What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suspend Tonie Carroll

greeneyed

First Grade
The raking at the eyes of Faumuina was a disgrace in the game at Lang Park tonight. He should be taken out of the game for a very long time for such a blatant, disgraceful act.

Frederick

Staff member
I don't get why Sione didn't go on with it at the time, and make an official complaint to Clark. Could've got the vid-ref to review it and get Carroll sent to the sin bin or something

Ghoulies

Bench
I'm just thinking back to the Ryan Cross incident last year: when he gouged Morrison, was he in possession of the ball like Carroll, or part of the defensive line?

Dragon

Coach
When asked "do you wanna place an incident report and point the player out?" He replied "No"

Even though he made the initial complaint, i thought it was good to see him not cause too much sh*t by "dobbing" on an opposing player. It was dirty by Carroll, but let the match reviewers make the complaint, hes a thug and always has been.

Another thing ive noticed watching tonights matches, is all of the high tackles have been without report im pretty sure. If this is a new directive of the NRL to the refs i think its a good one.

greeneyed

First Grade
I thought it was intentional and deliberate. It is obvious it was as he did it repeatedly. Filthy play and it should result in an exceptionally long suspension. There is nothing worse than someone deliberately raking at someone's eyes, as it could result in their blindness. Awful.

greeneyed said:
I thought it was intentional and deliberate. It is obvious it was as he did it repeatedly. Filthy play and it should result in an exceptionally long suspension. There is nothing worse than someone deliberately raking at someone's eyes, as it could result in their blindness. Awful.

agreed, if he has one go it might be accidental, but he went for him 3 times. Bennett will whinge about it like the spoiled piece of sh*t that he is.

Balmain_Boy

He didn't so much gouge as rake the face. Both are dirty, but the latter is a little less serious imo. Judiciary should have a look, but he won't get any more than a week or two.

Ghoulies

Bench
Marshall_magic said:
agreed, if he has one go it might be accidental, but he went for him 3 times. Bennett will whinge about it like the spoiled piece of sh*t that he is.
:lol: Simple as that, eh?

The argument from Carrol will no doubt be that he was merely trying to push away a defender who was all over him, and that he had no intention of putting his hands across Faumuina eyes.

It'll be hard to prove wrong too unless a more incriminating camera angle is made available.

greeneyed

First Grade
The camera angle readily available showed something that was very obvious and blatant. It was awful stuff. I can't understand how anyone could defend it in any way.

Ghoulies

Bench
greeneyed said:
The camera angle readily available showed something that was very obvious and blatant. It was awful stuff. I can't understand how anyone could defend it in any way.
Just like you couldn't understand how anyone could think that Brisbane were deserving premiers last year, yeah?

Frederick

Staff member
greeneyed said:
Kevin Walters certainly tried to

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I don't think Sione went through with the complaint because Carroll wasn't actually gouging but he's hands were around that area. In saying that I think something should be done, although I don't think it was that bad I do think that having hands and fingers in that area at all should be punished.

salivor

First Grade
I don't think Carroll is that type of player, he plays it pretty clean but it certainly didn't look good, I'll be very surprised if he escapes suspension.