What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sunday Roast

Mr Fourex

Bench
Elias answer on Perth team was dead set embarrasing. There are a dozen good reasons for the next expansion team to be Perth, AFL isn't one of them! It showed his shallow knowledge of the game here and what is happening on the ground.

Agreed. Seemed to be reaching for something to say....

bobmar28

Bench
That show has gone to shit without Vossy. It's so bad that I stayed with the Nascar which was live. Ambrose 11th? (I missed the end).
The crowd there....about 160k.

lockyrulz

Juniors
That show has gone to shit without Vossy. It's so bad that I stayed with the Nascar which was live. Ambrose 11th? (I missed the end).
The crowd there....about 160k.

I agree, but it was boring with Vossy there a lot of the time as well. The whole show used to be.

First half hour - Whinge incessantly about every incorrect decision a ref made between Friday and Sunday.

Secondhalf hour - Watch Geyer, Gould and whoever else be self indulgent and piss fart around.

I don't know about anyone else, but it's the political stuff around the league that interests me. Where will the NRL expand too? What is going on at the clubs? etc etc. Last Sunday was interesting for about 30 seconds when they talked about Perth and the West Tigers, both of which that twat Tim Gilbert cut off so they could go to an add break or talk about something as boring as batshit.

Yoda

Juniors
Does anyone have a comparison of last years ratings compared to this year? Surely the number of viewers watching has dropped dramatically?

RedVDave

First Grade
I like Adam MacDougall's contributions and he speaks pretty well the rest though offer nothing IMO.

Brutus

Referee
I agree, but it was boring with Vossy there a lot of the time as well. The whole show used to be.

First half hour - Whinge incessantly about every incorrect decision a ref made between Friday and Sunday.

Secondhalf hour - Watch Geyer, Gould and whoever else be self indulgent and piss fart around.

I don't know about anyone else, but it's the political stuff around the league that interests me. Where will the NRL expand too? What is going on at the clubs? etc etc. Last Sunday was interesting for about 30 seconds when they talked about Perth and the West Tigers, both of which that twat Tim Gilbert cut off so they could go to an add break or talk about something as boring as batshit.

good post, especially the final par. the real issues aren't talked about enough. i guess things like how much ch 9 and news ltd habe been rorting the game for aren't going to be freely discussed on nein or fox.

undertaker

Coach
something that I wasn't aware of until only last week: Paul Kent played one first-grade game for Parramatta (as halfback in 1989, and Parra beat Norths 30-6). He must've been filling in for Sterlo that match, but nevertheless, I'm quite surprised

Last edited:
They're talking about Sandow and his alleged pay cheque and TK comes out with this gem

"You never hear what Billy Slater is on. You never hear what Cam Smith is on"

Probably because we don't know which contract is legitimate? Idiot. TK ruins the Roast, absolute muppet.

Big_nick

Juniors
First time watching it this year.. I Cannot stand Gilbert and TK on this show. Makes it hard to watch.
Bring back Vossy.

Tim Gilbert has nfi, the show is farked

One of the best things about Vossy last year is that he lets the show go of the rails for a moment every now and then. It seems Gilbert only allows 2 sentences from each panel member before cutting them off and moving to the next section. For this reason, Gilbert and TK are really rubbing against each other, TK is trying to make a point and half way through Gilbert all of a sudden butts in and tries to shut him up.