What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sydney relocations

Perth Red

Post Whore
every queensland club has lower crowds now than their records.

titans were over 20k now11k over 50% drop

cowboys from near 20k to 13k

broncos used to get over 40k now 33k

crushers used to get 15k now nothing.

find me sydney club whose crowds are falling?

:lol:

Really? lol:crazy:
Lets have a look shall we:
Canterbury highest 23.5k last year 19.5k
Cronulla highest 16.2k last year 13.4k
Manly highest 17.9k last year 13.5k
Parra highest 16.2k last year 12.4k
Penrith highest 17.7k last year 10.3k
and on and on .......

georgesnmith

Juniors
lol

the sydney clubs are doing much better and you say get rid of some of those for an area whose clubs are looking at 30 - 50% crowd falls?

Perth Red

Post Whore
So you agree you were talking BS when you said " find me Sydney clubs whose crowds are falling" ?

GF replay, two sets of fans, less than 15k can be arsed to turn out. Yep Sydney's going gangbusters.

georgesnmith

Juniors
Lol, yep that's why NRL decided to invest an extra $4mill plus a year in them! :crazy:

the nrl didnt decide to do thatm news ltd stipulated it as part of their deal to hand over their share in the game

once the current deal runs out it might not be renewed. the storms new owners have been told the club must be breaking even shortly.

georgesnmith

Juniors
So you agree you were talking BS when you said " find me Sydney clubs whose crowds are falling" ?

GF replay, two sets of fans, less than 15k can be arsed to turn out. Yep Sydney's going gangbusters.

slightly wrong yes

doesnt change the point that queensland clubs have had far larger crowd falls.

clubs like souths are growing crowds.

the crowd falls for the cowboys and titans is quite recent.

by your logic they should either be merged or relocated?

11k for a brand new stadium like robina. if brookvale had that theyd be getting 20k each week.

bobmar28

Bench
slightly wrong yes

doesnt change the point that queensland clubs have had far larger crowd falls.

clubs like souths are growing crowds.

the crowd falls for the cowboys and titans is quite recent.

by your logic they should either be merged or relocated?

11k for a brand new stadium like robina. if brookvale had that theyd be getting 20k each week.

Merge the Cowboys and Titans? That's ridiculous. Sydney has 9 teams, Townsville and Gold Coast don't. Sydney is the place where mergers should be happening.

oikee

Juniors
The longer fans try to hold onto these declining Sydney clubs while letting our heartland state's and Country (nz) wither and die because of lack of expansion in cities waiting for the code to wake-up, the quicker the game goes backwards.
I have opened a can of worms, a can of woop=ass on the other thread about Sydney clubs holding the game back.
They are going backwards, 10 thousand and 15 thousand to blockbuster games, if you think that is growth then your one-eye is clouded.

Clubs can drop back to the NSW cup, and if they cry about that then bring in relegation for just the Sydney clubs.
Either way, it has now become apparent that Sydney is now holding the growth of the NRL back.

No more blind freddies, no more Manly brawls, no more Burgess and fifata and williams to union.
These players are killing our fans base and killing our support.
People are getting sick of reading about players leaving the game.
Sydney has lost control of the game and the players.
It is time for operation crack-down.
Any player who mentions union is automatically released or fined or both.
All player transfers will be done after the Grand final, any player leaving for union is gone then. no more hangeroneerers stealing the next players pay-packet who wants to and loves our game.
Why are we paying Sonny Bill Burgess and now Fifita, who are all going to union.
Our code needs to change the way it thinks, and the way it operates.
The media need a big wake-up call as well.
A clean out.

Until this happens our code will continue to go backwards, lose players and viewers.
They are leaving because they are bored with the same reports same press , same player loss to union , every year it is the same practise.

Ex-league players also need to be muzzled, their are too many doing damage by thinking they have a voice.

georgesnmith

Juniors
Merge the Cowboys and Titans? That's ridiculous. Sydney has 9 teams, Townsville and Gold Coast don't. Sydney is the place where mergers should be happening.

titans get less crowds than just about every sydney club

and have a brand new stadium as well

if any sydney club had a ground like that it would be 80% full

oikee

Juniors
The NRL need a better online game and story site.
They need to relay stories about every aspect of the code. What they are doing, who hurt who, have clubs sites as well connected to this site and easier to read. The site they run now is bullocks.

Every story, every new story should be able to access from this site.
Once they start getting the truth to the fans, and fixing the way they run the code, then fans will feel confident and return.

The honest truth to why the game is floundering, losing fans viewers and hope.
They have lost faith in the game. They have read all the negatives, weekly, daily, and it all leads to a code that has been run like a chook raffle, still is.

Fans have simply lost faith in the game.
Right, time to get that hope and faith back.
CUT Chop AND EXPAnd.

oikee

Juniors
titans get less crowds than just about every sydney club

and have a brand new stadium as well

if any sydney club had a ground like that it would be 80% full

How many more white elephants you need in sydney, you have little suburban grounds you cant fill now. look at Dragons, Look at Manly, Look at Parra.

Sydney needs a 50 thousand rectangle stadium , no more little 20 to 30 thousand rubbish.

The Titans have been run by a fool from day one. And they need support, not chopping.
As far as i am concerned, we lose the Gold Coast team ever again, in a city growing towards 1 million, then its all over rover. game gone, dun i tell ya.

papabear

Juniors
How many more white elephants you need in sydney, you have little suburban grounds you cant fill now. look at Dragons, Look at Manly, Look at Parra.

Sydney needs a 50 thousand rectangle stadium , no more little 20 to 30 thousand rubbish.

The Titans have been run by a fool from day one. And they need support, not chopping.
As far as i am concerned, we lose the Gold Coast team ever again, in a city growing towards 1 million, then its all over rover. game gone, dun i tell ya.

Yes run by a qlder for qlders and it's a piece of shit.

The titans provide no away support and limited home support but you just look past that.

IMO if the nrl chopped the titans and bought in Perth rugby league is in a better place.

Also another Brisbane team would be nice if only to keep the broncos honest.

georgesnmith

Juniors

titans crowds are 11k lol

even cronulla beat that.

georgesnmith

Juniors
Yes run by a qlder for qlders and it's a piece of shit.

The titans provide no away support and limited home support but you just look past that.

IMO if the nrl chopped the titans and bought in Perth rugby league is in a better place.

Also another Brisbane team would be nice if only to keep the broncos honest.

next he'll be telling as to relocate a team to china

Diesel

Referee
Titans are a perfect example of a team that needs to merge with any Sydney club that gets culled or pushed out of Sydney.

There is no away support for this team and has very little history. By being 1/2 a Sydney team then they would get support while away and not just Sydney.

IMO they f**ked up calling the team the Titans, when there is so many Australian mascots that could've been used or something a little more beach/surf/sea or sea creature themes.

The Titans to me are a plastic team and if the Bombers get up and running I feel this team will have the same feel as the Titans

Last edited:

georgesnmith

Juniors
the tits used to average over 20k for their games.

they started with a bang yet they have alienated their fan base.

sure AFL and their marketing has taken away fans but a lot of the problems of the titans are their own fault.

people crap on about too many sydney clubs and ignore the fact that the titans have lost more than half their crowds, AND in a purpose built stadium, ideal for rugby league

some people are dead set drop kicks.

The Great Dane

First Grade
Titans are a perfect example of a team that needs to merge with any Sydney club that gets culled or pushed out of Sydney.

There is no away support for this team and has very little history. By being 1/2 a Sydney team then they would get support while away and not just Sydney.

IMO they f**ked up calling the team the Titans, when there is so many Australian mascots that could've been used or something a little more beach/surf/sea or sea creature themes.

The Titans to me are a plastic team and if the Bombers get up and running I feel this team will have the same feel as the Titans

I don't know about a merger with a Sydney club (maybe with a QRL club), but they definitely need to do something about their brand as it's simply not working at the moment.

Personally I don't like the Titans name and have always thought that they should have gone with something either with more history or more original, but in saying that I don't think that they'd need to change the name if they didn't want to, a good re-brand and marketing campaign would do it IMO.

Maybe get 5-10 new logos made up and let the public vote on the favorite and do some sort of membership deal where maybe if you buy the jersey you get a three game membership free.

Personally I think that the Raiders are in the same boat, we definitely need some sort of update to our brand (particularly an update to our logo) and our marketing and merchandising is practically none existent.

The Great Dane

First Grade
the tits used to average over 20k for their games.

they started with a bang yet they have alienated their fan base.

sure AFL and their marketing has taken away fans but a lot of the problems of the titans are their own fault.

people crap on about too many sydney clubs and ignore the fact that the titans have lost more than half their crowds, AND in a purpose built stadium, ideal for rugby league

some people are dead set drop kicks.

Difference between the GC and Sydney is that there are 9 teams in Sydney and only 1 on the GC.

We can afford to lose a club or two in Sydney, but if we lose the one we have on the GC that's it it's over.