What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team to vs eels

tumbidragon

First Grade
I didn't realise that. It sounds like I might be onto something then. I think these days Kyle might be better suited as a lock, and at least we can move Merrin back to prop where he belongs and introduce some size up front. We have plenty of back rowers, but not so many decent props. Why waste the one we have at lock if we don't have to?
x2 Think Kyle could do quiet well at 13. He's defensively sound, has a good passing game and footwork for roving around the middle. And as you point out, could free up Merrin for the front row. Be the smartest thing Price has done since...

Weston30010

Juniors
x2 Think Kyle could do quiet well at 13. He's defensively sound, has a good passing game and footwork for roving around the middle. And as you point out, could free up Merrin for the front row. Be the smartest thing Price has done since...
Yes, which is exactly why we all know he won't do it.

bottle

Coach
Agree it has some merit. Style can ball play so the opportunity is there to develop into a G Stewart type role if he is robust enough.
That's the long term question that hangs over Style isn't it.

ek999

First Grade
Metres made by the forwards vs. Dogs last week:

Stockwell 44
Merrin 49
Harrison 51
Frizzel 50
De Belin 47
Creagh 80
Ah Mau 37
Hunt 46
COOPER 58

Wow that's crazy. Compare that to the Bulldogs, every forward made more than every Dragon except for Eastwood and Tim Browne who made more than everyone bar Creagh

Tolman 102
Graham 131
Jackson 119
Williams 156
Eastwood 69
Finucane 113
Browne 70
Klemmer 94
Kasiano 88

If you use the nrlstats.com stats it is even worse

hazzbeen

Bench
Unless Cooper is injured that'll do me ......start passing the hat around and get rid if this imposter once and for all.......:x

The problem is Price thinks he has great coaching skills and his player are not following his game plan, he is like a little boy with a lego set and dosnt know where the pieces fit.Get rid of him now before he destroys all our players........

twinkletoes

Juniors
I can just see the "playing group" and Price sitting around the dressing room right now with beers in hand saying..."I really pulled the wool over the supporters eyes this time..pretending to be disgustted with your soft performance last week...ha, ha, ha...don't worry boys, none of you will be dropped..just keep saying I really know how to coach...."

Weston30010

Juniors
Agree it has some merit. Style can ball play so the opportunity is there to develop into a G Stewart type role if he is robust enough.
That's the long term question that hangs over Style isn't it.
Yes, but I wonder about Kyle's future with the Dragons, as I suspect Price will continue to misuse him as a bench hooker, a centre, or whatever. As a result he'll probably languish in the Cutters, or on the first grade bench until the end of the year, then go to Melbourne or elsewhere and become a champion.

chemics

Juniors
Vossy tweeted that Cooper was dropped ???
Anyway if he is injured surely this must be conveyed through the club
He's been really consistent this year and will be pissed if he was dropped

Yes, but I wonder about Kyle's future with the Dragons, as I suspect Price will continue to misuse him as a bench hooker, a centre, or whatever. As a result he'll probably languish in the Cutters, or on the first grade bench until the end of the year, then go to Melbourne or elsewhere and become a champion.

He will end up at the dogs with his brother on a cheap contract where he will kill it and everyone will be crying once again.

FlameThrower

Bench
Do yourself a favour and stop stressing over this, there is a train wreck coming and nobody is at wheel. We can't stop it, it has to run its course.....right off the tracks.
I love my Dragons, have since 1977 but this is now beyond belief...

Country Dragon

Juniors

Yes, but should have been done in the pre-season. I really hope he gets a decent shot with us as I believe he has got the goods. Just needs a decent run with injuries!

Redvpassion

Juniors
Wow that's crazy. Compare that to the Bulldogs, every forward made more than every Dragon except for Eastwood and Tim Browne who made more than everyone bar Creagh

Tolman 102
Graham 131
Jackson 119
Williams 156
Eastwood 69
Finucane 113
Browne 70
Klemmer 94
Kasiano 88

If you use the nrlstats.com stats it is even worse

Even Doust himself said we don't need forwards at the redv function and that quickness of the game is built for a smaller pack. Spot on DOUSTY, that's why your CEO. Always making the right decisions. :crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

Redvpassion

Juniors
What's with prices obsession with Harrison and Ah Mau?? That'll do me.

Why not put Thompson where he belongs and bring up that Matai dude into the centers and start giving players a chance. It won't be such a bad thing to trust players to perform on debut. They will kill it and jump at the opportunity given.

One more massive loss and I think our season is over of its not already. We have nothing to lose besides our pride and dignity......oh wait sorry.

Last edited:

GT0007

Juniors
I assume Cooper must be injured, as surely he has to be picked otherwise. And I'll believe Nightingale's playing when I see him run out onto the field. I'd have this team:

1. Dugan
2. Morris
3. Thompson
4. Beale
5. Nightingale (or Quinlan - it can't hurt to have his support play in the team, and if he can play FB he can play wing)
6. Widdop
7. Williams
8. Cooper
9. Rein
10. Merrin
11. Creagh
12. Frizell
13. Stanley (if his fitness is up to it - I'll defer to Price on that point)

14. Stockwell
15. De Belin
16. Ailaomai (although I haven't seen him play for a while)
17. Ah Mau

Not too far off the mark. I saw Ailaomai play 2 weeks ago and he went pretty well tho I don't imagine he would play big minutes. I would have JDB starting as I think we need his defense at the start of the game. Junior Tia-Kilifi goes well too in the back row. Have a look at the Cutters team this week and add Williams in, its a pretty good team!

1. Adam Quinlan
2. Nathan Green
3. Charly Runciman
4. Peter Mata'utia
5. Yaw Kiti Glymin
6. Kyle Eather
7. Michael Witt (c)
8. Josh Ailaomai
9. Shane Pumipi
17. Rory O'Brien
11. Matt Groat
12. Junior Tia-Kilifi
13. Kyle Stanley
14. Craig Garvey
18. Charlie Faingaa
19. Geoff Daniela
24. Shannon Wakeman

Top of the table clash against the feeder for the Eels, Wenthworthville

TruSaint

Referee
What's with prices obsession with Harrison and Ah Mau?? That'll do me.

Why not put Thompson where he belongs and bring up that Matai dude into the centers and start giving players a chance. It won't be such a bad thing to trust players to perform on debut. They will kill it and jump at the opportunity given.

One more massive loss and I think our season is over of its not already. We have nothing to lose besides our pride and dignity......oh wait sorry.

Very disappointed with you mate.