What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

team next week

CJKnight

Juniors
1. Kurt Gidley
2. James McManus
3. George Carmont
4. Brad Tighe
5. Adam MacDougall
6. Jarrod Mullen
7. Andrew Johns
8. Josh Perry
9. terrence Seu Seu
10. Adam Woolnough
11. Steve Simpson
12. Clint Newton
13. Daniel Abraham

14. Corey Patterson
15. Matthew White
16. Mitchell Sargent (I think Tolar might get a week or two for that high tackle)
17. Todd Polglase

Bicey_18

Bench
I dun really like Carmont and Tighe in the centres.... Doogs should be shifted in the centres and uate on the wing replacing tighe or carmont

antonius

Coach
christopherjon said:
1. Kurt Gidley
2. James McManus
3. George Carmont
4. Brad Tighe
5. Adam MacDougall
6. Jarrod Mullen
7. Andrew Johns
8. Josh Perry
9. terrence Seu Seu
10. Adam Woolnough
11. Steve Simpson
12. Clint Newton
13. Daniel Abraham

14. Corey Patterson
15. Matthew White
16. Mitchell Sargent (I think Tolar might get a week or two for that high tackle)
17. Todd Polglase
I don't. Not intentional, and there were worse tackles than that in the game that were not reported. Ryles fell into it.

League_God

Juniors
righteo, this is how it should go

1.Kurt Gidley (any1 that wants him to move anywhere else at this stage is insane, it would only screw up his game, working with Joey and Buderus in the side he would be dynamite)

2.James McManus (Very Solid in all areas of his game, will love to see him in attack one on one with the other wingers in the comp he looks like a monster out there, and of course wouldn't mind seeing him make some clean breaks when Joey And Buderus get back)

3.Milton Thaiday (i'd put him there one game just to see how he goes, we certaintly need some of that X-Factor which he provides, if he fails there then put Tighe there)

4. Adam MacDougall (Best ive seen him play in both games then i have since he was last with us)

5.Aku Uate (We could certainly use the explosive speed, size and strength on our wings)

6.Jarred Mullen (Picks himself)

7.Andrew Johns (Picks himself)

8. Josh Perry (Last Chance! or he can piss off to premier league and wont be back for a while)

9. Terrence Seu Seu (Picks Himself Till Bedsy Gets Back)

10.Adam Woolnough (Picks himself)

11.Steve Simpson (Picks himself)

12. Clint Newton (Picks himself, looks like he is back to his best!!!:) )

13.Daniel Abraham (Picks himself, what a player, no doubt our starting lock, he has put my idea of Kidley at Lock To rest, also the fact that kidley developing into an explosive fullback)

14.Matt White (Unless plagued by injuries, i will leave him on the bench for the rest of the season, good teams need a strong Bench he provides more than that)

15.Corey Patterson (Picks himself so exciting)

16.Kade Snowden (Love to see him have a run and if he is going to do it, why not against the wooden spoon favourites?)

17.Todd Polglase (incase Thaiday fails)

im so excited!!! Newy Knights Premiership Winners 07!

keeney

First Grade
This is one of the first times I've been really excited since our team lineup since 02. Some of the players are looking to be in the kind of form that just gets you so excited it hurts. Patterson is the first new forward to really give me goosebumps in ages, a wide running 2nd rower like that who was constantly getting his ehad through the line...and on debut? Sensational.

Just a quick question, where'd you guys get your match stats? I looked on NRL.com last week for the thign they used to do, but couldn't find it.

Frederick

Staff member
keeney said:
Just a quick question, where'd you guys get your match stats? I looked on NRL.com last week for the thign they used to do, but couldn't find it.
On the NRL.com mainpage, there's a banner near the top for NRL Live Scoreboard. All the match stats for the games are in there.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
1. Kurt Gidley
2. James McManus
3. George Carmont
4. Adam MacDougall
5. Akuila Uate
6. Brad Tighe
7. Andrew Johns
8. Josh Perry
9. Terence Seu Seu
10. Adam Woolnough
11. Steve Simpson
12. Clint Newton
13. Daniel Abraham

14. Todd Polglase
15. Dan Tolar
16. Corey Patterson
17. Matt White

Mullo to be given the week off to rest his ribs before the Storm game which will be a blockbuster.

League_God

Juniors
Jobdog said:
1. Kurt Gidley
2. James McManus
3. George Carmont
4. Adam MacDougall
5. Akuila Uate
6. Brad Tighe
7. Andrew Johns
8. Josh Perry
9. Terence Seu Seu
10. Adam Woolnough
11. Steve Simpson
12. Clint Newton
13. Daniel Abraham

14. Todd Polglase
15. Dan Tolar
16. Corey Patterson
17. Matt White

Mullo to be given the week off to rest his ribs before the Storm game which will be a blockbuster.[/quote]

cannot argue with that, id rest Mullen and maybe even joey if he is not 100% depending on how walsh is, what injury did he sustain?

fred_knight

Juniors
Put Uate in, i heard so much about him but havent seen him play at all, im excited about him cause everyone else, lol

And i think the last tackle options werent the best last night, kicks too deep!

bluesbreaker

Bench
***EDIT*** HAHAHAHA, Talk about late!

Bring it home Knights said:
You can not be serious! Perry to the bench???? He was one of our best forwards tonight!

You can not be serious! What game were you watching exactly? Let's compare their stats shall we...

Woolnough - 32 tackles, 0 missed, 13 hitups, 135 metres,
Perry - 23 tackles, 1 missed, 11 hitups, 86 metres,

Now, who was the better performing forward last night?

Bring it home Knights said:
Also paterson to the centres, come again?

I think questioning Roopy's judgement when it comes to where our juniors should play is a bit beyond your analytical capabilities at this present moment.

Burwood

Bench
I think our current backline will be given one more chance to improve- Smith to pick the same 5 guys, but switch MacDougall and Tighe. I think Uate might have to wait an extra week because PL had the bye this weekend- give him one more game in PL to show his worth and really apply the pressure to Tighe.

Johns Magic

Referee
bluesbreaker said:
I think questioning Roopy's judgement when it comes to where our juniors should play is a bit beyond your analytical capabilities at this present moment.

What a wank of a comment that is :lol:

roopy

Referee
Let me put my case for Patto in the centres.

1/ we have forwards to burn but need a quality back or two.

2/ He came to our club as a fullback (although i don't think he has ever had a run there) and has all the skills and abilities of a back.

3/ He plays as a wide running second rower in attack, which is pretty much playing centre anyway.

4/ In the game last night he showed he can step round a centre, run with a winger, tackle players who have room to move and link up with an outside player (the Carmont try).

Last year in Flegg he switched to the centres a heap of times during games and did it well - and right at the end of the season he was playing PL and you couldn't keep the big guy out of the backline as he scored at a try a game - and most of them were backs trys. I even saw him score a few by putting in a grubber kick for himself.

He has all the skills of a back, he loves to play in the backs so much he runs with them even as a forward - and do we need a giant hardrunning centre? yes we do - do we need another second rower? - not really, it is our strongest position in all grades.

roopy

Referee
Just had a look at the stats - Paterson scored 8 tries from 7 games in PL last season and was the the only PL player to score at better than a try a game.

perverse

Referee
perverse said:
tighe dead set needs to go. he's had 2 shots at the centre spot this year now and has disappointed both times. kidley has to stay at fullback, he is absolutely killing them in the role smith has put him in, and has looked the goods under the high balls since the end of last season. this will be a massive year for kids...

1. Kidley
2. McManus
3. Polglase
4. MacDougall
5. Uate
6. Mullen
7. Johns
8. Perry
9. Seu Seu
10. Woolnough
11. Simpson
12. Newton
13. Abraham

14. Tolar (although i think he'll be up at the judiciary this week)
15. Patterson
16. White
17. Thaiday

now in round 4 you drop thaiday, put seu seu to the bench and bring buderus in.
based on what you've just said roopy i'd be happy to drop polglase to the bench and trial pato in the centres and maybe bring snowden on to the bench (dropping thaiday to PL). which would produce:
1. Kidley
2. McManus
3. Patterson
4. MacDougall
5. Uate
6. Mullen
7. Johns
8. Perry
9. Seu Seu
10. Woolnough
11. Simpson
12. Newton
13. Abraham

14. Tolar (pending suspension)
15. Snowden
16. White
17. Polglase

very interesting...

Spike

First Grade
I can't see Smith changing the linup too much. Only change I can see is Joey in the side with either Reynldson or Abraham to lock and Paterson despite his solid debut will drop off the bench or possibly Tolar

Pumba

First Grade
CWBush said:
1: Kurt Gidley
2: James McManus
3: George Carmont
4: Adam MacDougall
5: Akuila Uate
6: Jarrod Mullen
7: Andrew Johns (c)
8: Josh Perry
9: Terence Seu Seu
10: Adam Woolnough
11: Steve Simpson
12: Clint Newton
13: Daniel Abraham

14: Daniel Tolar
15: Matt White
16: Cory Patterson
17: Todd Polglase

f**k Reynoldson off, already. He's a failure under two coaches.

Great side there that's what I would have picked. With maybe Snowden to come in if Tolar gets suspened which is unlikely

Sacrolishes

Juniors
in seeing the two games so far this season carmont cannot possibly play centre anymore..he is purely a winger MacDougall is more suited to the centre position!! carmont a doogs ARE NOT getting along and ARE NOT connecting as a combo...i do believe Uate is due to get a shot, but i do also believe it will another week..i thought Tighe grew last night got some more confidence and can possible cement the position!!

i dont know who to drop cause..(well it isnt my decision) BUT i am a carmont fan..but oinly wing..Tigh i will give a few more games to see if he can keep improving cause he is capable...but in all certin honesty..carmont and doogs NEED to change..if its the one quarry i have about Smith it is that he has chosen carmont it centres

finally......Uate needs to be there sometime during the year he is the game breaker..whether he handalls first grade is to be seen..SEU seu hasnt been as potent as he is in premier or flegg so interesting how uate does go agaist the big boys if he'd have same impact!!

Smith knows Uate is needed...

Btw Roopy..i think patto is good for the centres but id rather see him take Renoldsons position..cause reno just is doing nothing for me..or any of us for that fact!!

Latest posts