What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sunday Roast

lockyrulz

Juniors
I used to love watching it, but sitting through nearly an hour of Tim Gilbert I think I'm done with it tbh.

Brutus

Referee
i don't get your hate for Leila :?

To quote an earlier post of mine "I actually like Leila, but a football expert she's not"

I like her work on the Today Show and she seems like a really nice person.

But she is not a football expert and I think it's a joke that she was on the Roast today. It shows just how much the show has sunk.

I like that she gives RL a good wrap on the Today Show, but that's the Today Show.

The Roast should be a different kettle of fish.

Obviously you think she's a good fit for a RL panel show. Each to their own I suppose. Maybe Layne Beachley can get a gig next week. She likes league doesn't she? She'd gives us a great insight no doubt...

Brutus

Referee
Loved her work interrogating party boy Corey

"Take off those stupid sunglasses!!!"

Lol

That interview probably helped her get a gig on the Roast.

I wonder what Rachel Finch is doing these days. She should replace Gilbert as host.

Leaguelegend20

Juniors
Call Johny Howard in, he was a big Dragons fan, been on the stage many times on Grand Final day. Why not throw him in

Dresden Dan

Juniors
Leila has a weekly story on NRL.com so she is a league columnist & so why shouldn't that extend to the Roast too?

Hooch

Juniors
Leila McKinnon is an erudite and entertaining media personality who has earnt her place in the Rugby League media without the influence of nepotism.

Mr Saab

Referee
Leila has a weekly story on NRL.com so she is a league columnist & so why shouldn't that extend to the Roast too?

I want a league person on there who has been there done that. She is hot, but i still dont want her to talk about stuff she has no idea about

Lambretta

First Grade
I quite enjoyed the Roast today - I thought Leila McKinnon did a reasonable job and made a few interesting comments. She isn't an "in depth" expert, which this show needs, but she was fine for a one off

Adam MacDougall was actually pretty good today and got a couple of nice digs in.

TK is a twat - his squirming after his moronic comments about referees was woeful. He needed to put his hand up and admit he is a complete f**king c**k for his earlier comments, but he tried to justify them. Why can't people admit their mistakes? I'd have far more respect for them if they did.

As for the host, he was OK in his capacity, but he's not a patch on Vossy.

On the subject of Vossy - good to hear him call two games this weekend. Highly refreshing.

On balance though, the Roast is a long way short of what it was and a long way behind NRL on Fox. Matthew Johns, Mark Geyer, Warren Smith and Gordon Tallis do a great job on that show. It's the highlight of the league talk shows by far.

I'm interested in NRL Xtra on a Monday night. Will watch that tomorrow.

Latest posts