What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Summary?

Reyter

Juniors
Some weird posts on here lately.:sarcasm:

Sorry but these "mediocre is ok" trolls called me a fascist for stating that I think Hornby should make way for Stanley....... Kind of strange when you look at their complexions but that probably didn't occur to red-necks who have never been off the farm.

Minh

First Grade
Sorry but these "mediocre is ok" trolls called me a fascist for stating that I think Hornby should make way for Stanley....... Kind of strange when you look at their complexions but that probably didn't occur to red-necks who have never been off the farm.

To be honest with you Reytor I respect your opinion and that's what these forums are for but I think you had clearly made your point about Hornby making way for Stanley and just went on with it a little too far as in repeating it over and over again. As a fellow St George supporter I think we should just enjoy the journey the ups and downs of the NRL season and just have a little fun along the way.:)

Reyter

Juniors
To be honest with you Reytor I respect your opinion and that's what these forums are for but I think you had clearly made your point about Hornby making way for Stanley and just went on with it a little too far as in repeating it over and over again.

Well if you follow the trajectory of the thread, you will clearly see I stated my opinion and then all these "mediocre is ok" trolls started attacking my opinion and asking me to state the same thing over and over.

As a fellow St George supporter I think we should just enjoy the journey the ups and downs of the NRL season and just have a little fun along the way.:)

When the Dragons are playing as badly as they have been, especially in attack and especially over the last 2 weeks, it's not too much fun.

Cagey Mac

Bench
Well if you follow the trajectory of the thread, you will clearly see I stated my opinion and then all these "mediocre is ok" trolls started attacking my opinion and asking me to state the same thing over and over.

When the Dragons are playing as badly as they have been, especially in attack and especially over the last 2 weeks, it's not too much fun.

I think that the most mediocre thing here are your posts mate. The level of empirical evidence that you back up your ravings with in all but non-existent Your opinion of your opinion is IMO over reytered.
The link that I posted was from is altered when I post it but google "players ages nrl" first link is Zero Tackle. It's worth a look and frankly surprised me a little.
I have no problem with who you are, what you are, where you live or whatever but your aguments, whilst well articulated appear to me to be naive and irrational.
You appear to be otherwise intelligent but your vehemence in pressing your points isn't backed up by anything of substance.
Let's agree to disagree and move on

Last edited:

Minh

First Grade

I think your being a little too paranoid, sometimes people don't agree with what I say I just let it be.

We're still scoring tries, except for that Sharks game, we could of had another 3 last week too. The attack is not bad and will only get better doesn't help that we have injuries in the centres and in that hooker utility role. Sure there is room for improvement but it's far from doom and gloom. Go the Mighty Dragons!!!:cool:

MattYg1

Bench
224 posts and all of them about the exact same thing... WE GET IT MOVE ON!!!

Cagey you used the word "naive" and I couldnt agree more, Reyter do you truely believe that sacking Ben Hornby midway through the season because he doesnt produce an exciting enough brand of Rugby League wouldnt cause a backlash in the media, the fans and most importantly the rift it would cause between the players and the staff then you are kidding yourself.

The soft spoken and oft times lacking confidence Kyle Stanley rocks up to training and gets told your captain and leader and by all accounts your good friend Ben Hornby has been sacked for no apparent reason and your essentially taking his spot. That is not a position to put the future of your playing ranks into.

You have this fantasy in your head about how to run a football team that is just a ruthless and cutthroat instant success formula that is tant amount to hollywood villany.

What would your solution be should Hornby be dropped, Stanley take his place along side Soward and the kid is horrible (for the record I dont think over time that he would be) and the team becomes even more "mediocre" then they apparently currently are?

Ohh but I know I know... I am not a real dragons supporter and I am fan of mediocrity...

Reyter

Juniors
I think that the most mediocre thing here are your posts mate. The level of empirical evidence that you back up your ravings with in all but non-existent Your opinion of your opinion is IMO over reytered.
The link that I posted was from is altered when I post it but google "players ages nrl" first link is Zero Tackle. It's worth a look and frankly surprised me a little.
I have no problem with who you are, what you are, where you live or whatever but your aguments, whilst well articulated appear to me to be naive and irrational.
You appear to be otherwise intelligent but your vehemence in pressing your points isn't backed up by anything of substance.
Let's agree to disagree and move on

Thanks. That's not telling me much. I mean it shows clearly that 3 out of the Dragons top squad are among the 17 oldest players in the NRL and only 2 who are rarely in the top grade thus far are among the 40 or so youngest players.

Following the link you suggested and using that information it seems you are merely proving my point. Cooper is still playing well so no problem there. As for Fein, he has his moments but they are too fleeting for my liking. If he had 10 years left whether to go with him and/or Rein and/or King would make for a tough decision. As is, for me it would be no decision at all. Fein isn't a Dragons stalwart so no one should be upset if I call for him to be dropped.

Obviously what makes the "mediocre is ok" trolls so upset is that Hornby is the No.1 stalwart ever. There are 2 ways to look at this. Firstly that he should be afforded the opportunity to go out on his own terms. It's a nice sentiment but the team is mediocre. I subscribe to the theory that given he is the No.1 stalwart ever, he should have no problem stepping aside. Going back to park football to keep fit and then coming back if called upon.

When they had Boyd and Gaz in the backline the lack of creativity in the halves wasn't a major problem. Now it's a major problem which judging from the first 7 rounds, will see the Dragons lucky to make the top 8 and certainly not win the premiership.

Last edited:

Reyter

Juniors
224 posts and all of them about the exact same thing... WE GET IT MOVE ON!!!

Cagey you used the word "naive" and I couldnt agree more, Reyter do you truely believe that sacking Ben Hornby midway through the season because he doesnt produce an exciting enough brand of Rugby League wouldnt cause a backlash in the media, the fans and most importantly the rift it would cause between the players and the staff then you are kidding yourself.

The soft spoken and oft times lacking confidence Kyle Stanley rocks up to training and gets told your captain and leader and by all accounts your good friend Ben Hornby has been sacked for no apparent reason and your essentially taking his spot. That is not a position to put the future of your playing ranks into.

You have this fantasy in your head about how to run a football team that is just a ruthless and cutthroat instant success formula that is tant amount to hollywood villany.

What would your solution be should Hornby be dropped, Stanley take his place along side Soward and the kid is horrible (for the record I dont think over time that he would be) and the team becomes even more "mediocre" then they apparently currently are?

Ohh but I know I know... I am not a real dragons supporter and I am fan of mediocrity...

Now you are asking me the same thing again and will complain that I am stating the same thing if I address your question. Look back over my posts and you will see the answers to your questions and many more wonderful revelations:D. Of course it's noted that you are not saying Hornby shouldn't be dropped due to his form. This has come up over and over.

MattYg1

Bench
Now you are asking me the same thing again and will complain that I am stating the same thing if I address your question. Look back over my posts and you will see the answers to your questions and many more wonderful revelations:D. Of course it's noted that you are not saying Hornby shouldn't be dropped due to his form. This has come up over and over.

By all means avoid addressing the greater issues that would be caused by the sacking the teams captain and most capped player because he hasnt set up as many tries as you would have like...

Reyter

Juniors
By all means avoid addressing the greater issues that would be caused by the sacking the teams captain and most capped player because he hasnt set up as many tries as you would have like...

I have addressed this previously. If I do so again, you and others will denounce me for it.

big pat

Coach
i would like to know who the trolls are, i've only seen st george supporters posting in here.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Sorry but these "mediocre is ok" trolls called me a fascist for stating that I think Hornby should make way for Stanley.......
No, it's because you think your opinion is the only truth.

You rely on repetitiveness, even against those who may have some common ground with you. Your argument became boring and petty a long time ago. But you keep rabbiting on.

Why? Because you're an attention seeker.

You have my pity.