What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strong Rumour

Auckland4ever

Juniors
Looks likes Vinnie's naivety has ended his Warrior career prematurely. Message to all other players... NEVER be honest with Warriors management. Tell them what they want to hear, nothing more, nothing less.

Typed out the Vinnie Anderson interview on radiosport this morning

Here it is

VA = Vinnie
TV = Vietch

TV Dis they ask you not to tour

VA Yes they said if i tour then my job at the Warriors would be in jeopardy

TV How hard was the decision

VA Pretty easy really there was no way that i will ever turn down a chance to play for the Kiwis

TV So when you get back to training with the Warriors after having some time off did you feel there was a different vibe from the management team towards you

VA Yeah i feel like there was. It was tough to come back from the tour they requested that we come back straight to training we were told that that wouldnt be the case before we went away on the tour so we were dissapointed with that. We meet them in the middle and we managed to get 12 days off so we were quite tired when we came back to training and during training we were always cast aside and on the outta fringes of the team.

TV Was this Lui as well

VA Yeah Lui started off their like all of us but u know we trained hard and tried to train real hard that they would force them into putting us into the team.

TV Your relationship with Kemp and Watson. Where is that at now. Your manager has come out and said you will never come back to the club while the current management is there and unless things change

VA All that aside i just wanted to train hard and play footie and im sure Tony Kemp would of supported me through my efforts at training and im sure i would of given him something to consider if i was selected for the trails andbeen given any opportunites during the season but i think Mick had other ideas for me

TV If u hadnt played the Kiwi tour do u still think you would be playing for the Warriors this season

VA I have no doubts

TV Does that dissapoint you

VA Yeah it is dissapointing but now im happy with the decision i have made and i wouldnt change it if i had to make the same decision again wheatheer to go on a tour or not

TV Thanks a lot Vinnie all the best in London

Then the host Tony Vietch said this is what Radiosport has learned in the last few hours

First Tony Veitch said radiosport had been told that

* The Warriors were angry with any player that chose to tour with the Kiwis for the Tri Series, They did all they could to convince every single player not to tour

* Kiwi players wernt given the time off they asked for and told they would get instead they split it down the middle

* All Warriors have had it in written into their contracts that they MUST put club before country

* Warriors management have the final say on who can play and who cant for the Kiwis

* All Warriors players were encouraged not to go on last years Kiwi tour to the Tri Series

* All Warriors were offered all expence paid trip to the Gold Coast for a few days if they came back to training early

This is all Mick Watsons doing. He has gotta go now

Sel Pearson was on after Vinnie and said they the NZRL are in big trouble if this is the case. Time for Mick to f**k off back to Australia

Got this from 1 of the papers over here

Anderson says he's sorry to be leaving Warriors
16 February 2005

The Warriors rugby league club have shown Kiwi centre Vinnie Anderson the door, at the same time preventing him from going to any other NRL club.

Anderson, 26, on Monday signed a three-year deal with the London Broncos and will fly out today to play Salford on Friday night England time, leaving his wife and two children behind.

He said he was unhappy he would not see out the remaining year on his Warriors contract and had been looking forward to playing with younger brother Louis, who has two years left on his deal.

"I'm sorry I'm not going to be at the Warriors," Anderson said yesterday.

"I didn't want to go. I had a very positive meeting with (club chief executive) Mick Watson in January and I told him I wanted to be part of the success I felt the Warriors would have this season.

"I was looking forward to learning from Ruben Wiki and Steve Price.

"Then three weeks later Watson came to me with a contract offer from Bradford, after Shontayne Hape did his knee, and advised me to take it.

AdvertisementAdvertisement"He said I might only get a couple of games this year and then I'd struggle to get another NRL club in 2006."

Anderson said he started looking around and on Monday signed with London, who have picked up a fistful of NRL players this season, among them former Warriors Mark Tookey and Thomas Leuluai, who was pushed out in similar fashion to Anderson.

Leuluai was told to look elsewhere but when Parramatta declared an interest in signing him, the Warriors stipulated that they would only release him to a Super League club.

Last April, Ali Lauiti'iti's commitment to the team was questioned, then he was punted out. He subsequently scored nine tries in 19 games for Leeds as they won the title. He also made the Super League `Dream Team'.

Warriors management had little to say yesterday.

At first Anderson's departure, announced by the Broncos overnight, was said to be at his request. He'd asked to be released.

Later in the day, when it became apparent that was not the case, there was no statement issued.

There was no response to Anderson's comments and there would not be any, club spokesman Richard Becht said.

Anderson said his participation in the Kiwi tour to England last season soured his relations with Watson. He is also close to former coach Daniel Anderson.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Great way to start off a season. Poor Steve Price, he can't help avoiding controversy. He'll be wondering what he has got himself into.

bayrep

Juniors
My feeling about management are well known. I had gone into this season in a positive frame of mind as they looked like they had pulled together for the good of the club. But this is the same shyt they were doing last year. Have they not learnt ????

I don't think we will know if the harmony in the club is any better until we get a few games into the new season. Until now I would have said that things were definitely looking good.

P.S. Nice article on the main page Iafeta.

playdaball

Bench
Sad thing ATM..

With the season about to kick off in around 1 month, 2 RL stories dominating the media:
1, VA scandl
2, Crackers taking the Storm to court

I thought that 2005 was going to be different!

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
RHYTHM AND STEALTH,

was on the money.

Shame for the club, but good for LU posters.

Well done dude.

JoeD

First Grade
* All Warriors have had it in written into their contracts that they MUST put club before country

Is it within International RL rules to write this into contracts?

Dirty Hoe

Juniors
wellington could use this to justify their inclusion into the nrl.

tickets to the anzac test are on sale too...$22 a ticket, bargain, if you are wanting to come over, feel free to crash at my joint :D