What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team to vs eels

TruSaint

Referee
Anyone know what the go is with Cooper? I thought he was one of your best on Sunday.

Also I read earlier in the day that Benji wasn't going to get named today but may be a late inclusion. I would assume that has to do with the Tigers compo

Havent heard of any injury to Cooper at all.

We all no Flo wont play.

According to the wise man the compo deal will not affect his decision re Marshall.

Refer to thread re delay on Marshall.

Godz Illa

Coach
It's a cut and paste people.
Happens every week. When will people learn?
Nothing like the side that will run out.
Nighty's selection should be the giveaway.
It's a ruse.
The team named against the Dogs took the field, 1-17. No changes.

This team is different to that team.

Not sure why it is so unreasonable to assume this will not be at least very close to the side that runs out.

Certainly, I doubt this thread warrants such a snooty, supercilious attitude.

tumbidragon

First Grade

Not sure why it is so unreasonable to assume this will not be at least very close to the side that runs out.

This. If the side does run out as is, Price is a gutless wonder. After all the tough talk in the presser about the effort this very 17 -Cooper and Flo put in on Sunday and saying the players should apologise to the fans, he makes zero statement... At the very least name an extended bench too put pressure on some players ffs!

64 Dragon

Coach
I almost busted a gasket on another thread so I'm not going to do it again,but Price has shown how gutless he is .
Only the disgraceful Raiders have a worse defence than us and he rewards them again.

Dragons - 220 points against
Sharks - 220 points against
Eels - 227 points against
Raiders - 258 points against

See, we're not that bad. :D

getsmarty

Immortal
This. If the side does run out as is, Price is a gutless wonder. After all the tough talk in the presser about the effort this very 17 -Cooper and Flo put in on Sunday and saying the players should apologise to the fans, he makes zero statement... At the very least name an extended bench too put pressure on some players ffs!

Agree 100%...What a Clown....HAS NO IDEA...Cooper has been one of our most consistent.

Weston30010

Juniors
I assume Cooper must be injured, as surely he has to be picked otherwise. And I'll believe Nightingale's playing when I see him run out onto the field. I'd have this team:

1. Dugan
2. Morris
3. Thompson
4. Beale
5. Nightingale (or Quinlan - it can't hurt to have his support play in the team, and if he can play FB he can play wing)
6. Widdop
7. Williams
8. Cooper
9. Rein
10. Merrin
11. Creagh
12. Frizell
13. Stanley (if his fitness is up to it - I'll defer to Price on that point)

14. Stockwell
15. De Belin
16. Ailaomai (although I haven't seen him play for a while)
17. Ah Mau

dragonreddy

Juniors
It's a cut and paste people.
Happens every week. When will people learn?
Nothing like the side that will run out.
Nighty's selection should be the giveaway.
It's a ruse.

I dont know if it is a cut/paste as Cooper has always been on the list whenever Williams was also on it,i had a quick look back through the team lists.

bhabs

Juniors
cooper is injured and mata utia should come in for nightingale, not sure about the forward changes, how can he keep the same ones is beyond me...

bottle

Coach

f**k off you imbecile.
Are you going to sweat on every post I make now and have a shot just because I don't subscribe to your obsessive view of the world?
Grow up for f**k's sake.
You take superciliousness to a new level you hypocrite. You could give lessons in it.

Godz Illa

Coach
lol diddums.

I'm just going in to bat for the posters in this thread whom you essentially accused of being gullible fools. I tend to think they have a point and the facts support that.

Damo!

Juniors
I assume Cooper must be injured, as surely he has to be picked otherwise. And I'll believe Nightingale's playing when I see him run out onto the field. I'd have this team:

1. Dugan
2. Morris
3. Thompson
4. Beale
5. Nightingale (or Quinlan - it can't hurt to have his support play in the team, and if he can play FB he can play wing)
6. Widdop
7. Williams
8. Cooper
9. Rein
10. Merrin
11. Creagh
12. Frizell
13. Stanley (if his fitness is up to it - I'll defer to Price on that point)

14. Stockwell
15. De Belin
16. Ailaomai (although I haven't seen him play for a while)
17. Ah Mau

Interestingly, Style is named at 13 for the cutters this week.

Gomarchin

Juniors
Metres made by the forwards vs. Dogs last week:

Stockwell 44
Merrin 49
Harrison 51
Frizzel 50
De Belin 47
Creagh 80
Ah Mau 37
Hunt 46
COOPER 58

Weston30010

Juniors
Interestingly, Style is named at 13 for the cutters this week.
I didn't realise that. It sounds like I might be onto something then. I think these days Kyle might be better suited as a lock, and at least we can move Merrin back to prop where he belongs and introduce some size up front. We have plenty of back rowers, but not so many decent props. Why waste the one we have at lock if we don't have to?

bottle

Coach
It is a damn shame if Cooper is injured. Has been a consistent and stalwart performer.
Not on the official injured list, so you have to wonder what has happened.
He should be one of our starting props for mine based on his form to date.

Last edited: