What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Take Action on the Development.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Why dont we just tell the council we are bringing back Chris Anderson as coach?
Then we wont have crowd problems for a decade?

newman

First Grade
Thanks for the extra info.

To be fair the warriors game was a wet affair wasnt it? with an out of country opposition... lets be real when we are trying to defend our position and say its still a problem for a sharks v dogs top of the table clash on a sunday afternoon if the western side is closed.

Yet there was still 8k in attendance. I take your point however. I wish you would take mine though. For that game there was less parking than will be once the development goes up (for some reason only half th leagues club car park was in use) and it didn't even rate a mention. Not on here, not in the leader, nowhere.

Eion

First Grade
Game day parking....pfft....maybe 12 days in a year where for 4 hours Coupe's kids have to park in their driveway.

Ausguy

Coach
That's fine Newman I get what you are saying.

What I'm getting at about the whole development thing is there have been a few things said during the proposal that many locals and out of townera still haven't seen fixed. But the club continues to say all is well. Is it?

Vin Fizz

Bench
Also, did anyone realise that against the warriors the car park on the western fields wasn't operating? Did the world end? Was their gridlock from Woolooware to Surry hills for months on end? No. And it didn't even rate a mention in the local media. Some issue.

Yah i did Newm and yeah it was'nt a problem. But that said if there were the 8000 people at the game that they claim i'm a bad judge. (alot less). Anyway your point is well made. Its been trickier at times on departure than it was on that night that's for sure despite the carpark being closed.

when we are making it rain...

i telly ya what we need to do.

boot the mangroves.

build a glorious marina. with shops and cafes and stuff. then righ guys like greg inglis with bpoats can come down. not even tony abbott could stop em.

theres also 2 goldfourses within 5 iron distance of one another. buy up the one directly across the road. turn that into housing, parkland etc.

glorious.

anyway on the parking thing i bet once its done...
we will be able to do some deal with the school up the road. or some shutrtle system.

newman

First Grade
That's fine Newman I get what you are saying.

What I'm getting at about the whole development thing is there have been a few things said during the proposal that many locals and out of townera still haven't seen fixed. But the club continues to say all is well. Is it?

Such as? Tell me which areas havent been addressed and I will update the forum. If they havent been addressed I will pass on to the developer, but I highly doubt it.

Eion

First Grade
when we are making it rain...

i telly ya what we need to do.

boot the mangroves.

build a glorious marina. with shops and cafes and stuff. then righ guys like greg inglis with bpoats can come down. not even tony abbott could stop em.

theres also 2 goldfourses within 5 iron distance of one another. buy up the one directly across the road. turn that into housing, parkland etc.

glorious.

anyway on the parking thing i bet once its done...
we will be able to do some deal with the school up the road. or some shutrtle system.

That sounds suspiciously like a 'resort thingy' rcb

taipan

Referee
The thing that amazes me ,we close down the Kingsway for the Sutherland to surf for half a day,then we get the Wollongong cycle event,then the tri athalon at Elouera.All disruptions at the time,but life goes on,and the council says zilch.
And having retail at Woolooware will relieve congestion at Cronulla,where you have better chance of parking a poodle,than a car.

Ausguy

Coach
Newms, tell us have the following been confirmed as 100% fixed (which is what the locals are concerned about)

- Bus routes as promised
- Game day parking
- Playing fields being replaced

Before you tell me what ive already read, im talking about actually having these fixed with 100% commitment from those involved not just proposed solutions (pie in the sky if you will)

Once again im fully in support of this but its a bette rlook if we have crossed our T's and dotted our I's not just blowing smoke up peoples asses

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
- Bus routes as promised
- Game day parking

They are planning on building a new city in the middle of Australia. it all hinging on 2 bridges being built.
Does anybody know if the bridges have been built, so they can get approval to build the city?

newman

First Grade
Newms, tell us have the following been confirmed as 100% fixed (which is what the locals are concerned about)

- Bus routes as promised
- Game day parking
- Playing fields being replaced

Before you tell me what ive already read, im talking about actually having these fixed with 100% commitment from those involved not just proposed solutions (pie in the sky if you will)

Once again im fully in support of this but its a bette rlook if we have crossed our T's and dotted our I's not just blowing smoke up peoples asses

- Bus routes as promised. Yes. They have "in principle" support from state transit. Thats all you can get before approval. If for some reason that doesnt come through after approval, a privately operated shuttle service will be put in place.
- Game day parking: Park and Ride. At this stage will be done with a private partner (most probably Endeavour H.S) because the council wont play nice.
- Playing fields being replaced: Yes. Cronulla Caringbah fields will be relocated to Cronulla H.S which will get upgraded playing surface, lighting and new club house.

Who knows why on earth council do anything. This quote is from their very own Sutherland Shire Strategic Report (feb 2012)

"Council wants to make it easier for younger people leaving home and young families to set up home in the Sutherland Shire. Young families need affordable houses, or larger flats to buy or rent. For reasons of cost, convenience and access to social activities, many younger people want to live in smaller dwellings close to centres. Housing a wide range of age groups in the community helps to keep shops and businesses viable, as well as to support sporting groups, cultural and community organisations. It also enables key workers such as teachers, nurses and tradesman to live close to their workplaces. Property costs are a determining factor of who lives in an area, and Council cannot control the market. However, zoning can encourage an increase in the supply and type of dwellings."

Their opposition to this project flies directly in the face of their advertised strategies.

Quigs

Immortal
They are planning on building a new city in the middle of Australia. it all hinging on 2 bridges being built.
Does anybody know if the bridges have been built, so they can get approval to build the city?

If we are going to have some bridges. Can we a least bring back the Punt for us older people.

Everyone loved the Punt.

Run it from San Souci to the north western end of Gallenland.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Who knows why on earth council do anything. This quote is from their very own Sutherland Shire Strategic Report (feb 2012)

"Council wants to make it easier for younger people leaving home and young families to set up home in the Sutherland Shire. Young families need affordable houses, or larger flats to buy or rent. For reasons of cost, convenience and access to social activities, many younger people want to live in smaller dwellings close to centres. Housing a wide range of age groups in the community helps to keep shops and businesses viable, as well as to support sporting groups, cultural and community organisations. It also enables key workers such as teachers, nurses and tradesman to live close to their workplaces. Property costs are a determining factor of who lives in an area, and Council cannot control the market. However, zoning can encourage an increase in the supply and type of dwellings."

Their opposition to this project flies directly in the face of their advertised strategies.

Unbelievable !