What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strong rumour.. BMoz, gone

Slippery Morris

First Grade
If Dylan Farrell and Beale are being moved on then it's probably to free up cash to keep Bmoz. From a marketing point of view losing Morris will be a disaster. He is one of the drawcards to the club. 1 of their Marquee players. Sponsors would surely be demanding he stays at all costs you would think.

Surely with Mullholland coming in Mary won't be making those decisions on his own. Mullholland will sort the mess out.

Stop jumping to conclusions and wait to see what happens.

grouch

First Grade
If Dylan Farrell and Beale are being moved on then it's probably to free up cash to keep Bmoz. From a marketing point of view losing Morris will be a disaster. He is one of the drawcards to the club. 1 of their Marquee players. Sponsors would surely be demanding he stays at all costs you would think.

Surely with Mullholland coming in Mary won't be making those decisions on his own. Mullholland will sort the mess out.

Stop jumping to conclusions and wait to see what happens.
Why would we need to free up cash - Morris is under contract.

Whatever happens Jubileeboy will tell us it was a great decision and we should all remain calm and stop being stalkers

jenninga

First Grade
This is an honest question ,not having a dig ,do you see Marshall as long term ?

You also forgot to put AH mau in the mix:D

There aren't any 7's atm,so Benji gives us experience till the next half is found.
Hopefully the club will identify a promising half who can take over Benji eventually.

Jubileeboy

First Grade
Why would we need to free up cash - Morris is under contract.

Whatever happens Jubileeboy will tell us it was a great decision and we should all remain calm and stop being stalkers

Or what? Listen to your fkn dribble?
Your comprehension skills are as limited as your football club knowledge.
"Great decision"....??
Unless you are able to provide any information that points to the polar opposite of what other more knowledgeable posters have written, don't bother us with your dross. Your negative posts are boring, lacking of substance and repetitive. Surely with your magnificent wit, acute business acumen, outstanding communication skills and great understanding of the intricacies of the game and our club, you must be a better alternative to take over the show? Your superiority complex is dulling the senses of those that visit this forum.
No one is pretending to think all is rosy but most can see there are concerted efforts to make appropriate changes.
You have nothing, know nothing and are treated with the respect you deserve....none whatsoever

bottle

Coach
You go Jb.
I'll have a guess at what you're dealing with and wish you all the best, but I think you're wasting your time. Only one way to prevent the hijacking.

As for the issue in question, for now the crux of the matter sits in the thread title, with 'rumour' being the operative word. The source is the same shit rag that tried to convince us that PD ordered Premiers T shirts in 09. I'm sure the usual suspects engaged in the bleatathon then as well.

If Brett leaves it will be tragic for us as fans, but not for lack of effort to retain him I'm sure. It will be his decision, one he is entitled to make. He can't be forced against his will to stay.

As for it being the end of the world and a mass player exodus, ffs the Sharks are a rabble on a consistent basis and yet continue to sign name players despite a lack of sponsors, or even a permanent CEO at times for that matter. It's one individual, a valued one, but just one. Keep the razor blades in the drawer for now. They'll still stay sharp for later on.

grouch

First Grade
If Brett leaves it will be tragic for us as fans, but not for lack of effort to retain him I'm sure.
Foolish. Why are you so sure enough effort is made? What indication has been given by the club in the last 3 years that they make sufficient effort to accomplish anything at all? This faith is completely unfounded. Foolish
As for it being the end of the world and a mass player exodus, ffs the Sharks are a rabble on a consistent basis and yet continue to sign name players despite a lack of sponsors, or even a permanent CEO at times for that matter.
Wow. So this is what we are reduced to nowadays. Comparing ourselves to the Sharks. As long as we can still troll Cronulla fans we'll be happy huh? I'm sure Jubileeboy feels this way. What a sad state of affairs

The Nick

Bench
Foolish. Why are you so sure enough effort is made? What indication has been given by the club in the last 3 years that they make sufficient effort to accomplish anything at all? This faith is completely unfounded. Foolish

Wow. So this is what we are reduced to nowadays. Comparing ourselves to the Sharks. As long as we can still troll Cronulla fans we'll be happy huh? I'm sure Jubileeboy feels this way. What a sad state of affairs

Dude did Jubileeboy steal your girlfriend or something? What is your obsession with him?

grouch

First Grade
This is the only thing you've written that I agree with
Maybe we can share a beer at a home game at ANZ Stadium next year, when we host the Bulldogs in front of 16,000 fans (2k of them ours), and as Benji Marshall leads our boys into the sheds in their novelty-movie tie-in jerseys sponsored by Wentworth Williams Accountancy to talk to straight-shootin' supercoach Mary at fulltime after a Morris twins combined double hat-trick consigns us to our 6th consectuve loss, we can all wistfully make a toast to god, thanking him for the Cronulla Sharks

Mr Red

First Grade
Maybe we can share a beer at a home game at ANZ Stadium next year, when we host the Bulldogs in front of 16,000 fans (2k of them ours), and as Benji Marshall leads our boys into the sheds in their novelty-movie tie-in jerseys sponsored by Wentworth Williams Accountancy to talk to straight-shootin' supercoach Mary at fulltime after a Morris twins combined double hat-trick consigns us to our 6th consectuve loss, we can all wistfully make a toast to god, thanking him for the Cronulla Sharks

or praise Allah... considering it will be a dogs home game either way...

jenninga

First Grade

Perhaps if you bought JB a beer instead of sharing one,he may take up your offer.:D

Gold.

Since we are on the subject of clearing out the deadwood in the club maybe we should be clearing out those fans who have been most vocal in supporting what has been a very ordinary period in the clubs history. i refer to has-beens like Jubileeboy (he was so far up Price you could just see his shoelace sticking out) Fans like The Nick need not apply as well. We need some new mongrel in our supporters to get things done. Keep on their case grouch

Jubileeboy

First Grade
Since we are on the subject of clearing out the deadwood in the club maybe we should be clearing out those fans who have been most vocal in supporting what has been a very ordinary period in the clubs history. i refer to has-beens like Jubileeboy (he was so far up Price you could just see his shoelace sticking out) Fans like The Nick need not apply as well. We need some new mongrel in our supporters to get things done. Keep on their case grouch

:lol:

Jubileeboy

First Grade
Anyway, all attacks aside, this BMoz issue is going to come to a head soon. Imagine you were the head of this company and a rival company offered your employee more money...much more.
Now I'm not siding with anyone here but here are some facts:
- BMoz is already the highest paid winger in the comp and has a year to run on his current contract.
- One current NRL winger that is playing semi finals is leaving his club at the end of this year as he has accepted an increased contract from $80k to $150k pa. He is extremely happy about this deal. He has scored 17 tries this season.
- Another current NRL winger also in semi finals contention has accepted an upgraded 1 year contract to $120k pa. No bonuses or incentives, a flat fee of $120k. He actually earned more this year with incentives and bonuses but was told in no uncertain terms, 'that's it -take it or leave it!' He has scored 9 tries this season.

So your prized employee is looking for a massive increase and to top it off, your other employee, his counterpart, is also on a large salary for his position.
There is no doubting their worth to your organisation but your organisation has weaknesses in other areas that, by all accounts, need strengthening and will require additional funding.
What do you do if you're the one making the decisions? Emotions need to be removed from making a sound commercial decision. What is best for your 'team'? What is required to assist your 'team' to be more successful than the previous years?
Oh...and just a little thing to keep in mind... At all times you require a full component of 25 team members and you only have a certain amount of money budgeted to spend but where do you spend the money?
What dollar value do you place on sentimentality for a favourite son?
I hope he stays, I really do. I'm torn just thinking about the possibility of losing him. But what if we could access a Woods, or a McGuire or a Scott in areas that would probably overall help your teams performance? And possibly for less money...
It's a rock and a hard place for me and the longer this festers, the less confident I am of keeping him.
Either way, supporters will scream blue murder but if what I've been told is right, this decision may be taken out of our hands anyway. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Rex Terp

First Grade
Those aren't facts. They are opinions.

And we pay management to influence outcomes, not just to be 'damned if they do and damned if they don't.' They need to sort it out, its their job.

Jubileeboy

First Grade
Those aren't facts. They are opinions.

And we pay management to influence outcomes, not just to be 'damned if they do and damned if they don't.' They need to sort it out, its their job.

Sorry, let me clarify without you being argumentative.

The top three items relating to players and salaries are facts. Is that better? :sarcasm:

Anyway, all attacks aside, this BMoz issue is going to come to a head soon. Imagine you were the head of this company and a rival company offered your employee more money...much more.
Now I'm not siding with anyone here but here are some facts:
- BMoz is already the highest paid winger in the comp and has a year to run on his current contract.
- One current NRL winger that is playing semi finals is leaving his club at the end of this year as he has accepted an increased contract from $80k to $150k pa. He is extremely happy about this deal. He has scored 17 tries this season.
- Another current NRL winger also in semi finals contention has accepted an upgraded 1 year contract to $120k pa. No bonuses or incentives, a flat fee of $120k. He actually earned more this year with incentives and bonuses but was told in no uncertain terms, 'that's it -take it or leave it!' He has scored 9 tries this season.

So your prized employee is looking for a massive increase and to top it off, your other employee, his counterpart, is also on a large salary for his position.
There is no doubting their worth to your organisation but your organisation has weaknesses in other areas that, by all accounts, need strengthening and will require additional funding.
What do you do if you're the one making the decisions? Emotions need to be removed from making a sound commercial decision. What is best for your 'team'? What is required to assist your 'team' to be more successful than the previous years?
Oh...and just a little thing to keep in mind... At all times you require a full component of 25 team members and you only have a certain amount of money budgeted to spend but where do you spend the money?
What dollar value do you place on sentimentality for a favourite son?
I hope he stays, I really do. I'm torn just thinking about the possibility of losing him. But what if we could access a Woods, or a McGuire or a Scott in areas that would probably overall help your teams performance? And possibly for less money...
It's a rock and a hard place for me and the longer this festers, the less confident I am of keeping him.
Either way, supporters will scream blue murder but if what I've been told is right, this decision may be taken out of our hands anyway. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Dude, actually I don't think it's that hard. He's under contract for 2015. He can do whatever he wants to get a better deal for 2016, and if someone makes him a better offer, then you might have to say "thanks for the great memories BMoz, but we're coming out of a shocking period of mismanaged transition and we're going to need that cap space to strengthen key positions and we've already lined up current SOO Player X and highly rated 22 year old Player Y".

But that isn't happening. What's happening is Morris wants to get out of his contract a year early because we've become a basket case. We've got nobody lined up to replace him, which means that our shit team is immediately a whole lot shitter. And the team that wants him and is one of our most hated rivals and we know that they're about one world class back away from being a genuine premiership contender in 2015.

The only way to avoid slipping further into basketcase-ness is to draw a firm line and say "Brett, you're not going anywhere until we've got your replacements in the bag and C****rbury, you can just f*** off and try and win the comp with Mitch Brown at fullback. Good luck with that."

Latest posts