What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sunday Roast

Feej

First Grade
And TK - I thought that arse was gone. Waiting for the usual "Kick the Sharks out" from him.

Hanscholo

Bench
Wtf kenny sutliffe with fkn terry kennedy. f**k you annoying merkins. Wat a bunch of wankers. I turned over and watched the geelong st kilda afl gf replay.

Bretto

Bench
Guys, long time reader, first time poster. I had to sign up to post in here.

I, like most of you I'm sure, was once a great fan of the Sunday Roast. Last year I worked every Sunday, so I bought a TV tuner card for my PC specifically to record the Sunday Roast, then watch it with a beer when I got home. I loved it. Vossy was funny and quirky and made some good points, MG was... MG, Gould was insightful at times, then lost the plot at MG at other times, and TK was the smarmy little kid in the corner that yelled a lot and repeated himself to get his point across. It was a good recipe for an entertaining show. I enjoyed the serious debate and analysis of the game too, which I found the Sunday Footy show to be lacking in.

This year I'm afraid, after watching it for 5 minutes in the first episode, I thought, "Wtf have they done here? What's this shit?" No Vossy, no MG, no Gould. Cue Tim Gilbert and co - Uhhh... Seriously? I literally couldn't even watch it! I haven't bothered to tune in to an episode this year again, until today...

Well... Obviously I wasn't missing out on anything. If I heard Tim Gilbert say, "Sexy eyes", then Brad Fittler repeat it one more time, I think I would have given myself a serious uppercut to dull the pain. The obvious joke in the "lookalike" segment from Ken Sutcliffe, "No no, Reece Wesser is on the left, clearly - yeah, he's on the left. No guys, Reece Wesser is on the left!" Same joke about 3 times and guess what? It didn't get funnier.

They've dead set ruined my favourite show on TV.

Last edited:

BunniesMan

Immortal
The roast would be better if it was just Erin Molan and Bryan Fletcher talking to each other for an hour. I can't believe how quickly it's gone to shit.

Mr Fourex

Bench
Ken Sutcliffe on the 'Roast' today...ffs

Then they move Freddy from the Footy Show set to the Roast set.

Does 9 even care anymore?

They have to be taking the piss........

or resigned to the fact that they won't have the TV rights soon and are sending out a big fu*k you

To their credit....I'm not sure there's been a collection of bigger turds put into one show before today

Gilbert, Kennedy and f*cken Kenny Sutcliffe........?

FMD !!

butchmcdick

Post Whore
Yeah tuned in today for the first time in a while and it sucked harder than Linda lovelove.

It seemed to be Gilbert coming up with bullshit ideas and the rest of them telling him said ideas suck balls

jonno_knights

Juniors
The first three items today were straight from page 1 of this nrl subforum haha.]

Corey Parkers Hair
Matt Gilletts Field Goal
Fafita's Tigers Comments

Easy job being a researcher/analyser on that show.

Didgi

Fairly sure the Fifita thread only arrived after they were played on the Footy Show/Roast.

jonno_knights

Juniors
Fairly sure the Fifita thread only arrived after they were played on the Footy Show/Roast.

Yeh, arrived after the post-game interviews from the Saturday Wrap on the Sunday FS, was always an obvious topic of discussion so I might be clutching as straws with that one to make my story sound better, but the CP hair was interesting seeing they interveiwed JWH with a similar cut. haha.

Mr Fourex

Bench
The first three items today were straight from page 1 of this nrl subforum haha.]

Corey Parkers Hair
Matt Gilletts Field Goal
Fafita's Tigers Comments

Easy job being a researcher/analyser on that show.

Thought exactly the same thing

......also the 18th man item was from here

and

the Langer critic

was taken from the Merge forum

Indeed hard work being a researcher for Ch9......wonder who it is?

BunniesMan

Immortal
Ya got me. I'm a channel 9 employee.

Pfft. If it was me I'd be doing a lot better job than whoever is doing it now.

Latest posts