What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list Tuesday - Week 1 finals Eels v Knights | Sunday 4pm

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
What do you reckon it's going on with Matterson? My first thought is always contract shenanigans.
Thought he would definitely be picked. Isn’t he part of the leadership group too?

Maybe a reward for Maka, showing faith in him.

Or could Lussick’s injury have forced him to pick Smith/Stone instead of Matterson.

emjaycee

Coach
If Stone can knock some of the Newy forwards on their ass early like he did with JFH, it might just quiet them down for the remainder of the game.
Worked last weekend.

Gronk

Staff member
What do you reckon it's going on with Matterson? My first thought is always contract shenanigans.
Stone is there to tough out the fist 20 mins. Will Smith will play more hooker than Stone I reckon.

Surely Matto will play over Lane.

IFR33K

Coach
I reckon BA knows this is going to be won or lost in the forwards so Stone in a cameo for the first 20-25 mins to tackle his ass off and make sure our middle defence is rock solid before the Fresh Prince comes on as a better D/H option.

I’m not sure we’ll win bc of ray stone. I’m also a little concerned there’s no genuine rake

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Bushy really doesn't value the hooker position does he?
I'm sure he values his first choice hooker Reed Mahoney. With the highest number of TAs of any dummy half he obviously had the freedom in Arthur's game plan to play what's in front of him. Lussick doesn't have that ability, so his job is just to pass to better players: Moses, Paulo and co. With Lussick unavailable that job is shared between Stone and Smith this week.
This is a crucial position. This is the reason why I can't stand the guy. Always trying to do something tactical in his team selections, seeking attention to make it look like it's his masterminded tactics that wins the games.

We might get away with it this game, but no chance against the top 4.
Are you saying teams might struggle against better defences with their first and second choice dummy half unavailable? With that sort of insight you need to get into coaching.

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
I
I'm sure he values his first choice hooker Reed Mahoney. With the highest number of TAs of any dummy half he obviously had the freedom in Arthur's game plan to play what's in front of him. Lussick doesn't have that ability, so his job is just to pass to better players: Moses, Paulo and co. With Lussick unavailable that job is shared between Stone and Smith this week.
Are you saying teams might struggle against better defences with their first and second choice dummy half unavailable? With that sort of insight you need to get into coaching.
Is lussick injured?

hindy111

Post Whore
Dude - Nth QLD Cows 2017.

Only won 3 of their last 8 regular season games after the bye.

Finished 8th. Then beat 5th placed Sharks, 4th placed Eels, 2nd placed Roosters then to lose to Storm in the GF.

You're a fool if you think that games are in the bag and saying that it's a fail if we don't win by 20, is just trolling.

No. We are favourites. Knights where over 3-1. Bring home the win.

IFR33K

Coach
Sure did.
JFH had one of his quietest games all year.

He ran for just under 100 meters. Their other 3 forwards ran for well over 100 m. Stone put some nice shots on, but let’s not get ahead of ourselves. They easily won, plus our forwards hardly made a dent carting the ball.