What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sunday Roast

Perth Red

Post Whore
typical, waited for years to be able to watch it and when they finally show it in perth they change it and make it 5hit!

TeamSatan

Juniors
Watched it first time this year.....really cant find any legal words to describe how bad it is.

Which idiot at nine is responsible for this rubbish...Bet his rich dad got him the job.

bobmar28

Bench
What has happened to the Sunday Roast? It is now as boring as bat shit. Tim Gilbert? Ken Sutcliffe? Where's Vossy.... and MG FFS?

Bretto

Bench
Cant believe how its gone down the girgular

Sort of stuff we miss

Fantastic! That's what I miss! They can go straight from that, to the next segment being serious Football analysis, with good insights from Gould. That's what made the show great.

slipperykinchela

First Grade
I expressed my displeasure to sexy eyes on twitter.

The show is a complete & utter joke, 9 are trying there best to lose the rights.

jbl31649

Juniors
So funny on todays show.

Paul K*nt and Gilberts grapes were complaining about how clubs have media bans and this practice show be banned and a complete open access to the players should be the norm etc.

Then the show continued and they talked about shoulders charges. Both Back Door Benny and Mad dog (the 2 former players), say keep in the game with no penalties because a crowd favourite.

P K*nt says nope the rule must be change to more stringent punishment for Charges to the head...

Advertisment Break.......

After the break they talk about attacking teams purposely kicking the ball dead. Benny offere some suggestion, but P K*nt raises his voices and says leave it as it is. He continues by saying NRL has to stop changing the rules and leave it as it is etc...(Um P K*nt so penalizing shoulders charges isn't a rule change).

How can anyone take these rubbish Journo's seriously when they can't even remember statements they said 5 minutes ago. No wonder coaches have media bans!

nqcowboy87

Bench
its crap now that johns, geyer and voss have gone, i find gilbert to be a bit irritating and elias is a clown, only seen it for the first time this year whats the setup again

Once Dead

Bench
I expressed my displeasure to sexy eyes on twitter.

The show is a complete & utter joke, 9 are trying there best to lose the rights.

The show is a joke....what is with this switching between sets? What show am I watching? The Footy Show? The Roast? It's all too confusing.....what's even worse is when they rehash jokes / lookalikes from Thursday Footy Show....even Kent didn't find it funny.

Get Langmack, Mason and Sailor on there.....hell, Raudonikis too!..it would be a self-promotion fest and Tommy would smash them all....it would be as funny as anything

I do reckon Mason should get a gig....his penchant for humour and controversial statements would be brilliant hahhahahaha

Once Dead

Bench
its crap now that johns, geyer and voss have gone, i find gilbert to be a bit irritating and elias is a clown, only seen it for the first time this year whats the setup again

Gilbert is trying waaaaaaaay too hard....he isn't funny and definitely not an anchor

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Kent and weidler, from the blacktown upstairs school of journalism?

Both are abysmally bad and contribute nothing of valid significance to the nrl.

Notell

Juniors
There were two occasions on today's episode where there was a threat that something interesting was to be said, once by Kent and once by McDougall. Both were promptly shut down by Gilbert cutting in and flying to an advertisement. Gilbert though is merely the instrument in the shame of today's commercial television; he was obviously reacting to a producer instructing he go to a break in order to comply with the tight-fitting schedule demanded by Channel 9's deals with their clients / advertisers. That is the problem with the Roast, for the guests would each be fantastic value if allowed to speak freely without constraint.

Can you imagine Rex Mossop cutting off Col Pearce, Noel Kelly or Alan Clarkson because the allotted number of seconds predetermined for each segment had run out? Sportsworld was also on a commercial nework, but 30 years ago shows were about pleasing the viewers, not number-crunching bean-counters and executives whose greed is only matched by their incompetence.

Mr Fourex

Bench
Tim Gilbert's a try hard.....CH9 have thrown him the keys and told him to lock up when he's done

Massive fail

Hadley and Gilbert have to be for mine THE most annoying of all CH9 RL media identities at the moment.

and a huge LOL at Gilbert and Kent for whining about getting more media access to the teams and the players. If it wasn't for media whores like Weilder and Slothfield and merkins like Kent and Gilbert

maybe they'd already have it.

Laughed when Elias said "how about when a reporter comes across as a smart arse to a young kid when interviewing him" and immediately Gilbert shut him down.

You suck Tim Gilbert.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Elias answer on Perth team was dead set embarrasing. There are a dozen good reasons for the next expansion team to be Perth, AFL isn't one of them! It showed his shallow knowledge of the game here and what is happening on the ground.

Latest posts