What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Supercoach 2012.

Geohood

Bench
I've got the biggest headache now trying to figure out the best team for both Supercoach and Dreamteam... this is my Supercoach one right now:

1. K. Stanley
2. D. Halatau
3. S. Mannering
4. M. Aubusson
5. T. Williams
6. T. Carney
7. A. Reynolds
8. S. Burgess
9. C. Smith
10. A. Blair
11. God
12. P. Gallen
13. S. Fensom

14. L. Tasi
15. J. Poore
16. B. Cordner
17. Z. Taia

Reserves:
Geddes
Austin
Rankin
Hunt
Sio
Hurrell
Moga
Tedesco

Arghhhh.. headaches..

Last edited:

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Final line-up for the Zombie Sewer Pigs

1. J. Tedesco
2. K. Horell
3. S. Mannering
4. J. Croker
5. M. Vatuvei
6. T. Carney
7. A. Reynolds
8. J. Graham
9. S. Burgess
10. A. Woods
11. P. Gallen
12. C. Parker
13. S. Fensom

14. A. Harrison
15. Z. Taia
16. J. Taumololo
17. D. Buderus

bails

Juniors
This league has about 7 spots left 233561 (Supercoach 2012).
Its mostly workmates,about four or five are serious.I won it last year(cartons=woo hoo) and need some extra competition.

(bumped)

2 Spots left,would like to fill it.

Cheers

aussies1st

Staff member
Been switching between going all out attack through Merritt and Uate or going more conservative with more consistent backs. Ended up going the latter letting me get better forwards.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Yeah good choice.

Personally I think Uate and Merritt are over-priced. They rely on trys for their scores and should have a dry period where you can pick them up cheaper during the season.

If you're going to lash out on an outside back, get Simon Mannering. An 80 minute backrower that you can play in the centres is too good to pass up.

Late mail is that Hayne is a chance to play tomorrow night. Not sure if I'll take the chance.

BrisVegas

Juniors
There is one new free space in the first SuperCoach league created in this thread back in post #29.

The invite code is 947441.

First In!

1. K Stanley
2. Linnett
3. Aubusson
4. Moga
5. T Williams
6. Carney
7. Reynolds
8. Cameron Smith
9. Waddell
10. Sam Burgess
11. Parker
12. De Belin
13. Gallen

Blake Austin
Jason Taumalolo
Corney Norman
James Tedesco
Boyd Cordner

That's all I've got with $1.4m remaining. Obviously some aren't playing though.

What do people think of Jamie Lyon at $274k? I like having goal kickers in the team and he's relatively cheap considering some of the other options who don't kick but is he worth it? I've never used him in a fantasy team.

Also, as a back up halfback how is Ben Hornby in fantasy? He's only $155k but doesn't look like much of a scorer. I'm tossing up between him and and Johnson for the halves because I don't really want to spend too much on the halves.

Last edited:

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
Got my team done

1. G.Widdup
2. S.Mannering
3. K.Stanley
4. S.Mills
5. M.King
6. K.Foran
7. C.Sandow
8. D.Buderus
9. C.Smith
10. S.Burgess
11. C.Parker (C)
12. P.Gallen (VC)
13. S.Fensom

14. A.Guerra
15. J.Tedesco
16. C.Hurrell
17. J.De Belin

18. C.Blair
19. K.Sio
20. K.Bromwich
21. M.Groat
22. J.Poore
23. A.Reynolds
24. J.Rankin
25. K.Lawton

Will probably switch it around a bit before kick off tonight. Still a bit undecided on my front row which could do with another big scorer.

edit: managed to get Burgess in up front.

Last edited:

Walt Flanigan

Referee
What do people think of Jamie Lyon at $274k? I like having goal kickers in the team and he's relatively cheap considering some of the other options who don't kick but is he worth it? I've never used him in a fantasy team.

Also, as a back up halfback how is Ben Hornby in fantasy? He's only $155k but doesn't look like much of a scorer. I'm tossing up between him and and Johnson for the halves because I don't really want to spend too much on the halves.

Jamie Lyon is a very handy SC player. Definitely one of my targets down the track. He floated around the 270K mark most of last year so the price is about right.

I don't rate Hornby at all in SC. My backup halfback is Jordon Rankin but only because he's starting at fullback at the moment and should run the ball a bit more. He's pretty useless in the halves. I think Adam Reynolds is a must for 87K.........he'll be this years DCE (made a packet off him last year). I wouldn't bother with any halfback that isn't a goal kicker. When I make a bit of money out of my cash cows, Thurston will be my first target. There's daylight between him and any other halfback in SC and his price has been known to get up to near 400K.

Thanks Walt.

$270k seems undervalued since he kicks goals, he's a good defender and is good for about 10 tries a year. Compare him to say SKD who is about $30k cheaper, he's good for 15-20 tries a year but also he is a constant mistake maker and at times has an awful defence.

Luke Walsh at $136k caught my eye though, that would leave me with $250k.

1. Norman
2. Linnett
3. Halatau
4. Aubusson
5. T Williams
6. Carney
7. Reynolds
8. Shillington
9. Smith
10. Sam Burgess
11. Parker - VC
12. Cordner
13. Gallen - C

14. Rein
15. Waddell
16. Taumalolo
17. Mateo

Poore
De Belin
Austin
Walsh
Stanley
Hurrell
Moga
Tedesco

I'm hoping the usual Gallen/Parker/Smith consistency outweighs the uncertainty of the rest of the team.

Lock n load for 2012.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
Just a quick question - is there any disadvantage to playing multiple hookers in the front row? I can't think of a scoring issue but I'm worried I'm missing something.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Yeah Lyon's best attributes in SC are goal kicking and try assists. He's consistent which is the best part. SKD was great when he had Carney putting him over the line all year in 2010 but definitely isn't worth this years price tag.

Croker is another consideration. Another goal-kicking centre who was up around the 280K mark in 2010 but dropped dramatically last year without Campese to run off. Obviously wasn't kicking as many goals last year either.

bails

Juniors
Jamie Lyon is a very handy SC player. Definitely one of my targets down the track. He floated around the 270K mark most of last year so the price is about right.

I don't rate Hornby at all in SC. My backup halfback is Jordon Rankin but only because he's starting at fullback at the moment and should run the ball a bit more. He's pretty useless in the halves. I think Adam Reynolds is a must for 87K.........he'll be this years DCE (made a packet off him last year). I wouldn't bother with any halfback that isn't a goal kicker. When I make a bit of money out of my cash cows, Thurston will be my first target. There's daylight between him and any other halfback in SC and his price has been known to get up to near 400K.

Walt, Jordan Rankin is named at five eight,are you expecting him to swap with Zillman?

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Cheers boys.

He played fullback in the trials and looks like I made a poor assumption.

Still might hang on to him. Not sure I like any of the cheaper options.