What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SuperCoach 2013

abpanther

Staff member
If I was to get rid of one, it would be Moylan and I would ensure that whomever I got in could play CTW/FB, then you might not even need to grab someone who plays, just move Inglis to FB.

You will need to revist whom you keep here. Maybe JMorris is a good cheapie to bring in with heaps of upside and grab a known entity like Jennings. Greenshields and Williame need to go, I think the others are serviceable, especially Robinson who may have a lot of upside given all the home games the Raiders have, just be wary when they are playing away.

Kelly is the keeper here, just depends on what you want to do with your halves. Don't forget that if you get rid of Campo, you can move Lui or Marshall as the backup to this position.

You could move Segayaro here and play him as half back. Then you can upgrade one of your FRF's and give it some more depth. Segayaro is a good play in this position.

McGuire needs to go, Gillett would be a better play in the backs (when trading out a back, just move him to the centres). Then you could get Gallen and Parker in here.

Really if you move Segayaro to halfback and get in Smith and/or Farah I think you could be fine. The rest are good players anyhow. If you have the cash, R.Thompson could be replaced by JWH.

EDIT: Don't forget S Burgess can be moved to 2RF which would allow you to get in more FRF's

Took your advice, got rid of Moylan for a FB/CTW (Roberts) and got rid of Greenshields (moved Gillett to CTW) and brought Parker in

Next week I move Williame for a non playing person so I can move Segayaro into HFB for Lui and then upgrade FRF with Smith or Farah (if I have the $$)

Would it be too risky to have Ray Thompson as your start HFB? He is playing 80 mins now at hooker and averaging around 50

abpanther

Staff member
Just having a look at some player stats, just some random comments from a noob, please feel free to tell me I'm an idiot and why :)

Isaac Luke: Seems he's strongly considered a keeper, yet he only averages 61.20 and has a whooping price tag of $335,100, doesn't seem like particularly good value when you can get FRFs who average the same and are plenty cheaper like Tolman ($297,000) and Segeyaro ($276,600)?

Greg Bird: Don't hear much about this guy but he's averaging 61.46 (including a stellar 80 in his last game) and his price tag is only $266,900. Seems like good value and he can also slot in to 5/8

James Maloney: The guy averages 65.38 at a modest price tag of $278,200, how is that not great value compared with guys like Jonathan Thurston (Avg - 65.77, Price - $301,200) and Albert Kelly (Avg - 63, Price - $320,300)?

firechild

First Grade
Bird is a good buy if you can't afford someone better. Luke was not playing 80 minutes early in the year so his average is down but now at 80min, he is scoring as well as anyone. Maloney was awesome early in the year but has gone quiet. If he can find that same form post-origin, he could be a great buy.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
Isaac Luke: Seems he's strongly considered a keeper, yet he only averages 61.20 and has a whooping price tag of $335,100, doesn't seem like particularly good value when you can get FRFs who average the same and are plenty cheaper like Tolman ($297,000) and Segeyaro ($276,600)?

Don't look at averages. Luke wasn't playing the full minutes at the start of the season, he was sharing with Peats. Here are his weekly scores - 55, 40, 20, 56, 54, 43, 45, 57, 71, 104, 25, 91, 76, 96.

You're not paying for averages when you get a "gun", you want someone who can consistently knock out high scores. Tolman will get you probably 50-70 each week, but is less likely to knock out a few 90s. The issue with Segeyaro is that he'll never play 80minutes which as a hooker is difficult to justify for me in SC.

abpanther

Staff member
Yeah fair enough, so it seems Luke's average has been a lot higher lately

Still a steep price to pay, what do you guys think about downgrading Kelly to Thurston or Maloney to free up some cash?

firechild

First Grade
Kelly to Thurston wouldn't be a bad move, just do it after origin. Note though that if the Cowpats are a chance of making the finals he should lift and score well. If they slip out of contention, he could be set for a bunch of 20-40 point weeks.

Satsok

Juniors
My team at the moment is almost complete and looks like this:

Dugan
Gillett
Jennings
Lyon
Inglis
Sutton
DCE
C.Smith
Farah
Fifita
Parker
S.Burgess
SBW

Bench:
Merrin
Fensom
Hayne
Sue

Will upgrade Sue to Gallen after origin when he is fit again.

Satsok

Juniors
Yeah I know, but thats my best possible team at the moment. I have Moylan as cover for this week :)

Satsok

Juniors
So outside of the top 17 the rest looks like:

Liu
T Burgess
Sene-Lefao
Hampton
Hiku
Pewhairangi
Williame
Moylan

Not a lot of depth but I'm out of contention for overall so just playing for H2H now :)

Dogs Of War

Coach
Just having a look at some player stats, just some random comments from a noob, please feel free to tell me I'm an idiot and why :)

Greg Bird: Don't hear much about this guy but he's averaging 61.46 (including a stellar 80 in his last game) and his price tag is only $266,900. Seems like good value and he can also slot in to 5/8

James Maloney: The guy averages 65.38 at a modest price tag of $278,200, how is that not great value compared with guys like Jonathan Thurston (Avg - 65.77, Price - $301,200) and Albert Kelly (Avg - 63, Price - $320,300)?

I was onto Luke as soon as I saw him play 80mins and Peats was playing as well. Supercoach gun.

Never been a Bird fan. For the same money you can have JWH in a week or two for a similar price with way more upside.

Maloney has been good, but his peaks aren't that high, lows aren't bad either. I was going to pick him up, but with moving Mateo to 5/8th I can't justify the money outlay when I can grab another gun forward, or upgrade one of my backs.

EDIT: I cashed in Lui and moved Mateo to 5/8th. Brought in Peachy as a reserve 2RF cause he is cheap.

Last edited:

abpanther

Staff member
What is Lui's future like in terms of cash? Is he due for a big drop like Campo last week if he has another substandard performance?

Might need to cash him in too

shiznit

Coach
That's a nice team mate....

I'm almost there also... Just gotta wait for to get gal after origin. Idris getting injured f**ked though. Had to grab Gillett earlier than I wanted.

My Squad:
Hayne
Roberts
Gillett
Lyon
Inglis
Gordon
Nofoaluma
Loko
Chee Kam
Marshall
Walker
Maloney
Hodgkinson
Sue
Mateo
S Burgess
Fensom
SBW
Parker
Graham
Smith
Farrah
Luke
G Burgess
T Burgess

Dogs Of War

Coach
What is Lui's future like in terms of cash? Is he due for a big drop like Campo last week if he has another substandard performance?

Might need to cash him in too

He won't drop much. He is priced in a 40k bracket that he should be. When I say 40k, sort of 20k each way with how he is priced currently.

abpanther

Staff member
Okay guys just some advice please, I wanna bring Farah into my side and the best way for me to do that is to get rid of a 2RF and move Surgess in to 2RF.

Which of the following three 2RF would you be getting rid of now to make this move; Tohu Harris, Wade Graham or Josh McGuire?

Harris ($218k) has been great this season, but he doesn't play Round 18 and not sure how much price rise he has left (only went uyp $2k last week, has he peaked?)

Graham ($254k) has been good the past few weeks and had a $14k rise last week, while Gallen is out and Lewis is in the centres he should put up good numbers. Plus he plays Round 18

McGuire ($220k) has been good lately through Origin and with Hannant out (again this week), he also plays Round 18 but out Round 19. Went up $5k last week but figure has another price rise.

Thinking McGuire should go but wanted to get some feedback, thanks.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
So far my strongest 17 looks like this:

1. Barba
2. Inglis
3. Mannering
4. Chambers
5. T. Williams
6. A.kelly
7. J. Thurston
8. I. Luke
9. R. Farah
10. C. Smith
11. SBW
12. C. Parker
13. S. Fensom
14. J. Graham
15. T. Merrin
16. A. Harrison
17. B. Marshall

Looking to upgrade t-Rex, Harrison and Marshall in coming weeks. Idris f'ed me though!

The rest of my squad is Moylan, Roberts, cheekam, hiku, hodkinson, t. Burgess, peats and Cherrington.

Only have 13 trades left though. How's everyone else looking with trades?

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Okay guys just some advice please, I wanna bring Farah into my side and the best way for me to do that is to get rid of a 2RF and move Surgess in to 2RF.

Which of the following three 2RF would you be getting rid of now to make this move; Tohu Harris, Wade Graham or Josh McGuire?

Harris ($218k) has been great this season, but he doesn't play Round 18 and not sure how much price rise he has left (only went uyp $2k last week, has he peaked?)

Graham ($254k) has been good the past few weeks and had a $14k rise last week, while Gallen is out and Lewis is in the centres he should put up good numbers. Plus he plays Round 18

McGuire ($220k) has been good lately through Origin and with Hannant out (again this week), he also plays Round 18 but out Round 19. Went up $5k last week but figure has another price rise.

Thinking McGuire should go but wanted to get some feedback, thanks.

I'd get rid of Harris, McGuire should get decent scores this week with no hannant and next week with no Parker.

Latest posts