What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team 2012!!

Perth Knights

Juniors
The warriors pack stood up last night, but I thought Blair had a great game in a well beaten storm forward pack. For mine, I think he would be a handy addition to the Knights and do not consider him overrated.[/QUOTE]

Yes he would be handy but not at the reported asking price of $500K which is why I said he is overrated. I see your point though. He would be a good buy at just over half that i suppose. I don't think Newcastle needs to splash 350K or so for him though.

Didn't realise he was wanting $500k/year. Way too over-priced and will struggle to find a team wanting to cough up that sort of coin. I was looking at $250k - $300k max. Nonetheless, I still think he would be a very handy addition to our forward stocks.

One player that I would be getting rid of though is Kaufusi. He is a real powder puff ... you would think after getting a fresh start at a new club (after languishing in the Cowboys feeder team) that he would be doing everything in his power to perform week in week out. But his stats are pathetic and he strikes me as a very lazy player.

Spot On

Coach
Didn't realise he was wanting $500k/year. Way too over-priced and will struggle to find a team wanting to cough up that sort of coin. I was looking at $250k - $300k max. Nonetheless, I still think he would be a very handy addition to our forward stocks.

One player that I would be getting rid of though is Kaufusi. He is a real powder puff ... you would think after getting a fresh start at a new club (after languishing in the Cowboys feeder team) that he would be doing everything in his power to perform week in week out. But his stats are pathetic and he strikes me as a very lazy player.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure most people on this forum would find it very, very difficult to make a case for keeping this bloke as well. Dan Tolar, who has copped a bagging on here, is making him look second rate at the moment.

Whats Doing

Bench
Providing we get Boyd, i think we need to have our two highest paid players in the spine. For next year my spine would be:

1. Boyd.
6. Henry
7. Mullen
9. Gidley.

That would leave out De Gois and I think I rather spend the money, which is rather high, on shoring up our front row and centre positions. I am sure Wayne would bring a very adequate backup hooker for Gids.

Whats Doing

Bench
Saints forum stating that Jon Green is off to us with his management already having met Tinkler's management team. Just need Boyd and Green now to sign on the dotted line.

Perth Knights

Juniors
We've got several good back up hookers in Hilder and Adams

After last Monday nights game, Gordon Tallis made the comment that Bennett was keen to bring Nathan Fein to the Knights. So our hooker problem could be solved if indeed this "rumour" is true. I for one would be sad to see DeGois forced to leave, as I would like to see him reach his full potential injury free and under a Bennett coached Knights.

In the event that DeGois leaves and we don't get Fein, then I would be inclined to play Gidley at 9, Boyd at fullback, Henry at 5/8 and Mullen at half. I would also be keen to see what Likiliki could do along side Sau (if he remains at the Knights).

Perth Knights

Juniors
Saints forum stating that Jon Green is off to us with his management already having met Tinkler's management team. Just need Boyd and Green now to sign on the dotted line.

Can anyone fill me in on Jon Green? Is he any good or are we wasting our dollars on yet another forward?

Whats Doing

Bench
Can anyone fill me in on Jon Green? Is he any good or are we wasting our dollars on yet another forward?

First of all he is from WA.

He has improved immensely under Bennett and is a workhorse. Bennett obviously rates him and he is not be on big coin so would come to us fairly cheap.

Alex28

Coach
After last Monday nights game, Gordon Tallis made the comment that Bennett was keen to bring Nathan Fein to the Knights. So our hooker problem could be solved if indeed this "rumour" is true.

We don't have a hooker problem now. We have De Gois, and as a backup we have Gidley and Hilder. Where is the problem exactly?

And also I don't rate Fein as any better than De Gois to be honest.

We don't have a hooker problem now. We have De Gois, and as a backup we have Gidley and Hilder. Where is the problem exactly?

And also I don't rate Fein as any better than De Gois to be honest.

And under those three, we have Chris Marlborough, Chad Redman and Chris Knight.

TBH, I think hooker is the last place we have a problem.

RABK

Referee
Boyd
McManus
Sau
Gidley
Uate
Henry
Mullen
Snowden
De Gois
Costigan
Taia
Bird
Houston

Hilder
Faas/Tui
Patterson
Edwards/Green

In billion dollar backed Wayne we dream.

Last edited:

Alex28

Coach
To be quite honest, until I read some actual quotes from either Tinkler Group or Wayne Bennett, I'm not buying anything read in the media. We want Snowden, we don't want Snowden, Bennett won't pay for Snowden, Tinkler still wants Snowden, We can't have Snowden if we get Boyd...

It is all crap. It is the media trying to make a story out of something because Tinkler and Bennett wont tell them anything. I mean that new Snowden story today is created out of one quote from the acting CEO of the Sharks.

I'm getting kinda sick of the speculation and the high hopes.

To be quite honest, until I read some actual quotes from either Tinkler Group or Wayne Bennett, I'm not buying anything read in the media. We want Snowden, we don't want Snowden, Bennett won't pay for Snowden, Tinkler still wants Snowden, We can't have Snowden if we get Boyd...

It is all crap. It is the media trying to make a story out of something because Tinkler and Bennett wont tell them anything. I mean that new Snowden story today is created out of one quote from the acting CEO of the Sharks.

I'm getting kinda sick of the speculation and the high hopes.

You've hit it my friend, seriously a Danielle Steele has more fiction in it then the shit that we all had to stomach today.

Yosh

Coach
1. Boyd
2. Uate
3. Wes
4. Sau
5. McManus

6. Henry
7. Mullen

8. Nev
9. Kidley
10. Snowden
11. Taia
12. Bird
13. House

14. Hilder
15. Faas
16. Tui
17. Edwards

18. Patto
19. Green
20. Roberts
21. Kyle O'Donnell
22. Likiliklilkikiklikkili

Now that's a team. Realistic as well.

Alex28

Coach
oh gee, forgive our high hopes Alex. god forbid we have a bit of fun in wonderland.
Every day we get another wild article without fact, and we take off with it and fantisise our 2012 squad around it and get our hopes up, and then we get another article saying it isn't going to happen and we panic about who is going to play where, and then the next day we get an article saying it is all back on again...

We have an owner who is well known to be media shy and isn't commenting at all about recruitment until the deal is done and dusted, and we have a new coach who isn't saying a word at all, and we have the media inventing articles on the basis of nothing factual.

And all along we keep panicking whether we are going to get every NRL player on the market and where we are going to play them.

Forgive me but I'll start worrying when/if we sign anyone or it becomes known we have missed a target.

Until then Perverse, feel free to blow your load over teams that we can't possibly fit in the salary cap but have hopes to achieve because Phil Rothfield and Danny Weidler says it will happen :)

Jono078

Referee
Every day we get another wild article without fact, and we take off with it and fantisise our 2012 squad around it and get our hopes up, and then we get another article saying it isn't going to happen and we panic about who is going to play where, and then the next day we get an article saying it is all back on again...

We have an owner who is well known to be media shy and isn't commenting at all about recruitment until the deal is done and dusted, and we have a new coach who isn't saying a word at all, and we have the media inventing articles on the basis of nothing factual.

And all along we keep panicking whether we are going to get every NRL player on the market and where we are going to play them.

Forgive me but I'll start worrying when/if we sign anyone or it becomes known we have missed a target.

Until then Perverse, feel free to blow your load over teams that we can't possibly fit in the salary cap but have hopes to achieve because Phil Rothfield and Danny Weidler says it will happen :)
Doesn't stop the Titans :crazy: