What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Supposed "hardman" exposed

Irrespective he should have been binned for ten minutes for being third man in and escalating it. And no it was his brother excuse either. The precedent has been set time and time again... He should been binned.

That would be some feat, being third man in to a fight that you start yourself

Someone should really get that Ben Creagh video with the skirt and replace the head with Sam Burgess. He'll never live it down.

Or you could make a gif of Burgess backing off from Matai. Although if you did that you'd be shown up for the tit that you are because there was f**k all in it :roll:

juanfarkall

Coach
Sam....
3rd man....

is there some sort of pattern here ???

I will take great interest in the movements of Williams when the Raiders next play and Tagatese when the Sharks play

nrlnrl

First Grade
Sam....
3rd man....

is there some sort of pattern here ???

I will take great interest in the movements of Williams when the Raiders next play and Tagatese when the Sharks play

or Rapira for Warriors & when Kasiano plays again

3rd man in doesn't necessarily mean he's the 3rd man to "fight" - Sam Burgess was the 3rd man involved in the incident after Matai's high tackle on George Burgess

Is that correct?

Well the referees aren't very consistent then are they. I've seen hundreds of players push a tackler after a bad tackle, never has one of them been pulled for being 3rd man in to my knowledge.

I had no idea that was how the rule worked.

Fairfax

Juniors
Is that correct?

Well the referees aren't very consistent then are they. I've seen hundreds of players push a tackler after a bad tackle, never has one of them been pulled for being 3rd man in to my knowledge.

Exactly. I've seen it cost sides matches before and when Burgess stays on you have to wonder why.

LeedsRhinos

Juniors
Ha no mate, when one of the biggest players in the comp gets smashed and performs a Ben Creagh, the world laughs.

When did he get smashed? :sarcasm:

Souths gave it to Manly tonight, Manly resorted to cheap grub plays dumping people on their head and elbows off the ball.

look how scared Sam Burgess is.

4lt9av.jpg

361704-manly-vs-souths.jpg

3325pur.jpg

1ihk0k.jpg

You can see the fear in his eyes.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Is that correct?

I know what you mean, but they haven't run in to become involved. ( think Sam Thaiday )

Exactly. I've seen it cost sides matches before and when Burgess stays on you have to wonder why.

What I meant was the exact opposite. I've never, or I can't remember ever seeing a player punished for being 3rd man in, except for being 3rd man in a fight or scuffle that's already on going.

I haven't seen a player once be punished for pushing a player after a tackle.

I can see the argument for him being punished for punching and initiating the entire melee. But for the push on Matai? I accept the 3rd man argument for it if those are the rules, but I can't recall any precedent of people being pinged as 3rd man in simply for pushing a guy who's made a strong or big tackle, it's something you see a lot of and usually unpunished

Danish

Referee
Why wasn't burgess sin binned?

Third man in, instigated the entire fight and started throwing em left and right.

I think the only thing that saved him was that the haymakers were about the girliest looking handbags ever thrown on a footy field