What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Summary?

Mr Red

First Grade
lol sorry Godz but that's just a catch and pass. Im all for Hornby but that was Scotts try completely

yep just a catch and pass - nothing good done by hornby there..
Scott did all the work..
reyter is correct..

st.phil

Bench
Prior was great on friday night - anyone mention that flick pass in the second half? Didn't think so.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
because we didn't beat a team like the cowboys thashing sydney, something is bad, some people are just cronic whingers.
I'm happy that we won despite things going against us. I can understand the frustration of missing out on tries. Must be frustration x10 for the players, but they kept their cool and came away with a win.

There would have been hell to pay if we lost in the last 10 minutes. We were definitely the better team on the night.

I'll take this winning feeling over a loss any day of the week.

TheRev

First Grade
A low-scoring arm-wrestle is 1 thing, that game was not, we physically hammered them for 80 minutes, practically camped on their try line, and if not for a video ref decision, it would have been a 2-point ball game.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
A low-scoring arm-wrestle is 1 thing, that game was not, we physically hammered them for 80 minutes, practically camped on their try line, and if not for a video ref decision, it would have been a 2-point ball game.
Which video ref decision? They had one disallowed (a 50/50), we had three disallowed (one should have been a try, one 50/50, one no try). If you're going to give them their try, at least two of ours were legit as well.

You're right, we hammered them. That's what we should be pleased about. The scoreboard does not give a true reflection of the game.

Last edited:

Reyter

Juniors
because we didn't beat a team like the cowboys thashing sydney, something is bad, some people are just cronic whingers.

If you can honestly tell me the Dragons attack when camped on the opposition line is fine, I will stop whinging. If they didn't have the personnel to trouble the top teams, I wouldn't whinge but I believe they have the personnel to be a very serious challenger for the title.

64 Dragon

Coach
i thought Vidot was put off by Prior sliding when everyone else was still coming forward. I think this created a huge hole in the line and thus Vidot was sucked into coming in in case a short ball was pushed..
either way VIdot was stuck, i guess the only thing Vidot maybe could have done better was simply follow the lead of the inside man and although Prior made a bad call to slide far too early, vidot should have followed suit ...

but like I said although i still think a bad call by Prior, i dont blame him entirely as Price shouldnt be playing him in the centres in the first place..

It was Boyd's cutout pass that did the damage. Prior was lined up on his opposite and Vidot was left with a rampaging Uate to handle. That close to the line it was going to be hard to stop him. The move by the Knights was a variation on our left side move we used ad infinitum under "master tactician" Wayne Bennett.

Father Ted

First Grade
If you can honestly tell me the Dragons attack when camped on the opposition line is fine, I will stop whinging. If they didn't have the personnel to trouble the top teams, I wouldn't whinge but I believe they have the personnel to be a very serious challenger for the title.

Fair enough. pick me your winning 17 in order Please.

Reyter

Juniors
Fair enough. pick me your winning 17 in order Please.

sure.
1. Morris 2. Vidot 3. Green/C. Stanley 4. Cooper 5. Nightingale 6. K. Stanley 7. Soward 8. Weyman 9. Rein 10. Hunt 11. Creagh 12. Prior 13. Scott 14. Young 15. Merrin 16. De Belin 17. King

I stand by my belief that this team is the best in the competition. Maybe a little light on props but Creagh, De Belin and Prior can all fill in there for 20-30 minutes per game. I think the only debate is over K. Stanley but he was great in that position in the juniors and in the only game he played there for St George. All I'm saying is that he should at least be given a chance because I think we all agree that the team as it is now isn't going to win the premiership.

Father Ted

First Grade
Interesting no Hornby or Fien . Bit skinny in the halves for mine and a big sacrifice in experience and leadership but I asked for your opinion so thanks for the honesty.

Reyter

Juniors
Interesting no Hornby or Fien . Bit skinny in the halves for mine and a big sacrifice in experience and leadership but I asked for your opinion so thanks for the honesty.

Cooper, Young and Creagh could all be considered veterans. The rest of the team apart from De Belin, Green and King are hardly rookies. How much experience do they need? I would bet that insofar as the number of first grade games the current team would be number 1 in the competition, probably by a considerable margin. Even the team I nominated above would be near the top if not on top in that department.

big pat

Coach

taking things a bit personal are you, i wasn't even refering to you, people whinge when we lose and they whinge when we win.

Cagey Mac

Bench
Improve Ben Creagh’s ball security and we score three more tries
If he scored every time he puts himself in position to do so he’d he the first million dollar player in the game.
Our forwards were brilliant and seeing Weyman cough his heart out when he came off underpinned the way that these guys are playing for each other
I watched the game three times, all without commentary
It was far from boring
Our defence was brutal
Our attitude was totally switched on
Good on Soward for kicking dead. It gave our forwards a break and allowed them to maintain the rage. When he did go short, he earned us a line dropout or put Newcastle under pressure
Morris was sensational and is easily one of the best three fullbacks in the country on current form.
Dan Hunt’s best game all year
Nighty was Nighty
The Hornby – Soward – Morris - Nighty try was IMO the promise of things to come and superbly executed.
Vidot is a metre eater
Rein was excellent
Fein played his part

The score flattered Newcastle
Well done Dragons, Well done Steve Price

KiamaSaint

Coach
Totally agree with you Cagey.

As for the Dragons first try, that wasn't Scott going over the top of Newcastle defenders, that was Scott hitting a fantastic line and Hornby taking the right option. Neither tackler hit Scott front on, although I would accept that Hornby hits the short man far too often.

Reyter

Juniors
Fair enough, everyone's entitled to an opinion.

But when you labour the point, (getting rid of Hornby, over and over and over) it becomes very tiresome to read.

Benny's probably finishing up at the end of this season anyway, so some people will get their wish.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/n...d-of-2012-season/story-e6frfgbo-1226326589427

No. It's a no-brainer this will be his last year but I still haven't given up on the Dragons winning the premiership this year. We all know the team as it was last weekend and so far this season don't have a chance of winning the premiership.

Cagey Mac

Bench
Totally agree with you Cagey.

As for the Dragons first try, that wasn't Scott going over the top of Newcastle defenders, that was Scott hitting a fantastic line and Hornby taking the right option. Neither tackler hit Scott front on, although I would accept that Hornby hits the short man far too often.

Agree with both points
Do you think that BH may lack faith in his long passing game?

jenninga

First Grade
If he scored every time he puts himself in position to do so he’d he the first million dollar player in the game.
Our forwards were brilliant and seeing Weyman cough his heart out when he came off underpinned the way that these guys are playing for each other
It was far from boring
Our defence was brutal
Good on Soward for kicking dead. It gave our forwards a break and allowed them to maintain the rage. When he did go short, he earned us a line dropout or put Newcastle under pressure
Morris was sensational and is easily one of the best three fullbacks in the country on current form.
Nighty was Nighty
The Hornby – Soward – Morris - Nighty try was IMO the promise of things to come and superbly executed.
Vidot is a metre eater
Rein was excellent
Fein played his part

Sums it up.

Elias1983

Coach
It was far from boring
Our defence was brutal
Nighty was Nighty
Vidot is a metre eater
Rein was excellent
Fein played his part

100% agree.

Our forwards absolutely hammered them, Snowden had his ass handed to him more than once. If you watched how we tackled we really hurt them and did not let go anywhere! We missed only something like 12 tackles.

Our attack will come. Especially when cooper comes back and puts a couple of games together.