What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team 2012!!

Goddo

Bench
1. Darius Boyd
2. James McManus
3. Junior Sau
4. Timana Tahu
5. Akuila Uate
6. Beau Henry
7. Jarrod Mullen
8. Kade Snowden
9. Kurt Gidley (c)
10. Evarn Tuimamave
11. Chris Houston
12. Neville Costigan
13. Joel Edwards

14. Danny Buderus
15. Jon Green
16. Richie Fa'aoso
17. Matt Hilder

Thoughts on our likely 17 as of now?

Lookin real good Knights. Question though, Beau Henry. Rumours he is off to the Sharks. Gidley to 6, Buderus to 9 with another hooker off the bench?

timka4

Bench
Wouldn't be surprised if Wayne uses Costigan as a prop, like he did at the Dragons.
Wouldn't mind that either TBH, and move Hilder into 12, Tuimamave to the bench.

RABK

Referee
Houston, Hilder, Edwards backrow is too impotent in attack to be a starting backrow.

I FORGOT ZEB!

Zeb at 11, Houston to lock Edwards to 15... Green no sign lol

jonno_knights

Juniors
Zebalon Taia? Place him in the starting backrow at the expense of Costigan, with Nev moving to the FR. (Beat me to it Bicey)

1. Boyd.
2. McManus
3. Sau
4. Tahu
5. Uate
6. Mullen
7. Henry
8. Snowden
9. Gidley (c) (gk)
10. Costigan
11. Housten
12. Taia
13. Edwards/Hilder

14. Buderus
15. Tuimavave/Green
16. Fa'aoso
17. Hilder/Edwards

timka4

Bench
I thought he was told look elsewhere? Or am I completely wrong. If so, then he would probably would be in my starting side.

RABK

Referee
1. Darius Boyd
2. James McManus
3. Junior Sau
4. Timana Tahu
5. Akuila Uate
6. Beau Henry
7. Jarrod Mullen
8. Kade Snowden
9. Kurt Gidley (c)
10. Evarn Tuimamave
11. Zeb Taia
12. Neville Costigan
13. Chris Houston

14. Danny Buderus
15. Joel Edwards
16. Richie Fa'aoso
17. Matt Hilder

Bicey_18

Bench
That would have to be close to one of the best backlines in the comp, forward pack isnt too shabby either

RABK

Referee
I think people read too much into Bennetts hand been forced in moving Nev to the front row after Hunt's injury and Poore had moved on. He's a backrower and the entire Dragons team lifted 20% in the finals, not just Nev.

1. Darius Boyd
2. James McManus
3. Junior Sau
4. Timana Tahu
5. Akuila Uate
6. Beau Henry
7. Jarrod Mullen
8. Kade Snowden
9. Kurt Gidley (c)
10. Evarn Tuimamave
11. Zeb Taia
12. Neville Costigan
13. Chris Houston

14. Danny Buderus
15. Joel Edwards
16. Richie Fa'aoso
17. Matt Hilder
That's my pick.
Assuming we are injury free. We are sure to get disrupted by some injuries again.

amcoglory

Juniors
Its great to see your team going so well

I have always like the knights and just glad its not the usal broncos easts getting the good players

wish it was us

will be a tough team to beat next year and the four comeing

Noname36

First Grade
1. Boyd
2. Uate
3. Tahu
4. Sau
5. McManus

6. Henry/Roberts (Although I think it'll be Gids)
7. Mullen

8. Snowden
9. Gidley (c)
10. Costigan
11. Houston
12. Taia
13. Edwards

14. Bedsy/Hilder
15. Tui
16. Fass
17. Someone Bennett brings with him/younger player who gets promoted

jonno_knights

Juniors
I think people read too much into Bennetts hand been forced in moving Nev to the front row after Hunt's injury and Poore had moved on. He's a backrower and the entire Dragons team lifted 20% in the finals, not just Nev.

Your probably right, cause Prior also played quite a bit of front row at times, but Merrin, Weyman, Green and Saffy wouldnt have been too shabby of a FR rotation. In saying that though, he had to fit Smith, Young, Creagh and Scott in the backrow somewhere too, so Costigan in the FR opened this up.

Costigan, House and Taia would be an awsome backrow, if someone made the transition to lock. Attacking wise its a better option then having Hilder or Edwards there. And I dont think you'd loose too much defensively.

jonno_knights

Juniors
I suspect we will pick up a few more players yet.

No doubt, we have little proven depth unless Bennett thinks he can turn Tolar, Rogers or Kaufusi into gems. Atm they are the only 3 players contracted for 2012 (if you dont count KOD and Likiliki). Then there is Ciraldo, Mika, Karawana and Southern off contract this year. Doesnt look good atm, but Wayne will find his troops.

timka4

Bench
Looks incredible, however both centres can be pretty indifferent. Hopefully under Bennett Sau can gain some consistency and learn to pass a little more.
Also, hopefully Bennett can get Tahu back to his best or near best.

Still very happy with the backline.

Serc

First Grade
Question though, Beau Henry. Rumours he is off to the Sharks.

That rumour was shown to be pretty much made up by a radio station...from memory they asked Henry about it the day after and he told the media that this was the first he'd heard about it!

In any case, we have signed one of the most promising young halves out there for 3 years, would be a very, very odd decision to cut him after half a dozen games for us!

He wouldn't get to play first grade at the Sharks anyway, with Kelly, Graham and I think Robson now going there? Too many halves there anyway, its why he left Saints as Stone offered him a genuine opportunity at first grade.

Johns Magic

Referee
He wouldn't get to play first grade at the Sharks anyway, with Kelly, Graham and I think Robson now going there? Too many halves there anyway, its why he left Saints as Stone offered him a genuine opportunity at first grade.

There is no way Henry wouldn't crack that halves pairing.

Graham sucks.

Latest posts