What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sunday Roast

Brutus

Referee
Get rid of that clown andrew webster. what's with all these telecrap journos being projected as hard hitting league tv talents.

aads

Juniors
Erin Molan is a genuine league fan. Massive Raiders fan.

Hi Guys!:D

She doesn't need to bring -as do any other commentators - their personal barracking into the report

Where is Andrew Voss and the original concept of this show? - The replacements are OK but not a patch on this - which was the best show on RL tele ? Now every show - and i mean every show - copies the format of opinions on their shows - and most recently to get interest from "Scandal"

This show was a great show but it is like Pol Pot came in and wiped everyone's memory of it - i wonder if it was stand alone would people see the ratings slump?

As it is the roast and the SFS are stop/start and both dont get a natural rhythm going.

ohh well

Ads

redvscotty

First Grade
Channel 9 look like they are doing their 'best' to ramp up the coverage, giving southern states the footy at decent times on GEM, and then they do a complete 180 and f**k up probably the best thing they had going for them in terms of footy shows.

Clueless.

I could run Channel 9. Put the news on every night, today show ever morning, footy on fridays and sundays, and fill the rest up with 2 and a half men, big bang theory and ads! I would be a lot cheaper than the gooses running it now too!

whall15

Coach
Channel 9 look like they are doing their 'best' to ramp up the coverage, giving southern states the footy at decent times on GEM, and then they do a complete 180 and f**k up probably the best thing they had going for them in terms of footy shows.

Clueless.

I could run Channel 9. Put the news on every night, today show ever morning, footy on fridays and sundays, and fill the rest up with 2 and a half men, big bang theory and ads! I would be a lot cheaper than the gooses running it now too!

I would do a better job than the idiots running it atm, who the hell thought that Excess Baggage was a good idea.

Stagger Lee

Bench
Channel 9 look like they are doing their 'best' to ramp up the coverage, giving southern states the footy at decent times on GEM,

I suspect that is more to do with the Commission having a subtle word in CH9's ear about their legal obligations and how much they would claim if forced to sue CH9 for breaches of contract. :cool:

whall15

Coach
I suspect that is more to do with the Commission having a subtle word in CH9's ear about their legal obligations and how much they would claim if forced to sue CH9 for breaches of contract. :cool:

ARLC should sue Nine anyway, after the rights are finalised for another network.

They've been in breach of contract for what, five years?

docbrown

Coach
I would do a better job than the idiots running it atm, who the hell thought that Excess Baggage was a good idea.

There was an April Fools joke circulating yesterday that Excess Baggage was renewed for a second season. :cool:

betcats

Referee
Why would I room with that tosser? f**k your salary cap cheating scum of a club that pissed on the great game of rugby league and made the last 6-7 years an irrelevant joke.

Because you're like by far one of the biggest dickheads on this forum, f**ken abrasive prick.

whall15

Coach
There was an April Fools joke circulating yesterday that Excess Baggage was renewed for a second season. :cool:

I just can imagine the discussions at Channel Nine going something like this.

Person 1: We need a show we can strip at 7pm

Person 2: We already have the Celebrity Apprentice, The Block, The Voice and Big Brother so I think it is completely obvious that we do not have enough reality TV, how about another reality show.

Person 1: Well Seven are doing a cooking show and Ten are doing a fat people show.

Person 2: I know what we can do, a celebrity fat person show. The Biggest Loser is a mild success for Channel 10 so if we add some celebrities it will be ratings gold.

Person 1: Sounds good, who should we have on it.

Person 2: I think we should follow the following formula

A washed up D-Grade American celebrity
A singer
A singer that was on a reality show
A washed up Australian actress
Someone who nobody knows just like the agent guy on the Apprentice last year
An everyday person who became a celebrity
A washed up TV personality
A fat ex-sportsman

Person 1: That's gold right there.

2 weeks later

Person 1: That Excess Baggage is not doing well at all, somehow.

Person 2: I have an idea.

Person 1: What?

Person 2: Repeat every episode of the Big Bang Theory

Person 1: Another great idea.

whall15

Coach
It would surprise me by the end of the year if this is Nine's Friday Night lineup

7:00 - The Big Bang Theory RPT

The World's Number One Comedy (United States)

7:30 - Friday Night Football

Join Ray Hadley and the team for coverage of the Parramatta Eels vs the Melbourne Storm from Parramatta Stadium (Australia)

9:30 - The Making of the Big Bang Theory

Eddie McGuire investigates how the geniuses at CBS came up with this weeks hilarious storylines for the World's Top Comedy (Australia/United States co-production)

10:30 - Friday Night Football (Delayed)

Join Glenn Munsie and the team up at Suncorp Stadium for coverage of the Broncos vs the Raiders. (Australia)

Rugby League ends at 2am.

undertaker

Coach
I just can imagine the discussions at Channel Nine going something like this.

Person 1: We need a show we can strip at 7pm

Person 2: We already have the Celebrity Apprentice, The Block, The Voice and Big Brother so I think it is completely obvious that we do not have enough reality TV, how about another reality show.

Person 1: Well Seven are doing a cooking show and Ten are doing a fat people show.

Person 2: I know what we can do, a celebrity fat person show. The Biggest Loser is a mild success for Channel 10 so if we add some celebrities it will be ratings gold.

Person 1: Sounds good, who should we have on it.

Person 2: I think we should follow the following formula

A washed up D-Grade American celebrity
A singer
A singer that was on a reality show
A washed up Australian actress
Someone who nobody knows just like the agent guy on the Apprentice last year
An everyday person who became a celebrity
A washed up TV personality
A fat ex-sportsman

Person 1: That's gold right there.

2 weeks later

Person 1: That Excess Baggage is not doing well at all, somehow.

Person 2: I have an idea.

Person 1: What?

Person 2: Repeat every episode of the Big Bang Theory

Person 1: Another great idea.
Hahahaha! So true.

undertaker

Coach
It would surprise me by the end of the year if this is Nine's Friday Night lineup

7:00 - The Big Bang Theory RPT

The World's Number One Comedy (United States)

7:30 - Friday Night Football

Join Ray Hadley and the team for coverage of the Parramatta Eels vs the Melbourne Storm from Parramatta Stadium (Australia)

9:30 - The Making of the Big Bang Theory

Eddie McGuire investigates how the geniuses at CBS came up with this weeks hilarious storylines for the World's Top Comedy (Australia/United States co-production)

10:30 - Friday Night Football (Delayed)

Join Glenn Munsie and the team up at Suncorp Stadium for coverage of the Broncos vs the Raiders. (Australia)

Rugby League ends at 2am.

:lol:why would munsie be calling matches?

Brutus

Referee
Ken Sutcliffe on the 'Roast' today...ffs

Then they move Freddy from the Footy Show set to the Roast set.

Does 9 even care anymore?