and Inglis.
The closest the Dragons have is Brett Morris who was pretty damn quiet when shut down.

Gaba

First Grade
I'd like to see how they go against teams like the Tigers, Roosters and teams that are a bit more daring in attack.
I know we worried them, at that was with no speed or support play.
the tigers and roosters to contain, shut farrah and marshall the tigers will struggle

Carney is the attack for the roosters

the problem for these so called attacking teams they cant defend, and it will be easier for the defensive sides to put on a score and defend it

Last edited:

Latest posts