What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Take Action on the Development.

Quigs

Immortal
Wow, nearly 27,000 views on this one thread. Must be getting a lot of visitors from the other rooms...... Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Hey did you know that you can now sponsor your Era Of The Biff Legend Players Page simply by visiting www.eraofthebiff.com

There are over 80 Heroes and Hardmen. Get over there and sponsor now.....

The greatest Biff Rugby League website in the history of Biff websites.

___________________________________________________________-

Yeah lets take some action on the development.

SadShark

Bench
I have a RAV 4 for sale on carsales.com.au as well............ whoops, did I just do that??

Agree with Quigs, up the development or whatever this thread was. Yeah, bring it on. Get me another beer beerwench

Quigs

Immortal
Its byeweek Sad.... so you have a RAV 4 on carsales.com.au - hope all goes well with the transaction.

SadShark

Bench
In 1990, I had a moolay. Your 1990 moolay is the most sensational matching wig twixt beyard man could cultivate on one's cranium.

Senstational, a marvelous spectical and the chickies must have had to have been followed behind with a mop & bucket, the moisture woulda been that turgid.

Ausguy

Coach
It looks like a win Newms but anyone who had a close look at the numbers and submissions would note the amount of "out of town" submissions supporting the development.

100% of the 44% that were against the development were locals.

Im all for the damn thing as i want the sharks to survive but the reality is that if it was a locals only vote the numbers would be very different.

newman

First Grade
True. But many, many of the anti submissions were about a lack of game day parking or lack of transport, areas which were well addressed so kinda irrelevant . We are in a very good position.

Card Shark

Immortal
So what's the latest on game day parking ? I thought council squashed the satellite locations ?

Think I read in website says most of the retail parking will be available for game day. R they gunna close the place down - shopkeepers won't like that.

They do need that satellite parking.

Ausguy

Coach
Cardy the shopping centre parking won't be big enough for game day. I agree.

Think about it. Currently if you are a member and want to park in the leagues club parking you need to get there real early as a lot of it is partitioned for sponsors or other. So where will these people park now ?

The shopping centre car park won't suit for any match timeslot.

The vibe rcb is good but some things really need to be answered.

Bus service still isn't being really considered. Do some reading and you will find that TfNSW have said once 25% of the development is done we will look into it. But in the mean time the sharks need to look at funding a bike track to the station etc etc. look for it. It's there.

yeah i read all that about the bus.

gameday parking will be an issue. i park in that industrial lane thingy near the speed camera when i come up.

newman

First Grade
They are still talking park and ride. Yeah the council said that they couldn't use the beach car parks etc but that might change when the development gets underway and the bad blood blows over. If not, I'm sure there are plenty of schools or local businesses who would be willing to use their land for parking and make a bit of coin out of it....

Ausguy

Coach
You think the council will let the 'bad blood blow over'? I dont.

The thing is Newman we cant say oh when its approved we will sort it out, approval requires this sort of shit to already be finalised.

newman

First Grade
The provision of a game day park and ride is not dependent on council though. It can easily be set up through private enterprise (I believe endeavour h.s is frothing to get involved), just like the shuttle bus route from the development site to Woolooware station which will now be privately run.

Originally the club was hopeful that the council would play nice. It has been evident for a long time now that they won't and the development consortium is more than well aware of this. That's why half of the ill informed anti submissions are a non issue anyway as all the issues they raised have been addressed (even the heights of the buildings have been lowered).

But the park and ride issue is 2 years away at the very least anyway and I believe that yes, with a bit of water under the bridge the council might want to make a bit of money from the sharks game day and lease some car park space.

Also, did anyone realise that against the warriors the car park on the western fields wasn't operating? Did the world end? Was their gridlock from Woolooware to Surry hills for months on end? No. And it didn't even rate a mention in the local media. Some issue.

newman

First Grade
The provision of a game day park and ride is not dependent on council though. It can easily be set up through private enterprise (I believe endeavour h.s is frothing to get involved), just like the shuttle bus route from the development site to Woolooware station which will now be privately run.

Originally the club was hopeful that the council would play nice. It has been evident for a long time now that they won't and the development consortium is more than well aware of this. That's why half of the ill informed anti submissions are a non issue anyway as all the issues they raised have been addressed (even the heights of the buildings have been lowered).

But the park and ride issue is 2 years away at the very least anyway and I believe that yes, with a bit of water under the bridge the council might want to make a bit of money from the sharks game day and lease some car park space.

Also, did anyone realise that against the warriors the car park on the western fields wasn't operating? Did the world end? Was their gridlock from Woolooware to Surry hills for months on end? No. And it didn't even rate a mention in the local media. Some issue.

Ausguy

Coach
Thanks for the extra info.

To be fair the warriors game was a wet affair wasnt it? with an out of country opposition... lets be real when we are trying to defend our position and say its still a problem for a sharks v dogs top of the table clash on a sunday afternoon if the western side is closed.

Latest posts