What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team 2012!!

I don't know much about Green tbh (I'll be watching him closely today), but he's gotta be better than most if not all of our current props.

RABK

Referee
5 hitups for 41 metres in his 15 minutes on the field and that was during the period where the roosters literally had the ball for 12 minutes on the Dragons try line. So he's got Kaufusi's last 2 games covered in 15 minutes.

Whats Doing

Bench
I would not put Green ahead of Tui or Faas nor do I consider him a starting prop. However he would be an excellent pick up at a relative cheap price as a benchie and is miles ahead of Kaufusi and Tolar

RABK

Referee
He's ahead of tui - no doubts. Tui would be nowhere near the dragons top 25. Tui, whilst been the best of our props, has not been much chop himself. His stats are still among the lower 20% of starting prop forwards.

Faas is a different kind of prop and is great for impact and grunt. Can't compare him and Green.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Precisely

Green is a starter that would do the job and so it well.

I love what Faas does but he is not what you could categorize as a workhorse prop

Whats Doing

Bench
Depends how you wish to play the game. Impact up front and workhorse comes on or workhorse from the front and impact off the bench.

I prefer the former and want dominance from the beginning but as I said depends on how you wish to play the game. Bennett has an each way bet with Hunt (workhorse) and Merrin (impact) starting with Weyman (impact) and Green (workhorse) coming off the bench.

ballbag

Juniors
Tolar will be there. Anyone who needs a fitness test is challenged by tolar. His numbers don't read for a good effort but he finds his front more often than not. His attitude is what keeps him in the 17, he does just not give in. Give his attitude to some of the other highly fancied imports and you would have a world class middle player.

Alex28

Coach
There is an article on SMH suggesting we are among the teams chasing Chris Sandow. Anybody else heard this before now?

RABK

Referee
By god i hope not. What in Gods name can he possibly offer us?

I am praying that the link is made because Bennett gave him a rap in an interview last week so they think Bennett will sign him.

Tyrone Roberts has shown me more in his two FG games than Sandow has in his 70 odd.

rnb11

Juniors
There is an article on SMH suggesting we are among the teams chasing Chris Sandow. Anybody else heard this before now?

I think we're "linked" to him because someone started the rumour that Bennett rates Sandow and would've signed him if he went back to Brisbane.

Noname36

First Grade
We already have too many halves, all of which are better than Sandow.

I'm really beginning to warm to the idea of Gids being named at lock, but playing more of a roving game from the back (kinda like a more talented version of Anasta at the Roosters). That's his next best option to fullback imo, and if we get Boyd, no doubt he'll be our #1. Gids just crabs across field too much and doesn't have enough playmaking skills for either 5/8 or centre imo. Playing a roving type game would allow him to chime in when he senses an opportunity, without letting him take control of our plays and screw them up like he does in the halves.

My only worry is that we'd have too many cooks in the kitchen so to speak. However I think we have that problem now with Gidley in the halves because he automatically takes charge...but we look our best when Mullen is in charge and running the show. De Gois isn't really a play making hooker either like a Cam Smith or a Farah, so having Gids in the middle, and Boyd out the back would give us another string to our attack which we've been sorely missing imo.

1. Boyd
2. Uate
3. ...
4. ...
5. McManus

6. Henry
7. Mullen

8. Snowden/Tui
9. De Gois
10. Costigan
11. Houston
12. Taia
13. Gidley

14. Hilder
15. Pato (if he improves is horrible workrate. If not KOD/Cook).
16. Fass
17. Edwards/Mark T/prop Bennett brings along.

No idea what will happen in the centres. It'll depend on whether we keep Sau and if Likiliki makes the step up. We still have Wes too. I'm not too worried there.

Last edited:

League_God

Juniors
i don't get the sandow hate.
He has so much RAW talent it's not funny. If anyone's career could flourish under Bennett, it's this guy.
Would not complain at all if we signed Sandow. I don't think it will happen though.
Sandow> Gids in the halves

Latest posts