What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SuperCoach 2013

abpanther

Staff member
Yeah I'm in the FB group and plenty of people panicking after the Idris injury and performance of Don.

I've got some borderline guys that I need to upgrade but I'm starting to worry that I've left it too late. What are you guys planning to do with guys like ReRo, Greenshields, Moylan, Nofo, etc?

I feel like I need to bring Parker in if I wanna win a H2H comp as everyone has him, but man $450k for one players seems steep.

Also seems everyone is homing in on the same CTW keepers (Hodges, Lyon, Gillett,), this is just my first year but seems may be best to go for some other guys who may hit form in the back end (J.Morris, Jennings, Gagai)?

Also need to upgrade my halves. Kelly is a keeper but think it's time to ditch the other three who are quite mediocre (Marshall, Lui and Campese).

So many moves to make, not enough trades!!

Someone

Bench
i have accounts on both nrl dreamteam and the daily tele one, both will come down to the wire i think. Ultimately i need the roosters to play well tonight.

abpanther

Staff member
Thanks man

And thanks for your help throughout the season,you've been a big help to a noob

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Not even a high score from Lyon could save me. I might have been right if Hiku made it on to the field but wasn't to be.

Two Zeroes and a 3 with my only AE being Anthony Don (3)..........good times.

firechild

First Grade
1100 before updates. Good finish to a mixed weekend with Lyon, SBW and JWH having strong games. Not sure if Hiku gets an AE for sitting on the bench but it was Don anyway so makes no difference. Will win all games this week fairly comfortably.

Dogs Of War

Coach
JWH is a great pickup for people. BE 124 next week, then he has a bye and a potential BE of 64. He should also be then only $276K. He had a run before his suspension that he was averaging 75 or so. Silly me took him instead of Fifta at the time.

abpanther

Staff member
So best time to buy JWH is after the bye?

Any juicy keepers with a low BE for this week worth picking up?

Thinking of picking up Josh Morris and or Thurston

Last edited:

abpanther

Staff member
You guys reckon Kelly is a keeper or with Idris now gone will his production drop? If so better to sell him before his price drops right?

Dogs Of War

Coach
So best time to buy JWH is after the bye?

Any juicy keepers with a low BE for this week worth picking up?

Thinking of picking up Josh Morris and or Thurston

Morris is a hold. I was going to pick him up, but his form is just not their currently. Last year he had Barba running a lot onto that side of the field, it's just not happening this year. I pickup up Inu instead, and I'm not having both centres from the one team. I do wish Roberts would run to Gagai's side of the field more.

Thurston is a great pickup, but I'm thinking to put Mateo in at 5/8th, and bring in Gallen when he is ready into the forwards. I don't have enough trades to muck around too much.

Only made the one which was to downgrade Don to a non playing person to free up cash.

abpanther

Staff member
Morris is a hold. I was going to pick him up, but his form is just not their currently. Last year he had Barba running a lot onto that side of the field, it's just not happening this year. I pickup up Inu instead, and I'm not having both centres from the one team. I do wish Roberts would run to Gagai's side of the field more.

Yeah I just figure Morris' form will pick up at some stage.

It's interesting that most have Gillett, Hodges and Lyon in their CTW keepers, but not sure about the rest. Interesting that you went with Inu, haven't considered him. Have considered Gagai but like Morris, seems he's just not doing much. Seems Jennings is a keeper and seems very good value at $245k?

Thurston is a great pickup, but I'm thinking to put Mateo in at 5/8th, and bring in Gallen when he is ready into the forwards. I don't have enough trades to muck around too much.

I think I will pick up Thurston and run with him and Kelly as my halves with Lui and Benji as my reserves.

Only made the one which was to downgrade Don to a non playing person to free up cash.

Wouldn't you rather invest in a cheap roughie who at least can make you some money?

Dogs Of War

Coach
Wouldn't you rather invest in a cheap roughie who at least can make you some money?

No, cause I want to ensure that all reserves score well. A cheap rougie like Don can really hurt come finals team if someone withdraws late and he is your AE. Especially now Idris is out and not setting the bugger up. That said, I did pick up Mantellato who has only had the one game for the Knights, but you never know how that could play out. I had to waste about 8 trades at the start of the season to fix an issue that I created, and now I am paying the price for that as I really need to think what I can get away with.

Still have one major decision to go, and really if I should pull the trigger on it, whether Gurgress or Segegaro go for JHW, or I just stay with what I have. Gallen is coming in, and the money has been put aside for that. I will just watch the form of both of them in the next couple of weeks and let them decide what I need to do.

My current squad looks like this.

FRF
10. Luke, I
9. Farah, R
8. Smith, C
20. Segeyaro, J
21. Burgess, G
22. Graham, J
2RF
12. Williams, S
13. Mateo, F - Going to 5/8th to make way for Gallen.
11. Parker, C
23. Burgess, S
24. Sims, T
25. Williams, T
HALF
7. Kelly, A
19. Thompson, R
5/8
6. Lui, R
18. Campese, T
CTW
5. Nofoaluma, D
4. Inu, K
3. Chambers, W
2. Inglis, G
15. Loko, J
16. Gagai, D
17. Mantellato, J
FB
1. Barba, B
14. Moylan, M

I will upgrade backs after origin has finished and see what teams are hitting their straps.

Main thing is having lots of forwards so you can use them as your 4 reserves come finals time.

Last edited:

firechild

First Grade
JWH is a great pickup for people. BE 124 next week, then he has a bye and a potential BE of 64. He should also be then only $276K. He had a run before his suspension that he was averaging 75 or so. Silly me took him instead of Fifta at the time.

In light of this, I've traded JWH for Farah this week. Will hopefully be able to pick JWH back up in a few weeks when his price drops. I also traded Don for Mantellato to free up some cash. Just wanted to make sure the rookie I brought in was able to be switched between FB and CTW in case of injury.

Latest posts