What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Take Action on the Development.

Eion

First Grade
Haha love it. Suggest you plant a bunch of gums and flame trees along the boundary quigs. That'll get the old bag steamed up

Quigs

Immortal
They are two gums trees and another variety I dont know Eion.

Alf, the staghorns, there is a story to that. A real good mate of mine mum who was a long time Parky, died about two years ago after having complications from very minor surgery at Rockhampton Hospital. (there is an ongoing coronial inquest into her death still). She was a real greenthumb. Had a house, greenhouse and yard full of plants. Mates old man was in a Nursing home at the time and had lost the plot big time... didn't even know or could be told that his wife had passed on.

Re plants and me, everything I plant dies.

The family was worried about all of "mums plants"

All her family including the mate had moved out of town years ago. I told the mate and the family that I would keep the staghorns and do my best with them as a mark of respect for the mates mum.

Hence my disdain when the old bitch next door went off her head.

Quigs

Immortal
Pop, I have no problems with my neighbours and trees, in fact the bloke on the other side of me and I are working together to remove a couple. We have a plan. His son in law is young, healthy and fit and has a big chain saw.

My yard is great in the hot summers, looovly shady areas to BBQ, when I had the big pool it was a magnet for friends and the scene of copious amounts of great pissups.

The old inground pool now gets mowed regularly. But that is a whole new story.

The funny thing about the whinge new neighbours was that where they cut back all the trees which gave beautiful cooling shade for a tropical climate, they put up a hideous shade sail, but each to their own. What they do on their side is up to them.

The farkwitt guy has a bad attitude ( well had a bad attitude) of my dicks bigger than your dick.

I was raised if you had a problem or wanted something done around your place you did the right thing and asked or let them know around you. I.E. if you were going to have a party, you'd tell the neighbours and if it got to noisey for them just give you a call. Don't have those parties any more ---- too old now.

I'm afraid I am very old school. The laws of the land don't apply when it comes to the kingdom of Quigs. If he keeps sh!tting me off I will offer him out into the street and give him a fist beating frontier style. And I wouldnt care if he won a round or two. I'd make it a six rounder.

taipan

Referee
Talking about trees (gum) and councils(Sutherland in particular).About 10 years ago,I got a call at work from (she who must be obeyed),that she had been involved in an accident,driving down Yathong road.Apart from nearly fainting and falling of my chair,she advised I'm badly shaken but Ok,but a huge tree branch just lobbed in my car and jst clipped the front windscreen.
The bonnet has taken a hammering.Some one who was there stated a couple of cms toward the windshield ,and I would have been a widower.
She stated no need to rush home ,just having a cup of tea with a nice neighbour who lived there,who advised me the Council had known about the poor borer condition of the tree for some time.
Well if that didn't want me to invade Poland,nothing did.
As soon as I heard the news ,I rang the Council to the section involved.Evasive as all b...,the Shire has many trees in the streets blah blah ....
I wrote to council,again the response was typical standard no responsibilty.
Yet these f...whits are the very same mob of bandidos,who will front up and fine you for trimming back gum trees that over hang your house,chop em down if they have a dangerous lean when a storm is forecast.
If the council knew about it ATT they should have acted.

And low and behold a mate of mine (lightning does strike twice) had a branch lob on his car,about 3 years back.He wrote to...wait for it.....Captain Capsis.Who was as effective as a can of aerosol against a herd of water buffalo.
I love my trees,but damn it I love my family more,get it Sutherland council.

Last edited:

gunnamatta bay

Referee
I used to own property in Yathong Rd. The area is the home of those white ghost gums. They are everywhere and are always falling down. But the cockatoos love em. You know those loveable sulphur crested birds that screech continuously from sun up to sun down.

taipan

Referee
I used to own property in Yathong Rd. The area is the home of those white ghost gums. They are everywhere and are always falling down. But the cockatoos love em. You know those loveable sulphur crested birds that screech continuously from sun up to sun down.

Know well the little white fluffy yellow headed pr*cks very well.Had all my wire screens chewed by these b...ggers,then reinstalled and they did the same thing again.
If only the would declare them noxious.;-)

Megalodon

Juniors
Sharks development gets nod from planning department

BY MURRAY TREMBATH
02 Jul, 2012 04:58 PM
The NSW Planning Department has recommended in favour of the $300 million Cronulla Sharks development.Its finding has been forwarded to the independent Planning assessment Commission, which will make the final decision.
“The department has assessed the merits of this application, taking into consideration the issues raised by the public and relevant public authorities,” its report said.
“The department is satisfied the site is suitable for the proposed development and the project will provide environmental, social and economic benefits to the region.”
See the full story in tomorrow’s Leader.

What do you think of the recommendation?

Source: http://www.theleader.com.au/news/lo...ets-nod-from-planning-department/2610698.aspx

Department of Planning Recommendation.

http://majorprojects.planning.nsw.gov.au/index.pl?action=view_job&job_id=4485