What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Swimming

Razor

Coach
relays come down to a lot more than just head to heads.

see the womens 200M free relay for evidence of that.

They were always going to finish in the top 3 - no doubt in the world. Look at the swimmers - they didn't have ones near the top, but their worst swimmers were better than the majority of the worst swimmers from other countries.

That doesn't apply with this relay, with the US worst swimmers better than most countries best swimmers.

aussies1st

Staff member
I was more thinking Phelps would be swimming the freestyle but guess they could also go that way. Still an upset is possible, nobody picked the Aussie 200m relay to take the gold, and the French were the favourites for the 4x100m relay. Not to mention Jones who was unbeaten in the 200m breakstroke for ages.

Razor

Coach
I was more thinking Phelps would be swimming the freestyle but guess they could also go that way. .

I judged on who swam in the heats. I'd say they'll be using 4 new swimmers.

Weber-Gale swam the freestyle in the heats and Crocker the butterfly.

Crocker is the world recorder in the 100m Fly, but Phelps hasn't lost for 4 years, and I think they would have used Leczak in the heats if they didn't want him for the final.

IanG

Coach
Also Serbia lodged a protest in that 200m Butterfly race against Michael Phelps. Does anybody know if that's happened before cuz I can't. Lodging protests in races is something you normally associate with horse racing.

Razor

Coach
Does anybody know if that's happened before cuz I can't. Lodging protests in races is something you normally associate with horse racing.

Happens occasionally, but haven't seen it happen before after the medal presentation. Usually within minutes of the race ending.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Just saw Phelps v Cavic and it looked for all the world like Cavic won, then saw the super slow-mo and it still looked like Cavic won?? I only saw it once, on the news, does Phelps actually appear to touch first on the super slow mo?

sass

Juniors
Why is this forum full of such negative people.

Jones didn't swim poorly. Soni swam a fantastic swim. That isn't Jones choking were her opponent does that.

aaaah I know people are so awful.

I've heard protests lodged in swimming before ... but not that often.

Shorty

Staff member
I'd love to see it a few more times hey.
Because they both went for the wall differently and Phelps brushes it with his knuckles and Cavic gets it with the tips of his fingers.

Mantle

Juniors
2lxcu0w.gif

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I'm lucky....cos my net is slow, I actually saw that gif loading frame by frame, and it actually did look as though Phelps won. Now it's going "full speed" it's completely unhelpful lol

Razor

Coach
Reply clearly shows Phelps. Because Phelps took an extra stoke, on the live coverage it appeared that he might have lost the race.

SaveTheChildren

Juniors
Assuming he wins his 8 golds imagine if he gets pulled up for doping. They are storing samples for 8 years and retesting as dope testers catch up.

Not that I actually think he is or isn't. It would be a bigger debacle than marion jones.

Razor

Coach
Not that I actually think he is or isn't. It would be a bigger debacle than marion jones.

No it wouldn't. It was already widely suspected that she was on drugs.

She was previously suspended for 2 years when she was 15/16 for refusing to give a sample.
Her coach had previously been suspended for supplying his athletes with drugs
Her first husband got done for drugs
Her second husband got done for drugs

SaveTheChildren

Juniors
No it wouldn't. It was already widely suspected that she was on drugs.

She was previously suspended for 2 years when she was 15/16 for refusing to give a sample.
Her coach had previously been suspended for supplying his athletes with drugs
Her first husband got done for drugs
Her second husband got done for drugs

I didn't know she got done at 15 or 16. I knew the rest. Gee she is a shocker. Her times were an out and out give away.

If Phelps does turn out to be a drug cheat it will be huge blight on beijing.

Latest posts