What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Summary?

Reyter

Juniors
Who are the halves and who is captain in your 2012 premiership contending line up?

7. Soward. 6. K. Stanley (a position in which he excelled in the juniors and in his one game in that position for St George). Cooper for captain and when injured, D. Young and when off the field, Hunt or Creagh.

Efresh

Coach
Drain, you got me, I didn't read the whole thread but I was more interested in who would be captain.

Reyter, would it be fair to say you don't think the job of captain is a particularly important one other than him being the guy who can talk to the ref?

Reyter

Juniors
Drain, you got me, I didn't read the whole thread but I was more interested in who would be captain.

Reyter, would it be fair to say you don't think the job of captain is a particularly important one other than him being the guy who can talk to the ref?

Important but a captain has to be playing well enough to be part of the team. If not, he should not only not be captain but shouldn't be part of the top team.

The Nick

Bench
Important but a captain has to be playing well enough to be part of the team. If not, he should not only not be captain but shouldn't be part of the top team.

ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzZZZZZZZzzzzZzzzzzZZZZZZZZ you are so boring. I'd rather talk about Prior with BBC all day than read this never ending bullshit.

Reyter

Juniors
ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzZZZZZZZzzzzZzzzzzZZZZZZZZ you are so boring. I'd rather talk about Prior with BBC all day than read this never ending bullshit.

Is anyone holding a gun to your head forcing you to read and reply to my opinions?

Prior was good on Friday night and usually is. Not so much as centre but as a centre on Friday he did well.

Efresh

Coach

I wasn't referring to Hornby I was a referring to your solution of having 4 part time captains.

Reyter

Juniors
I wasn't referring to Hornby I was a referring to your solution of having 4 part time captains.

Why would they be 4 part-time captains? Cooper has been spending more and more time out but not often Cooper and Young are out and I can't remember the last time Creagh was out excepting rep duty.

Efresh

Coach
Well your post said Cooper is first choice when fit (he hasn't played every game since god knows when), followed by Young when he is on the field (plays 60 minutes and is always a chance of having to miss a game with his knee), then Hunt (plays 60 minutes because he's a prop) and finally Creagh (the only one likely to play 26 games and 80 minutes each game).

If Cooper stays on the field for the rest of the year, then no issue with it but would you be willing to bet on that?

blacksafake

First Grade
Prior was WOEFUL

Can people just get off his back, i thought he was strong especially in defence.Dont forget he is a backrower who has been asked to play out of position by his coach.He saved one try with a one on one tackle on sau early in the first 1/2 & also helped contained uate pretty well also.He does a better job than scott everytime when asked to play there.Lets give him a chance once he is given the opportunity to play in his right position on a regular basis.On another note how tough & inspirational is young always prepared to take the tough hit ups coming off our line what a champ he"ll be a big loss.

Reyter

Juniors
Well your post said Cooper is first choice when fit (he hasn't played every game since god knows when), followed by Young when he is on the field (plays 60 minutes and is always a chance of having to miss a game with his knee), then Hunt (plays 60 minutes because he's a prop) and finally Creagh (the only one likely to play 26 games and 80 minutes each game).

If Cooper stays on the field for the rest of the year, then no issue with it but would you be willing to bet on that?

Yes, I would be willing to bet on that. At present this team will be lucky to make the top 8. This is unacceptable for St George in my opinion.

Reyter

Juniors
Prior was WOEFUL

Can people just get off his back, i thought he was strong especially in defence.Dont forget he is a backrower who has been asked to play out of position by his coach.He saved one try with a one on one tackle on sau early in the first 1/2 & also helped contained uate pretty well also.He does a better job than scott everytime when asked to play there.Lets give him a chance once he is given the opportunity to play in his right position on a regular basis.On another note how tough & inspirational is young always prepared to take the tough hit ups coming off our line what a champ he"ll be a big loss.

Prior is usually good but i thought he did excellent in the centres considering he is a forward. I still can't understand what Green has done wrong but I guess it's something I'm not privy to. In the absence of Green and C. Stanley I thought Prior did excellent.

redvwhite

Juniors
Surely surely surely cooper will be ready for our next game in a week and a half. He is always good vs roosters. Some of our other players should be back too.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I want the Dragons to win too much to just shut up about it.
Ah dude, we won and you're still unhappy.
Are you serious?
Yes, I am pretty sure we won.
Reyter said:
With the forwards and outside backs carving up the opposition like the Dragons were
Yeah, good to watch wasn't it? Of course we still have plenty of work to do in improving on that - I suspect the players and coach agree.
Reyter said:
any other team would have won by at least 30.
And any other team can have tries wrongly disallowed as well. Perhaps you missed the earlier discussion on this.

Would you have been happy with another three tries?

Reyter

Juniors
Would you have been happy with another three tries?

Of course I would have liked them to score another 3 tries but if memory serves me correct all 3 disallowed tries were from kicks so I still would have been critical. If it had happened just once I wouldn't care at all but this is an ongoing issue. To score 0 against the Sharks is disgraceful.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Two of the disallowed tries should have been tries and there was at least one definite bombed try.

Not all from kicks, at least one was. But your criticism of a try being scored from a kick sounds like you're looking for reasons to be negative. Bringing up the previous week's game is further indication of this. So there's little point debating if you're just going to run circles around your own argument while looking for something else to latch onto.

The point is, the attack was very good at times - the finishing was the issue. If there was more ref intelligence/commonsense and maybe a bit of luck, we may have put 30 on them. But that's football. Good teams still win even with bad ref calls and bad luck. The fact that the Knights were not thrashed was due more to good fortune than good managment.

It's the final execution that is under question. We won the middle of the ruck easily. If the forwards keep getting that right, then the big wins you seek will follow.

big pat

Coach
Two of the disallowed tries should have been tries and there was at least one definite bombed try.

Not all from kicks, at least one was. But your criticism of a try being scored from a kick sounds like you're looking for reasons to be negative. Bringing up the previous week's game is further indication of this. So there's little point debating if you're just going to run circles around your own argument while looking for something else to latch onto.

The point is, the attack was very good at times - the finishing was the issue. If there was more ref intelligence/commonsense and maybe a bit of luck, we may have put 30 on them. But that's football. Good teams still win even with bad ref calls and bad luck. The fact that the Knights were not thrashed was due more to good fortune than good managment.

It's the final execution that is under question. We won the middle of the ruck easily. If the forwards keep getting that right, then the big wins you seek will follow.

because we didn't beat a team like the cowboys thashing sydney, something is bad, some people are just cronic whingers.

Mr Red

First Grade
Nope. 100% Vidot's fault. No need for him to come in so far on that play. Misread.

i thought Vidot was put off by Prior sliding when everyone else was still coming forward. I think this created a huge hole in the line and thus Vidot was sucked into coming in in case a short ball was pushed..
either way VIdot was stuck, i guess the only thing Vidot maybe could have done better was simply follow the lead of the inside man and although Prior made a bad call to slide far too early, vidot should have followed suit ...

but like I said although i still think a bad call by Prior, i dont blame him entirely as Price shouldnt be playing him in the centres in the first place..

Latest posts