What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sunday Roast

beave

Coach
Its been rubbish this year, but still........... Its like bad sex, its still better than nothing. Fingers crossed this is their tanty reaction to the realisation that they're about to lose the rights to the cash cow they've used and abused for 20 years.

typicalfan

Coach
Just 9 showing their true colours. It couldn't have been hard to find Roast members. Hell, Sterlo, Joey, Freddy and Wolfman would have been enough, probably better than their usual panel.

Now is the time we start realising how bad they are for the game. Rivalry round right? what would be the harm of showing the 2003 GF on GEM or something in the lead up to the Panthers v Roosters. They just don't do enough to advertise the game. They use the game to promote shows like the Block, the Voice, Big Brother and any other number of shows but their promotion of League leaves alot to be desired.

Serc

First Grade
Yeah they suggested that there will be no Roast for the month ahead due to the olympics.

Also noticed in recent weeks that they have been splitting the injury report across 2 segments (one in the first 5 mins as per normal, and then the other an hour and a half later). Its the main reason I watch the Sunday Footy Show (gave up on the Roast six months ago - used to be my favourite RL show of the week) but now I just let it buffer on the PVR and speed through the lot at 1:45pm and watch less of the Sunday Footy Show than I used to. Smart move Nine...

Now today they had Molan announcing they were going to do their usual split on the injury report...but the 2nd half of it never appeared!

Amateur hour at Nine as per usual.

Goodbye and good riddance when they lose the rights.

Last edited:

Rabbitude

Juniors
Whoever was responsible for the massive changes to the Sunday Roast format should be sacked as they obviously have no idea what the league viewing public want.

The treatment and demotion of Andrew Voss this year has been a disgrace.

Canucks

Juniors
Whoever was responsible for the massive changes to the Sunday Roast format should be sacked as they obviously have no idea what the league viewing public want.

The treatment and demotion of Andrew Voss this year has been a disgrace.

I agree, they interviewed one of the Nine guys on the grill a month or so ago, they asked about Voss... The nine guy said that there is a pecking order and that Vossy is number 3 and that its a tough world and vossy has to realise that... Weird, maybe he's 3rd for calling games (2nd in my opinion) but why sack him from the Roast? Why sack him from 'things you may have missed?'

He was calling some gold coast marathon FFS, poor guy.... Maybe 10 will get him

All this for the statue call? come on

typicalfan

Coach
hopefully 9 lose the rights and Voss gets a gig at 7 or 10
Yep Karma at work here. Voss would be great at 10. Hadley made a big deal of the statue thing because he wanted to be the man to replace Rabs no doubt in my mind. Would be ironic if Voss, Moore and Caine call the footy on 10 and Hadley goes back to radio given they have all been understudies at some point.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
Yeah they suggested that there will be no Roast for the month ahead due to the olympics.

Also noticed in recent weeks that they have been splitting the injury report across 2 segments (one in the first 5 mins as per normal, and then the other an hour and a half later). Its the main reason I watch the Sunday Footy Show (gave up on the Roast six months ago - used to be my favourite RL show of the week) but now I just let it buffer on the PVR and speed through the lot at 1:45pm and watch less of the Sunday Footy Show than I used to. Smart move Nine...

Now today they had Molan announcing they were going to do their usual split on the injury report...but the 2nd half of it never appeared!

Amateur hour at Nine as per usual.

Goodbye and good riddance when they lose the rights.

Echoes my sentiments. Just finished skipping through the show, utterly shocking effort.

Stagger Lee

Bench
Its been rubbish this year, but still........... Its like bad sex, its still better than nothing.

Exactly - Just ruined my Sunday avo. I usually tape it and watch it later while babysitting

oh well I guess I will just watch the swans play instead ... *sigh* :?

Armageddon.

Juniors
You know you've got a shit show when it gets replaced by a documentary on the Cornish populations of South Australia.

Rabbitude

Juniors
I agree, they interviewed one of the Nine guys on the grill a month or so ago, they asked about Voss... The nine guy said that there is a pecking order and that Vossy is number 3 and that its a tough world and vossy has to realise that... Weird, maybe he's 3rd for calling games (2nd in my opinion) but why sack him from the Roast? Why sack him from 'things you may have missed?'

He was calling some gold coast marathon FFS, poor guy.... Maybe 10 will get him

All this for the statue call? come on

Well said mate.

It's obvious that someone at the network has a grudge against the guy.

The true reasons will probably come out one day.

I'm also amazed that Vautin and Hadley have been working together this year considering their long standing feud.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Nine are a rabble. Out of touch in a world where the consumer has the power.

Idiots. Like the recording industry, they no longer have any power, but still try and dictate. Their ego and culture are massively counter productive. Old blokes running the shows who the world has passed by.

Television is is just one form of visual media now, not the only form.

I hope they die.

berts_moustache

Juniors
Voss deserves a lot of respect in my mind for being part of the team who tried to encourage the same sort of affection for the game of rugby league as a whole as they have for AFL down south.

Before the Roast and Balls and All there was no program of worth covering rugby league in Sydney.

I think 10's the Game Plan is a worthy addition but i still want to see more. AFL fans are spoiled

Mr Saab

Referee
May as well not be. The show is crap, they dont roast anyone. Tim Tam Gilbert is a brown nose....prefer the classic games they showed for the past 2 weeks.