What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strong rumour.. BMoz, gone

RONG

Juniors
Well IF he doesn't want to stay then open the gate and let him out, let him have a few years with his brother at the dogs. We should not be spending so much of our cap on wingers when we need forwards. The money we could save would be better spent in much more important positions.

grouch

First Grade
TS, there has not been one leak from anywhere about this other than the red face cherub that doubles as the poster boy from AA at the Telegraph. I can't get any mail on this other than what some people have posted. If a deal has been done, it has been kept very quiet.
I still think it's all speculation TBH... I hope I'm wrong but usually there are snippets from people within those circles but I have not heard boo.
I may be wrong and if he goes, it's not from trying to stop him leaving.
The Bulldogs are great at destabilising every club and are always after everyone !
Did you know that Morris is already the highest paid winger in the NRL?
At what point do you say enough is enough?

I may end up with egg on my face and I know this isn't popular opinion but the club will survive and he will be replaced.

Wow. This is gold medal apologist stuff right here. I didn’t believe that even a pathetic sycophant like yourself could sink this low.

Jubileeboy

First Grade
Wow. This is gold medal apologist stuff right here. I didn?t believe that even a pathetic sycophant like yourself could sink this low.

Whoa is me...the sky is falling...we had our pants pulled down.
You would boo Santa Claus you miserable piece of 5hit. Bad childhood? Dousty have you removed from the club?
What do you fkn know? Honestly?....FKN Nothing ! If its not about bagging what is going on, we don't hear boo from you.
You are quick to negate anything I write and most of it comes from people that actually have a clue, are involved in NRL or our club, yet you continuously offer nothing as a solution. Actions are taken by the club and either way, you still manage to find the negative.
Are you so bereft of original ideas that your posts have to always be negative?
Your dislike and stalking of me is completely unhealthy for you and you really should find something else to do....How's about...like go flick yourself for starters? :)

Slippery Morris

First Grade
All rumours mate. I heard from triple m's most credible source for rumours (Supergrass) that Sheens and Barrett where about to sign on as coach. 3 Days later Mary is coach. In other words all BS. Until it happoens not worth stipulating.

grouch

First Grade
lol there's the lame stalker line again.

Whatever the club does, you'd find a way to support it. People like you are the problem.

twinkletoes

Juniors
Reality has it that if he goes in 2016 he will be nearing or will be 30. Forwards win you matches. I hope he stays and sees his career out as a one club man. Let's remember that his dad Slippery Steve Morris was also a club legend started off as an elusive half back then became a great finisher on the wing. He then signed and played out his career at the Roosters. Even though he did ok at the roosters his best years where behind him.

If the deal is done, it won't be 2016 it will be next year...

The Nick

Bench
lol there's the lame stalker line again.

Whatever the club does, you'd find a way to support it. People like you are the problem.

LOL and what do you know about running a club or building a successful NRL side? Why should we trust your opinion over that at of Mary's - a club and representative legend? Please explain why you know so much better? What information are you privy to that we don't know?

I hope he stays too as a dragon thru and thru, but on those big dollars its not the end of the work to open up a wing spot for the young kids to get 1st grade time, both wing spots have been locked up for so long.

Only thing would be we dont have established centres either, so defensively it leaves lots of holes to fill.

Dude, not singling you out, but this is crazy. What young kids? This is a sheer disaster of management. If this is true, there is no strategy here for freeing up cap space or "making tough decisions", it's a good player signalling that the place is completely dysfunctional and taking the first opportunity to go and play somewhere better, where he can see a chance of winning something.

If Morris goes, it will not signal a positive turning point for the club. It will be the moment that Merrin says to himself "f** this, how do I get out too" and every player agent says to his best players "you want nothing to do with that sinking ship".

It'll be like when O'Connor left at the end of '86.

Seriously, all of you, just stop trying to act like there's a silver lining. It's a fiasco.

jenninga

First Grade
TS, there has not been one leak from anywhere about this other than the red face cherub that doubles as the poster boy from AA at the Telegraph. I can't get any mail on this other than what some people have posted. If a deal has been done, it has been kept very quiet.
I still think it's all speculation TBH... I hope I'm wrong but usually there are snippets from people within those circles but I have not heard boo.
I may be wrong and if he goes, it's not from trying to stop him leaving.
The Bulldogs are great at destabilising every club and are always after everyone !
Did you know that Morris is already the highest paid winger in the NRL?
At what point do you say enough is enough?

I may end up with egg on my face and I know this isn't popular opinion but the club will survive and he will be replaced.

I would be very disappointed if Morris did leave,probably as disappointed as Panthers fans when Jennings and Lewis left.
My issue is whether the club actually has a plan with who they are targeting to bring to the club to make us competitive again.
A big positive is we have a 6 and 7 to build the team around.

dragonreddy

Juniors
[/B]I would be very disappointed if Morris did leave,probably as disappointed as Panthers fans when Jennings and Lewis left.
My issue is whether the club actually has a plan with who they are targeting to bring to the club to make us competitive again.

This is an honest question ,not having a dig ,do you see Marshall as long term ?

You also forgot to put AH mau in the mix:D

grouch

First Grade
LOL and what do you know about running a club or building a successful NRL side? Why should we trust your opinion over that at of Mary's - a club and representative legend? Please explain why you know so much better? What information are you privy to that we don't know?
Another pathetic attitude. Deferring the right to an opinion simply because you aren't an insider. Craig Coleman was a club legend at Souths. Didn't prevent him being a royal clusterf*ck of a coach.

grouch

First Grade
Dude, not singling you out, but this is crazy. What young kids? This is a sheer disaster of management. If this is true, there is no strategy here for freeing up cap space or "making tough decisions", it's a good player signalling that the place is completely dysfunctional and taking the first opportunity to go and play somewhere better, where he can see a chance of winning something.

If Morris goes, it will not signal a positive turning point for the club. It will be the moment that Merrin says to himself "f** this, how do I get out too" and every player agent says to his best players "you want nothing to do with that sinking ship".

It'll be like when O'Connor left at the end of '86.

Seriously, all of you, just stop trying to act like there's a silver lining. It's a fiasco.
Agree 100%. It's like when his father Brett left in the same era. The club is in the same dark hole it was in back in the late 80's, with the coaches to boot. Steve Price = Ted Glossop and Mary = Craig Young

possm

Coach
[/B]I would be very disappointed if Morris did leave,probably as disappointed as Panthers fans when Jennings and Lewis left.

With the current roster of the Bulldogs, I just can't see how they would be able to match or increase the salary of Morris in the same way we could not find salary cap to recruit his brother.

Yes we have a good 6 and 7 and we also have a top class 1, 2 and 5 if we play Dugan at fullback.

Our centres and a large qty of forwards are below the level needed to be competitive in the NRL. You can't have a team of the most highly paid in every position so we need to rely on some cheaper young players to fit within the cap. I beleive promoting Runciman and Mata 'Utai is a good move in the right direction. Cleaning out some non-performing forwards and replacing them with young juniors with potential (in the Cutters) and recruits from the ESL or NZ Rugby might be a short term answer to the forwards problem.

Above all else we need good coaching staff and a good Board and Club administrators. These people actract good players and are able to deal with them and their managers in a professional way. The right people may also turn around the financial fortunes of our Club.

In my opinion the Club made a big mistake in appointing Mary for three years. It is also my opinion that the members eligable to vote for Board positions should deliver us a clean-out next time round. However, there is really nothing we can do except lay blame where it belongs in a loud and forceful manner.

Last edited:

The Nick

Bench
Another pathetic attitude. Deferring the right to an opinion simply because you aren't an insider. Craig Coleman was a club legend at Souths. Didn't prevent him being a royal clusterf*ck of a coach.

Well you've completely avoided answering the question, so I can only assume you know nothing.

Moving right along now.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
i'm a broncos fan, but i like the idea of 1 club players so it would be disappointing if morris left. when i think of the dragons i think of bmoz. he's still one of the best wingers in the comp and one of the best finishers i've ever seen

i hope for you guys these are just rumours and he stays

grouch

First Grade
Well you've completely avoided answering the question, so I can only assume you know nothing.

Moving right along now.
Actually, you're simply building a strawman argument to avoid the real issue. Please do move along now