What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list Tuesday ! Trial vs Raiders

IFR33K

Coach
There hasn't been much need to compress against us since 2016. Now Paulo is back teams will need to play it a bit tighter in the middle.

Yeah the big boppers have struggled in recent times. Now with Paulo hopefully causing a few problems up the middle, our other forwards should also benefit. Fergo is another strong runner up the middle. Let’s just hope the halves are up to the task when we go out wide. BA’s recruiting has been questionable over the years, but I think he’s done particularly well for 2019. Let’s just hope we have no off field incidents and Paulo stays healthy all year.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Paulo is 25 now. Hopefully we see him grow into a leader off the field as well as on it. A few of the 'bad influences' are not there anymore.

Delboy

First Grade
Yeah the big boppers have struggled in recent times. Now with Paulo hopefully causing a few problems up the middle, our other forwards should also benefit. Fergo is another strong runner up the middle. Let’s just hope the halves are up to the task when we go out wide. BA’s recruiting has been questionable over the years, but I think he’s done particularly well for 2019. Let’s just hope we have no off field incidents and Paulo stays healthy all year.
Agree , recruitment has been good given the market place, the biggest issue is the predictable playing style that was again evident in the trial. Let's hope we modernise what we have seen in the past few years to be more creative, that's the ultimate question mark.

T-Boon

Coach
Is "pig" a term we are using for all forwards or just middle forwards or is it not yet clearly defined?

Avenger

Immortal
I think our pack is fine now. We have plenty of size and mongrel.
If we can jag a strike player like Josh Dugan from Cronulla for this season after they are forced to shed a player or two It would be a good move. Maybe even someone like Townsend if we opt not to renew Moses. The added benefit is his goal kicking.

I’m worried about Moses being the man. Besides being another unlikeable sook He is essentially a 6 as is Brown and I think he may be highly overrated. His career is at a crossroads. I hope he delivers.

Mostly I’m skeptical about the ability of Arthur to come up with any new attacking strategies. All he seems to be obsessed with are completions. f**king bald robot.

Last edited:

T-Boon

Coach
I’m worried about Moses being the man. Besides being anotherr unlikeable sook He is essentially a 6 as is Brown and I think he may be highly overrated. His career is at a crossroads. I hope he delivers.

Moses speaks pretty well. I like him as a person. There is a question mark over his ability.

hindy111

Post Whore
Agree , recruitment has been good given the market place, the biggest issue is the predictable playing style that was again evident in the trial. Let's hope we modernise what we have seen in the past few years to be more creative, that's the ultimate question mark.

Lots of sides are predicatable. Storm and Roosters are but they execute so well its impossible to stop. Inside the 20 you must set up for 2 strike plays and be hitting Lane Nikuore,Jennings,Tepai on them. We fluff around and to much and dont stick to the plan. If anythning we need to b e more predicatable inside the 20 and stick to the drill.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Lots of sides are predicatable. Storm and Roosters are but they execute so well its impossible to stop. Inside the 20 you must set up for 2 strike plays and be hitting Lane Nikuore,Jennings,Tepai on them. We fluff around and to much and dont stick to the plan. If anythning we need to b e more predicatable inside the 20 and stick to the drill.
Hadn't thought of it that way.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Teams are predictable because they play to their strengths. It's obvious where each team's strengths are, and the teams with the most to spend on players have more strengths across the park. Therefore they are able to play to different strengths as required.

Unfortunately in a year were the refs focus on one area (e.g. the ruck) their focus is necessarily removed from other areas and suddenly there is only one viable tactic.

JokerEel

Coach
Trials mean not a lot.

I'd expect them to ramp it up against the Panthers in the next trial. There is still 4 weeks to go. And plenty of players wont reach peak fitness till about round 4 anyhows.
As much as Mannah was woefull you have to wonder what a guy like him would get from a trial? Most likely only a few younger guys would of been busting nut to show coach.
Trials mean not a lot.

I'd expect them to ramp it up against the Panthers in the next trial. There is still 4 weeks to go. And plenty of players wont reach peak fitness till about round 4 anyhows.
As much as Mannah was woefull you have to wonder what a guy like him would get from a trial? Most likely only a few younger guys would of been busting nut to show coach.

Mannah was woeful? Though he actually ran hard with good leg drive...

He isn't a starting prob anymore but will be a good benchie..