What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sydney is Red, White and Blue

Lambretta

First Grade
Well I am back from my walk and I have to say I am overwhelmed with the way the City is gearing up.

Firstly the Lowes across the road from my office is selling Roosters and Storm merchandise and they have 1 more Roosters sticker in the window than Storm ones

Merchandise spotted tally

Number of streets sporting Red, White and Blue = zero
Number of buildings in Red, White and Blue = zero
Number of cars in Red, White and Blue = zero
Number of people wearing Red, White and Blue = zero

Well, there was a Wilson parking sign in our colours. Does that count?

Number of Evita flags.... 100,000

In summary all Robbo need do is add Tina Arena to our extended bench and we can claim Sydney City as ours

big hit!

Bench
Well I am back from my walk and I have to say I am overwhelmed with the way the City is gearing up.

Firstly the Lowes across the road from my office is selling Roosters and Storm merchandise and they have 1 more Roosters sticker in the window than Storm ones

Merchandise spotted tally

Number of streets sporting Red, White and Blue = zero
Number of buildings in Red, White and Blue = zero
Number of cars in Red, White and Blue = zero
Number of people wearing Red, White and Blue = zero

Well, there was a Wilson parking sign in our colours. Does that count?

Number of Evita flags.... 100,000

In summary all Robbo need do is add Tina Arena to our extended bench and we can claim Sydney City as ours

Randwick council still has Rabbitohs banners up....does that count?

City of Sydney doesn't care about Easts....that's Rabbitohs country too.

Go and lobby Waverley & Woolhara Councils for a bit of colour. With the Swans out of the comp, they may listen to your proposal.

Lambretta

First Grade
Randwick council still has Rabbitohs banners up....does that count?

City of Sydney doesn't care about Easts....that's Rabbitohs country too.

Go and lobby Waverley & Woolhara Councils for a bit of colour. With the Swans out of the comp, they may listen to your proposal.

Since when is the CBD f**king Rabbits Country? They've cleaned the homeless out of Martin Place

A few years back, Randwick Council put both Roosters and Rabbits banners up in Coogee stating "both teams are ours" or garbage to that effect. Nice to see they're sticking solid. Wankers.

Ask anyone living in Randwick if they live in the Southern or Eastern suburbs.
There isn't a single person there that would claim the former. They're happy to claim the East when it comes to their f**king house prices the f**king twats.

Perth Red

Post Whore
54E743C8-FBD3-4897-81E1-48F68B2CF3B3.jpeg 7CD5A2C8-0252-4558-AC6D-8DB714BBBFA9.jpeg Can’t move in Perth for blue and yellow. It’s a shame Sydney doesn’t love its sports clubs as much as other cities do.

TheFrog

Coach
Still can’t comprehend I see.

The salary cap does not work in its current state for its intended purpose even though the NRL state otherwise.

You can go even further to say that the stats presented are a fantastic argument for a reduction of teams rather than an increase as it becomes quite obvious that there isn’t enough talent to support 16 teams let alone another 2-4.
The NRL could solve this whole problem with one stroke of the pen. Assess each and every player in each club's top 30 or 40, in accordance with market value rather than actual salary. Have an independent panel not unlike that used for the judiciary, do it immediately after the end of the season to allow time for roster adjustments. Players who make rep sides, win awards, etc , are rated accordingly. Clubs are then free to pay players what they like, within limits. This completely nullifies the effect not only of TPA's, but overcomes back and front loading of contracts, and also overcomes advantages based on location or perceived chance of success. James Tedesco would attract the exact same rating whether he was at the Roosters or the Tigers, for instance.

At the same time, instigate a player draft. Players and clubs under no obligation to transfer via the draft, but a rating penalty to apply to players who don't.

The NRL don't want to solve the problem, though, so they won't do this. They think things are fine just as they are. Just as the NSWRL did when St George were winning the comp every year 60 years ago.

Last edited:

ReddFelon

Juniors
Walked around Sydney today, my friend wore a Roosters hoody. A lady in high vis outside Central Station booed him. PASHUN!

Lambretta

First Grade
Apparently there was someone in a cafe in Coogee this morning in a Roosters jersey. Some of the local cafes have put up Red, White and Blue balloons.

They know they're not Souffs.

All of France is now behind the Sydney Roosters not only because of the club's colours (modeled on the 1950s French national jersey), but also because of the Remi Casty connection.