What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SuperCoach 2013

Warmess

Juniors
Gillett -> Lyon. Freed up a lot of cash, so now I have the money to give Mateo the flick and upgrade to Parker after Origin.

Should have enough cash in reserves to get rid of Gurgess for Gallen too, need to make a strong run home.

abpanther

Staff member
No, cause I want to ensure that all reserves score well. A cheap rougie like Don can really hurt come finals team if someone withdraws late and he is your AE. Especially now Idris is out and not setting the bugger up. That said, I did pick up Mantellato who has only had the one game for the Knights, but you never know how that could play out. I had to waste about 8 trades at the start of the season to fix an issue that I created, and now I am paying the price for that as I really need to think what I can get away with.

Still have one major decision to go, and really if I should pull the trigger on it, whether Gurgress or Segegaro go for JHW, or I just stay with what I have. Gallen is coming in, and the money has been put aside for that. I will just watch the form of both of them in the next couple of weeks and let them decide what I need to do.

My current squad looks like this.

FRF
10. Luke, I
9. Farah, R
8. Smith, C
20. Segeyaro, J
21. Burgess, G
22. Graham, J
2RF
12. Williams, S
13. Mateo, F - Going to 5/8th to make way for Gallen.
11. Parker, C
23. Burgess, S
24. Sims, T
25. Williams, T
HALF
7. Kelly, A
19. Thompson, R
5/8
6. Lui, R
18. Campese, T
CTW
5. Nofoaluma, D
4. Inu, K
3. Chambers, W
2. Inglis, G
15. Loko, J
16. Gagai, D
17. Mantellato, J
FB
1. Barba, B
14. Moylan, M

I will upgrade backs after origin has finished and see what teams are hitting their straps.

Main thing is having lots of forwards so you can use them as your 4 reserves come finals time.

I must be stupid, I still don't get the idea of trading down to a non playing person. Must be because I don't really understand the AE thing, is an AE and emergency replacement should one of your players be out? Is it chosen randomly? If not wouldn't you simply ensure that it is given to someone that you are confident won't score a 0?

Your squad looks similar to mine in some areas. Are you happy to role with Lui into the finals? I'm thinking I need to upgrade there. Also still not sure if Barba can be a keeper come finals time.

Seems the backs score more randomly and you can upgrade them later on without huge amounts of cash required. I might do as you suggest and focus on my forwards.

This is what I have at the moment, any suggestions would be appreciated

FB
Barba
Moylan

CTW
Inglis
Nofoaluma
R.Robinson
Lyon
Greenshields
Loko
B.Williame

5/8
Kelly
Campese

1/2
Lui
Marshall

2RF
SBW
Fensom
Gillett
Harris
W.Graham
McGuire

FRF
Woods
S.Burgess
Segayaro
Merrin
J.Graham
R.Thompson

Thinking I need to get some of Parker/Gallen/Farah/Smith/Luke into this team

Got $214k in the kitty

firechild

First Grade
I must be stupid, I still don't get the idea of trading down to a non playing person. Must be because I don't really understand the AE thing, is an AE and emergency replacement should one of your players be out? Is it chosen randomly? If not wouldn't you simply ensure that it is given to someone that you are confident won't score a 0?

No. If you name a player that does not play, he will be automatically replaced by your lowest scoring non-playing reserve that actually plays. That means if you have 4 non players that score 45, 76, 82 and 3 as well as 4 that do not play, you will get the 3. If you had only 2 NPRs that scored 76 and 82 along with 6 non-players then you would get 76. Therefore it is better to have a couple of substitutes that score well rather than a bunch who score poorly.

Dogs Of War

Coach

Sometimes people like Parker will play but you know he is fighting to be fit to play, so you roll the dice cause if he plays he will score very well. But you don't get a chance to replace him before the game when he is ruled out (well when you find out), and then you get bloke like Campo or Don putting in one of those 5-25 point scores to replace him. It's the lowest scoring non-selected player who becomes your AE, so you need to get rid of those blokes who put those sort of scores up every couple of weeks.

Your squad looks similar to mine in some areas. Are you happy to role with Lui into the finals? I'm thinking I need to upgrade there. Also still not sure if Barba can be a keeper come finals time.

Lui has to go, but I can only change either him or Campo, undecided as of yet as the Raiders have heaps of home games and Campo may not be far from getting his confidence to run back, especially with the better weather coming on. Either way, the one I keep will only be a reserve and not expected to play. I am rolling the dice on Mateo and am going to play him at 5/8th as a point of difference. One thing you will notice is that most of the top sides have the same players, and thus you need to make sure those other players are going to perform for you.

Thinking I need to get some of Parker/Gallen/Farah/Smith/Luke into this team

Got $214k in the kitty

You will need at least 3 of those guys, maybe 4. Parker is the biggest must ever. Supercoach king.

abpanther

Staff member
Ah I see, thanks guys.

Makes sense then why you don't wanna have a complete dud on the bench :)

Gotta get rid of Williame then

abpanther

Staff member
Lui has to go, but I can only change either him or Campo, undecided as of yet as the Raiders have heaps of home games and Campo may not be far from getting his confidence to run back, especially with the better weather coming on. Either way, the one I keep will only be a reserve and not expected to play. I am rolling the dice on Mateo and am going to play him at 5/8th as a point of difference. One thing you will notice is that most of the top sides have the same players, and thus you need to make sure those other players are going to perform for you.

You will need at least 3 of those guys, maybe 4. Parker is the biggest must ever. Supercoach king.

Regarding Campo and Lui, which one is dropping in price faster? Doesn't that come into calculations?

Yeah I need to bring them in, starting to think I might bring them in at the expense of other gun forwards at similar price (e.g. Woods, Fensom) as they are just more proven performers and their price will only go up after Origin?

Dogs Of War

Coach
FB
Barba
Moylan

If I was to get rid of one, it would be Moylan and I would ensure that whomever I got in could play CTW/FB, then you might not even need to grab someone who plays, just move Inglis to FB.

CTW
Inglis
Nofoaluma
R.Robinson
Lyon
Greenshields
Loko
B.Williame

You will need to revist whom you keep here. Maybe JMorris is a good cheapie to bring in with heaps of upside and grab a known entity like Jennings. Greenshields and Williame need to go, I think the others are serviceable, especially Robinson who may have a lot of upside given all the home games the Raiders have, just be wary when they are playing away.

5/8
Kelly
Campese

Kelly is the keeper here, just depends on what you want to do with your halves. Don't forget that if you get rid of Campo, you can move Lui or Marshall as the backup to this position.

1/2
Lui
Marshall

You could move Segayaro here and play him as half back. Then you can upgrade one of your FRF's and give it some more depth. Segayaro is a good play in this position.

2RF
SBW
Fensom
Gillett
Harris
W.Graham
McGuire

McGuire needs to go, Gillett would be a better play in the backs (when trading out a back, just move him to the centres). Then you could get Gallen and Parker in here.

FRF
Woods
S.Burgess
Segayaro
Merrin
J.Graham
R.Thompson

Really if you move Segayaro to halfback and get in Smith and/or Farah I think you could be fine. The rest are good players anyhow. If you have the cash, R.Thompson could be replaced by JWH.

EDIT: Don't forget S Burgess can be moved to 2RF which would allow you to get in more FRF's

Last edited:

firechild

First Grade
Can anyone tell me Hiku's BE? With a low score last week and a 0 this week, his price will likely crash. Might be time to move him out.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Regarding Campo and Lui, which one is dropping in price faster? Doesn't that come into calculations?

Yeah I need to bring them in, starting to think I might bring them in at the expense of other gun forwards at similar price (e.g. Woods, Fensom) as they are just more proven performers and their price will only go up after Origin?

Campo will only go down another 10k or so. More worrisome is his horrible point scoring. Lui has been pretty consistent except for this week and has a BE of 64 this week. Only thing is that Lui adds more cash to your bank if you cash him out soon, which makes it easier to upgrade other positions.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Can anyone tell me Hiku's BE? With a low score last week and a 0 this week, his price will likely crash. Might be time to move him out.

BE is 84. Is he even playing now that B Stewart is back? He is due to go down $16K. I would be getting rid of him.

firechild

First Grade
BE is 84. Is he even playing now that B Stewart is back? He is due to go down $16K. I would be getting rid of him.

If he gets named on the bench, that could be $25k that he loses. If he doesn't play I'll trade him out next week, I'll have to keep an eye on it. Needed to get rid of Don this week too. Greenshields is next on the list.

Edwahu

Bench
Its tough to win games without Parker at the moment. I lost last week just because I didnt have him.

Anyone know any good cheapies that popped up this week? I got R.Thompson last week and have Sami S. It seems the cupboard is pretty bare otherwise.

Dogs Of War

Coach
James Roberts is only 100k and scored alright last week, wouldn't he be going up?

He is due to go up 24K with a 48 point haul. If he does that again, he goes up another 24K (so 48K all up).

Most players are on a downturn, which is good for a lot of us to improve our squads. Just how many trades you have remaining is the problem.

HowHigh

Coach
Traded Don to a nuffy and turned Idris into Inglis with 85k left over
9 trades left..all I need to do is bring Smith back in rd 20 and also Parker, happy with my team besides that.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
I went Idris to Inglis and Sue to Fensom. 8 trades left, $22k in the bank

Since Don and Hiku aren't playing this week I'll wait until next week I'm hoping they're not late inclusions and do a double nuff downgrade for them to free up some cash.

Will only have 7/8 players for round 18 so I will eat a massive loss there. Maybe I'll get lucky and Hiku will play round 18.

Latest posts