What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

tahu

Eels Dude

Coach
Two points.

1. So? That was Michael Hagan, not Timana Tahu. Different people and most likely different family circumstances so you cant really compare. I dont know how many kids either of them have, but I'd hazard a gues Tahu's are probably younger than Hagan's when he was coaching us?

2. Plenty on here will say that Hagan didnt do his job properly by not reguarly attending junior matches etc. Probably due to the commute to his family.

I'm not disagreeing with either of those points. But if Tahu were 100% committed to the Eels he could make the effort. He has to for the sake of the team. If he's not committed then that's fine, the club should cut all ties with him and then both parties are happy. That's the best result for all involved.

mrpwnd

Bench
That's my problem.
Don't make a comment on someone, who "does has a missus", as you call his partner.
I don't judge people on whether they have a have a partner or not.

You have also stated that you don't know the full details about Tahu's life.
Then stfu. Or, alternatively, open your own life up to this board and the rest of the world, and open it up for complete judgement for those you have never met. Then, accept their judgements and conclusion's about YOUR life.

Suity
I don't understand your hostility.
He merely proposed a hypothesis and said 'if' that situation were true, which it may or may not be, then his judgements would be true.
I don't think he was having a go at Tahu or his missus, nor did he assume or insinuate anything otherwise.
He has every right to speculate about something and make an opinion based on that, this is what a discussion is after all.

Suitman

Post Whore
He merely proposed a hypothesis and said 'if' that situation were true, which it may or may not be, then his judgements would be true.
I don't think he was having a go at Tahu or his missus, nor did he assume or insinuate anything otherwise.
He has every right to speculate about something and make an opinion based on that, this is what a discussion is after all.

OK, I understand where you are coming from.
But I was basing my opinion on the fact that someone was commenting on the personal life and feelings of someone that he/she doesn't even know.

I'll give you an example.

I know Fishy. I also know Haynzy, HJ and Colonel and Belly, and a heap of other clowns, amongst many others.
But, fair dinkum, be buggered if I'd ever make judgements on these poeple's private life's.
They are people I know.
Tahu is different. I don't know him as a person. Nor as a human. I don't know him personally. How can I then judge him for his personality traits or make judgements on his decisions in life, or state of mind, or make comment about his family?
TBH, I find this sort of stuff abhorrent.
Let those who have not sinned.......

Suity

Eels Dude

Coach

Cheers that's exactly where I was coming from, but i'm not going to waste my time slanging with Suity.

I wasn't at all having a go at Tahu or his wife. Just a social comment in general. Let's put it this way, hypothetically, if my partner put such an ultimatum on me I think it would be extremely unfair. Similarly it would be unfair of me to put that ultimatum on my partner. I'd also feel sorry for my friends, male or female if they were in such a position. A lot of people would feel the same no doubt if they had to make such a choice. Every relationship is different. It's all speculation and 'what ifs' really. And hypothetically if one person put such an ultimatum on their partner then there is some unfairness to it. So I don't really see the need for hostility.

Last edited:

mrpwnd

Bench
Cheers that's exactly where I was coming from, but i'm not going to waste my time slanging with Suity.

I wasn't at all having a go at Tahu or his wife. Just a social comment in general. Let's put it this way, hypothetically, if my partner put such an ultimatum on me I think it would be extremely unfair. Similarly it would be unfair of me to put that ultimatum on my partner. I'd also feel sorry for my friends, male or female if they were in such a position. A lot of people would feel the same no doubt if they had to make such a choice. Every relationship is different. It's all speculation and 'what ifs' really, so I don't really see the need for hostility.
It is all, of course, a hypothetical scenario. :)

Suitman

Post Whore

I wasn't at all having a go at Tahu or his wife. Just a social comment in general. Let's put it this way, hypothetically, if my partner put such an ultimatum on me I think it would be extremely unfair. Similarly it would be unfair of me to put that ultimatum on my partner. I'd also feel sorry for my friends, male or female if they were in such a position. A lot of people would feel the same no doubt if they had to make such a choice. Every relationship is different. It's all speculation and 'what ifs' really. And hypothetically if one person put such an ultimatum on their partner then there is some unfairness to it. So I don't really see the need for hostility.

No hostility from my point of view.
Nor my angle or opinion.
Maybe you misread me.

Suity

Eels Dude

Coach
No hostility from my point of view.
Nor my angle or opinion.
Maybe you misread me.

Suity

I'd consider telling someone on more than one occasion to 'stfu' for expressing an opinion as rather hostile. But I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on our understanding of what hostility is too.

Suitman

Post Whore
I'd consider telling someone on more than one occasion to 'stfu' for expressing an opinion as rather hostile. But I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on our understanding of what hostility is too.

Ok, I suppose that was a bit out there. Hostility wasn't intended.
I apologise.
What I don't understand, is how ANY OF US, can be making comment on Tahu's private life. His wife. His kids etc....

I suppose I just see any comment along these lines as a tabloid/New Idea /Current Affair type scenario - and tbh, I despise that type of opinion, because truly, how can we comment, when NONE of us live under his roof.
We don't have to accept his attitude atm, but we can at least refrain from judgeing him about his state of mind and attitude towards footy and his family. None of us have any idea.

Suity

DeanPay98

Juniors
thats the thing though ARE his problems short term? what if the club signs him up to a two year deal then in the middle of the season he implodes

the decision might be taken out of the clubs hands anyway if the reports of his family moving back to newcastle are true

I'm only thinking about the 2011 season. I'm not proposing to keep him beyond 2011.

I would think that the issue with his wife would support a more lenient attitude at this time. It just seems that we are weakening ourselves for no good reason.

It isn't my place to comment on his wife. But if the ultimatum is true it seems more of an emotional rather than a rational decision. TT isn't going to earn 250K in any other profession and the money he earns can be put towards a mortgage or kids school and uni fees (in the future). So it would be foolish to waste a year of the period in which he is in his prime earning capacity. Those are just my thoughts on that.

Gaffman

Juniors
I don't know about anyone else but i believe we have reason enough to feel cheated if TT walks away from the club. All this drama started in the Origin sheds, then moved onto some charity game and probably ultimately culminated with his omission from the Indigenous All Star team. At no point did any of this directly involve the Parramatta club, until now, when we'll be expected to let our prize centre depart on compassionate grounds.

Well thank ya very much tim tam. The players we've seen go because that position has belonged to him, even when his form and fitness hardly warranted it... unbelievable. Why couldn't he have had his final meltdown months ago, we could have made a play for Inglis. I'd take that traitor over this drama queen.

*Sigh*

Eelementary

Post Whore
I apologise.
What I don't understand, is how ANY OF US, can be making comment on Tahu's private life. His wife. His kids etc....

I suppose I just see any comment along these lines as a tabloid/New Idea /Current Affair type scenario - and tbh, I despise that type of opinion, because truly, how can we comment, when NONE of us live under his roof.
We don't have to accept his attitude atm, but we can at least refrain from judgeing him about his state of mind and attitude towards footy and his family. None of us have any idea.

Suity

Suitmeister, it's probably down to human nature. I mean, their music is enough to drive anyone to hostility...

OK, seriously though - all those mags like New Idea and Cosmopolitan and Hello, etc. - what do they all have in common? They employ Danny Weidler-esque "reporters" to speculate and write about celebrities' lives - and people lap it up.

I'm not saying it's right, Hombre-traje, but it's a massive industry fuelled largely by the masses of people who get a kick out of talking about things they know little about.

I won't get judgemental on it because Lord knows I've spoken out of turn many a time in my tender quarter century existence.

Eels Dude

Coach
I apologise.

Suity

I don't think an apology is necessary Suity. I see what you mean and I respect that, just understand where I'm coming from at the same time. Sadly Timana's whole situation is being played about like a Woman's Day gossip column via the media and that's all the information us fans have to go from. So speculation is is going to happen. I'm not going to judge him on his state of mind, he has to do the best thing for himself and his family first and foremost. But he also has do the right by thing by the Parramatta club to a lesser extent. Good luck to him regardless.

Suitman

Post Whore
I don't think an apology is necessary Suity. I see what you mean and I respect that, just understand where I'm coming from at the same time. Sadly Timana's whole situation is being played about like a Woman's Day gossip column via the media and that's all the information us fans have to go from. So speculation is is going to happen. I'm not going to judge him on his state of mind, he has to do the best thing for himself and his family first and foremost. But he also has do the right by thing by the Parramatta club to a lesser extent. Good luck to him regardless.

I agree. I'm sick to death of the Tahu situation. I have my opinion on what I think should happen. But I'm not going to sit here and judge him, because I really know nothing about what is going on in his head.
I'm certainly not going to sit here behind my keyboard and tell him to f**k off, or to sort his life out. Or that I've had a gutful of his antics. Because frankly, I wouldn't have a clue about any of those things. That's why I get cranky (lol, I love that word) about others making personal judgments about stuff which they truly know nothing about.

The same goes with judgement of the current board. NO ONE has any idea what is going on, but there are so many ready to judge. :roll:
Then again, that's another story.

Suity

Suitman

Post Whore
Suitmeister, it's probably down to human nature. I mean, their music is enough to drive anyone to hostility...

OK, seriously though - all those mags like New Idea and Cosmopolitan and Hello, etc. - what do they all have in common? They employ Danny Weidler-esque "reporters" to speculate and write about celebrities' lives - and people lap it up.

I'm not saying it's right, Hombre-traje, but it's a massive industry fuelled largely by the masses of people who get a kick out of talking about things they know little about.

I won't get judgemental on it because Lord knows I've spoken out of turn many a time in my tender quarter century existence.

It has made THIS forum go around for many a long year, that's for sure.

It's amazing how many "New Idea" readers, we have following the Eels.

Sad, really. Even some mods can't help themselves.

Suity

caylo

Bench
I think Tahu is long odds to stay and we dont need the continual drama, i dont blame the guy. He has had a rough season and its no all his doing, SOR, being accused of racism when you havnt done anything wrong... that can be difficult to deal with.

Importantly it is possible to sin games without a strike centre, Saints had Scott and Cooper in the centres for a long time over the last to years and worked around it. I think Filiga and Reddy should be given a shot and invest the money else where, sign up Orford for 300K for two years, its the same money Tahu would have got so it shouldnt decrease our chances of signing a big name half in 2011, whats the harm?

Parra Pride

Referee
RICK Stone says he would "never say never" at the right price but can't see Newcastle throwing discarded Eel Timana Tahu a career lifeline.

The Knights coach admitted yesterday the club had made discreet inquiries about Tahu a couple of months ago but didn't get past first base and have since moved on.

"We re-signed Doogy [Adam MacDougall] after that and, to be honest with you, we are done and dusted as far as outside backs go," he said.

"It wouldn't be fair on the young blokes we already have at the club."

The Knights have been linked to Tahu during his much-publicised dramas at Parramatta because his wife Kasey and their two children have moved to Newcastle to be closer to her family. Stone said he has not spoken to the former Kangaroo and Wallaby star or his manager since the problems at Parramatta emerged.

Asked whether the Knights might consider revisiting Tahu if he was offered to the club at a vastly reduced rate, Stone remained cautious.

"Look, I suppose you'd never say never because he's a player of ability but we'd need some assurances from him and, even then, we'd still need to be comfortable as far as our own players are concerned," he said.

Parramatta and Tahu will officially part company today.

A meeting between Tahu's manager Warwick Wright, Eels coach Steve Kearney and club CEO Paul Osborne will confirm the former Waratahs star has ended his brief yet controversial stint at Parramatta.

Source: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...tahu-leaves-eels/story-e6frexnr-1225966600906

Last edited:

BJP76A

Juniors
The Tahu situation is beyond a joke.

I'm sorry but a real man doesn't carry on this way no matter what is said or done to them.

What Joey Johns said was out of line and most sensible people would agree with that, but Tahu, I feel was more out of line walking out on his team mates over what was supposedly said in private at a team meeting.

A real man would have taken Johns aside and sorted it out one on one.

The way I see it is that Tahu is carrying on as if he is higher and mightier than everyone around him and it is best for the club and him to part ways for the sake of all the rest of the players.

I do respect Tahu for his playing ability, but as a person he has some serious issues to sort out and I wish him the best of luck with getting through it.